Home

LucasArts to make World Exclusive Announcements™ at Comic-Con

Sabretooth

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The press release makes no mention of a PC or Mac version. Just 360 and PS3.

About Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition

Due to be released in retail stores this holiday season for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3, Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition combines the original Star Wars: The Force Unleashed videogame and three new levels to create the definitive ultimate-evil storyline of the events that occurred between the two classic Star Wars movie trilogies*.

http://www.lucasarts.com/company/release/news20090724.html

The press release makes no mention of a PC or Mac version. Just 360 and PS3.

About Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition

Due to be released in retail stores this holiday season for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3, Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition combines the original Star Wars: The Force Unleashed videogame and three new levels to create the definitive ultimate-evil storyline of the events that occurred between the two classic Star Wars movie trilogies*.

http://www.lucasarts.com/company/release/news20090724.html

I see your lucasarts.com, and I raise you a twitter from our friend, the overexcited-about-games-on-steam-LucasArts employee!

The Sith Edition which will be in stores has it's OWN extra level - this is on Hoth. Again, you fight familiar faces. PC, Mac, Ps3 and 360

http://twitter.com/lucasartsgames

(shrug) Okay, this is pretty good. If they'd done it for PC about eight months ago, people would've been happier, but at least it's there.

I personally want the Ultimate Sith thing to come out sooner rather than later. I was one of those people who really enjoyed TFU, so the more extra stuff, the better! :lol: And that trailer looks pretty cool.

Now I have to go get the previous DLC stuff, which I never got around to downloading...

I was expecting a new game, not a port
Technically they haven't actually announced any ports yet, just some new DLC and a rehashed version with the 2 DLC levels bundled in for the 360 and PS3. Neither the official press release nor the trailer specify a PC version.

Speaking of the trailer, Game Trailers has a higher res version - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-09-star-wars/53016

The Force Unleashed Announced for PC

Um... that's nice?

I whined for a while, moved on, ended up buying a 360, played that version of the game, had fun. It was a somewhat enjoyable but overall disappointing experience.

I do not care about this announcement, which makes me very glad that I had no expectations coming into this.

That's the last time I look forward to a LucasArts announcement.
They all say that. Every time LA announces a world exclusive, people get excited. For all the stupid things LA has done, people still fall into their trap. :p

This doesn't redeem LA, since, yeah, it's a little bit too late, and it's not really a world-exclusive. But I've always wanted to play the game, and now it seems I'll get the chance to.

Technically they haven't actually announced any ports yet, just some new DLC and a rehashed version with the 2 DLC levels bundled in for the 360 and PS3. Neither the official press release nor the trailer specify a PC version.

Speaking of the trailer, Game Trailers has a higher res version - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-09-star-wars/53016

It's official -- the Secret Apprentice is back, and he's coming to the PC. At the Comic-Con Star Wars Spectacular panel, LucasArts confirmed the rumored Star Wars: The Force Unleashed downloadable content, which had been earlier spoiled by the appearance of achievements online. But they also revealed that it would be repackaged as the "Ultimate Sith Edition" and ported to PC.

The Ultimate Sith Edition will contain three extra missions. The first is the Jedi Temple downloadable content, which appeared late last year. The second will also be released on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and will take Starkiller to Tatooine. There he will explore Jabba's palace and face off with Boba Fett.

The third mission is exclusive to the Ultimate Sith Edition. It pits Starkiller against Luke Skywalker, and allows him to explore Echo Base on Hoth, where he is expected to "crush the (the insignificant) Rebellion once and for all."

Additional content includes new costumes, as well as new character models for Luke Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Count Dooku, Jango Fett and C-3PO.

No word on pricing yet or release date yet. The Ultimate Sith Edition will be available on PC and Mac this winter. In the meantime, check out our complete recap for more information from the Star Wars Spectacular.

From 1UP.com article here: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175306

Sheesh you people are giving LA too much of a hard time.

Let's see- they start by bringing back Monkey Island in Tales, and then an SE of a truly classic game. Then they release some truly legendary old video games on Steam, making them infinitely accessible. And now they announce TFU for the PC. What other game company done as much awesome stuff in under 2 months?

^ Valve. Nintendo. I'm sure EA has at one time (they own half the industry anyway). Every studio has their moments in time.

But honestly, all those re-released classics (by which I mean most of them) can be played as DOSbox abandonware for free, so there isn't anything novel there.

Monkey Island is something LA fans have been griping about for most of the decade to the point where "Monkey Island 5" was a term synonymous with "when pigs fly".

And the Force Unleashed is a 7/10 game. DLC, a pc port? It was an ok game, but that isn't exactly exciting news.

But honestly, all those re-released classics (by which I mean most of them) can be played as DOSbox abandonware for free, so there isn't anything novel there.

First of all, DOSBox has nothing to do with abandonware.

Second, abandonware isn't a legal concept.

Third, this is the first time in about 5 years that LEC has even acknowledged that these games existed.

Sheesh you people are giving LA too much of a hard time.
I agree that they are doing more now than they have the past few years, but I stand by my right to be disappointed in a lack of X-Wing and TIE Fighter.

Archived