Home

LucasArts to make World Exclusive Announcements™ at Comic-Con

Sabretooth

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Goddamnit Darrell Rodriguez is the best thing that's ever happened to LucasArts.

I'll disagree. I think he's the ''worst'' thing that's ever happened to LucasArts. Mediocre announcements (Oh, yay. We have some some games being released on steam which I highly think is not a big exciting announcement, and a big disappointing game that was out in 2008 being ported to the PC and Mac.) But the biggest thing that I hate LucasArts for is that they canceled K3 and Battlefront III and approved of making some stupid MMO which name I'm not even going to mention. I think the only good announcement they have made in the past 2 months is the Monkey Island one.

What other game company done as much awesome stuff in under 2 months?

Ubisoft announced Splinter Cell Conviction, and Assassins Creed II. I take its fair to say that those two will end up better then anything LucasArts announced recently.

I'll disagree. I think he's the ''worst'' thing that's ever happened to LucasArts. Mediocre announcements (Oh, yay. We have some some games being released on steam which I highly think is not a big exciting announcement, and a big disappointing game that was out in 2008 being ported to the PC and Mac.) But the biggest thing that I hate LucasArts for is that they canceled K3 and Battlefront III and approved of making some stupid MMO which name I'm not even going to mention.

Ubisoft announced Splinter Cell Conviction, and Assassins Creed II. I take its fair to say that those two will end up better then anything LucasArts announced recently.

I love how a majority of your arguments are based on games that are not even out yet, or are no longer in production as far as we know. Yes this stupid MMO is going to suck because I have never played it, but it's not what I wanted... BAAWWWWWW!!!!!!!

While I do agree that both Splinter Cell and Assassins Creed II look promising, you are retarded if you expect LA to produce as much high-budget games as Ubisoft in the same time-frame. Ubisoft is one of the largest 3rd party video game publishers, up there with EA, Activision, Disney and Square-Enix among others, and they have several developers working under them. Whereas LA might not even be in the top 20 publishers as far as size goes. Hell go take a look at the two companies over at Wikipedia, and look at the number of employees, Ubisoft 4,500+, LA 350+.

I'm not exactly thrilled with what LA has been doing the past few years either, but I don't expect them to churn out multiple high budget games yearly. So stop being childish and spouting irrational arguments because you don't get what you want.

Also Darrel Rodriguez took over as president of LA in April of 2008, so he's been there for hmm, about a year and a third. I doubt he had a large influence on the majority of games that LA has released while he's been on the job. The Force Unleashed for example was well underway already when he was made president. It's unfair and unreasonable to judge him so short into his appointment as president of LA.

Meh, shush you. Your the retarded one who wants a flame war.

Yes this stupid MMO is going to suck because I have never played it, but it's not what I wanted... BAAWWWWWW!!!!!!!

The stupid MMO is going to suck because it has no story, plot, or characters for that matter. Whatever BioWare said about it having a story is a lie which I refuse to believe. Whats even worse is that it takes place 300 years after K2 and all BioWare has done is ignore all the events that Obsidian put in K2. And I read all this on the site so don't be calling me a ignorant fool.

So stop being childish and spouting irrational arguments because you don't get what you want.

Irrational arguments? Your the one who put 7 exclamation marks in one sentence. And I know that people don't always get what they want, but whatever happened to ''personal opinions?'' Did everybody put a dictator government while I was gone?

I doubt he had a large influence on the majority of games that LA has released while he's been on the job. The Force Unleashed for example was well underway already when he was made president. It's unfair and unreasonable to judge him so short into his appointment as president of LA.

Um, does Clone Wars Republic Heroes, and Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings ring a bell to you? Both games will no doubt suck. And both games entered development time in 2008-2009.

The stupid MMO is going to suck because it has no story, plot, or characters for that matter. Whatever BioWare said about it having a story is a lie which I refuse to believe. Whats even worse is that it takes place 300 years after K2 and all BioWare has done is ignore all the events that Obsidian put in K2. And I read all this on the site so don't be calling me a ignorant fool.

(sigh)

Please, please do me a favor. Wait to say it'll stink after it comes out and you've tried it. >_< I'm not saying whether it'll be good or bad, but I'm really sick of people saying it'll be bad just because they wanted a KOTOR III instead of an MMO. Who knows, maybe they'll actually accomplish a story in an MMO. Maybe not. We can't know yet.

As far as the X-wing game, I've never played the old one, so I have no opinion on the latest announcement. ;)

I think he's the ''worst'' thing that's ever happened to LucasArts. Mediocre announcements (Oh, yay. We have some some games being released on steam which I highly think is not a big exciting announcement, and a big disappointing game that was out in 2008 being ported to the PC and Mac.)

I'm pretty sure you've never played those older classics, and as for el disappointo, PC gamers have been crying since it was announced for it to be released on PC. So LA decides to actually do a little something for PC gamers, and this is the response they get.

The stupid MMO is going to suck because it has no story, plot, or characters for that matter. Whatever BioWare said about it having a story is a lie which I refuse to believe.

Really, I remember they said KotOR had a story and that ended up real. Or maybe you just like to believe in things are acceptable to your narrow mind.

Assassin's Creed was originally announced as a trilogy, so AC2 hardly comes across as news. The same goes for Splinter Cell: Conviction. While we had no prior knowledge about it, it's still part of a rather fruitful series- wait a second, they didn't announce Conviction and AC2 in under 2 months. :/

Point invalid. Read my previous posts more carefully.

Um, does Clone Wars Republic Heroes, and Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings ring a bell to you? Both games will no doubt suck. And both games entered development time in 2008-2009.

Staff of Kings is already out and is surprisingly one of the best Indy games in recent years.

As far as the X-wing game, I've never played the old one, so I have no opinion on the latest announcement.

Go grab yourself DOSBox and copy LucasArts Archives vol. 4. (I mean right now :p)

Really, I remember they said KotOR had a story and that ended up real. Or maybe you just like to believe in things are acceptable to your narrow mind.

This is in invalid. KOTOR had a story because it was a single player RPG game. Not a MMO. I hate MMO's. Because they usual end up having no story or plot or character development for that matter. A perfect example would be EVE Online, World Of Warcraft, and Star Wars Galaxy. And I seriously doubt that this TOR will be revolutionary. And please people, spare me this play it before you judge bull********. At this point, I'm anti TOR, and will only give the 14 free trial a shot.

wait a second, they didn't announce Conviction and AC2 in under 2 months. :/

That's not the point. The point is, the announcement Ubisoft made at E3 this year was the only good one. You say that LucasArts announcements was awesome. Well, I beg to differ on this.

And your probably right about LucasArts announcing three things under 2 months. But none of them interested me or amazed me like it did everybody else.

This is in invalid. KOTOR had a story because it was a single player RPG game. Not a MMO. I hate MMO's. Because they usual end up having no story or plot or character development for that matter. A perfect example would be EVE Online, World Of Warcraft, and Star Wars Galaxy. And I seriously doubt that this TOR will be revolutionary. And please people, spare me this play it before you judge bull********. At this point, I'm anti TOR, and will only give the 14 free trial a shot.

Ah, so you're one of the it-hasn't-been-done-before-so-it-won't-be-done-ever types. So despite all the focus and attention BioWare has showered over how story is going to be an integral, and revolutionary aspect of the game, you choose to not believe them, because as you said, you hate MMOs. Grats.

That's not the point. The point is, the announcement Ubisoft made at E3 this year was the only good one. You say that LucasArts announcements was awesome. Well, I beg to differ on this.

What? That Assassin's Creed is getting a sequel? Something that people knew officially long before Assassin's Creed was released? Or that the well-delayed Conviction will be released this year? As opposed to the return of the goddamned Monkey Island franchise?

This is in invalid. KOTOR had a story because it was a single player RPG game. Not a MMO. I hate MMO's.

I understand your opinion and share it. But there are many gamers out there who do like MMOs and LA and Bioware devs are making TOR for them. I don't understand this mentality. Just because they're making a KOTOR MMO doesn't mean the franchise will never be continued otherwise. Every dog has his day, TOR will be Christmas for SWG players.

And your probably right about LucasArts announcing three things under 2 months. But none of them interested me or amazed me like it did everybody else.

It's like a dormant volcano suddenly erupting. Some people find it fascinating, some people don't like it at all.

Ah, so you're one of the it-hasn't-been-done-before-so-it-won't-be-done-ever types. So despite all the focus and attention BioWare has showered over how story is going to be an integral, and revolutionary aspect of the game, you choose to not believe them, because as you said, you hate MMOs. Grats.

They don't have the balls to have a proper crack at revolutionizing the system. To truly revolutionize you must take big risks and I guarantee they will not. Seriously though, how can they give a good story to all 10 million players of the game? I thought the trailer was awesome but it is not reflective at all of what the game will be. The graphics won't look anything like that and players will never experience a story like that portrayed in the trailer. Will every player who chooses to be a Sith get to wipe out the Jedi council? Of course not. You will not experience in the game anything like the trailer offers.

As opposed to the return of the goddamned Monkey Island franchise?
Have you read my previous post carefully? I said these exact words: ''I think the only good announcement they have made in the past 2 months is the Monkey Island one.''

They don't have the balls to have a proper crack at revolutionizing the system. To truly revolutionize you must take big risks and I guarantee they will not. Seriously though, how can they give a good story to all 10 million players of the game? I thought the trailer was awesome but it is not reflective at all of what the game will be. The graphics won't look anything like that and players will never experience a story like that portrayed in the trailer. Will every player who chooses to be a Sith get to wipe out the Jedi council? Of course not. You will not experience in the game anything like the trailer offers.

Actually, I rather hope that the game's story will be better than the trailer's. Let BioWare do what they're doing, if you're going to shoot them in theory, then you've already made up your mind that the game is bad- based on the few things BioWare has chosen fit to let us know.

Have you read my previous post carefully? I said these exact words: ''I think the only good announcement they have made in the past 2 months is the Monkey Island one.''

Then you're being subjective and ignoring a large bit of the LA fanbase that has been visibly elated by the addition of LA classics to Steam, or folks like me who're glad they'll play Force Unleashed on the PC like we always wanted, whether it was good or not. And I don't think any company has made a series of fan-pleasing decisions in under 2 months.

Actually, I rather hope that the game's story will be better than the trailer's. Let BioWare do what they're doing, if you're going to shoot them in theory, then you've already made up your mind that the game is bad- based on the few things BioWare has chosen fit to let us know.

Fine. I'm done with this TOR argument anyway.

Then you're being subjective and ignoring a large bit of the LA fanbase that has been visibly elated by the addition of LA classics to Steam, or folks like me who're glad they'll play Force Unleashed on the PC like we always wanted, whether it was good or not.
I already rented TFU for the 360 and didn't enjoy it. What makes you think that the ultimate edition will be better? Shouldn't it have been like that all this time? Seems like another cheap way to make money. As for Steam, I could care less. You could get their older games pretty much everywhere on the Web before the Steam announcement.

And I don't think any company has made a series of fan-pleasing decisions in under 2 months.

If that's what you think, then fine. I'm tired of this pointless argument.

Meh, shush you. Your the retarded one who wants a flame war.
Yes you're right my goal was only to start a flame war, not to point out that you were making baseless claims using your opinion as evidence.

The stupid MMO is going to suck because it has no story, plot, or characters for that matter.

No story, plot, or characters huh, while I do envy you for being lucky enough to already have played The Old Republic, I'm going to have to argue otherwise. While I cannot claim that TOR will have a great story, it is already quite evident that the developers have put a lot of thought into the story elements of the game. This is evidenced not only by their repeated claims as such in interviews, but also the current web comic, which is adding to the back story of the KotOR era. No plot, and no characters you say, again I refer to the web comic, there have been some characters introduced that have familiar back stories already.

Whatever BioWare said about it having a story is a lie which I refuse to believe. Whats even worse is that it takes place 300 years after K2 and all BioWare has done is ignore all the events that Obsidian put in K2. And I read all this on the site so don't be calling me a ignorant fool.
I have no reason to believe that what BioWare said about a focus on including story is a lie, you're being completely unreasonable to make that assertion when so little is known about the game. They have also already stated why they placed the game 300 years after the previous two. They wanted more freedom from the canon of those games in order to be able to create and shape the world as they see fit. Again, whether or not that will prove to be a good decision is yet to be seen. Also, I do not remember calling you ignorant.

Irrational arguments? Your the one who put 7 exclamation marks in one sentence. And I know that people don't always get what they want, but whatever happened to ''personal opinions?'' Did everybody put a dictator government while I was gone?
You've a right to your opinions, as I've a right to point out that your opinion was weakly supported by fact at best.

Once again, you refer to a game that has not been released yet. Will it suck? Maybe, but we don't know for sure. Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings was initially announced in 2005 as being designed for the 360 and PS3, and over the course of several hitches and delays in development it was at one point even rumored to be canceled. Hell it was eventually canceled, at least for the 360 and PS3, it's surprising the game even made it out to the Wii, PS2, DS and PSP in the garbled mess that it did. Surely you can't expect me to believe that was the fault of one man, whom assumed his role as president of LA 3 years after the game was already announced and had hit several development hitches.

I'm not telling you to play the game, at this point I don't want you to play the game. But you can't expect people to accept your opinion as fact when you haven't played the game. Also just because your aforementioned MMORPG's didn't have a substantial story, does not mean the same will apply for TOR.

None of their announcements amazed me either, but they did address concerns of other LA fans. The revival of Monkey Island, I can tell you right now that announcement made a lot of people here very happy. Releasing their classic games on Steam, again more fan service, same with TFU for PC, people were begging for that when TFU was initially released. Also, if they do eventually announce a revival of the X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter franchise and you are not pee-your-pants happy then you are ****ed in the head.

*insert srs bsns pic here*

not to point out that you were making baseless claims using your opinion as evidence.

At what point did I say that my opinion is facts or evidence?

No plot, and no characters you say, again I refer to the web comic, there have been some characters introduced that have familiar back stories already.

I don't think some of the stuff that the web comic introduced will actually make it into the game. Also, I do not like the idea of Satele Shan. But then again, I haven't read all of those yet so I can't say no more.

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings was initially announced in 2005 as being designed for the 360 and PS3, and over the course of several hitches and delays in development it was at one point even rumored to be canceled. Hell it was eventually canceled, at least for the 360 and PS3, it's surprising the game even made it out to the Wii, PS2, DS and PSP in the garbled mess that it did.

It would have been a lot better if it had been released on the 360 and PS3. They made a lot of talk about the game having great features, and improvements, but unfortunately, the final product didn't turn out as good as I hoped.

Also, if they do eventually announce a revival of the X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter franchise and you are not pee-your-pants happy then you are ****ed in the head.

This will sound pretty hard to believe, but I've never ever played a X-Wing or TIE fighter game. Ever.

At what point did I say that my opinion is facts or evidence?
You didn't, but in general opinions hold more weight when supported by fact, not baseless claims, would you not agree?

I don't think some of the stuff that the web comic introduced will actually make it into the game. Also, I do not like the idea of Satele Shan. But then again, I haven't read all of those yet so I can't say no more.
It's obvious that not everything in the comics will make it into the game, as the comic is supposed to be some sort of prologue is it not? Either way I would imagine that some of the characters will be present in both though. My point was that the mere fact that they're going through the trouble of having the web comic and using it to set up the background of the game world is evidence that they are heavily concerned and focused on including a story element to the game.

It would have been a lot better if it had been released on the 360 and PS3. They made a lot of talk about the game having great features, and improvements, but unfortunately, the final product didn't turn out as good as I hoped.
Well the great features and improvements that were talked about for Staff of Kings were most likely the Euphoria and DMM technologies. Yes, I too would have rather seen the game for either of those HD console platforms and PC, but that game was having development issues for years.

This will sound pretty hard to believe, but I've never ever played a X-Wing or TIE fighter game. Ever.
That's sad, TIE Fighter especially should be made mandatory, like summer reading in school...

Archived