Home

New Tomb Raider game

Endorenna

There were some concepts and documentation for the new game that got leaked recently. Seems they are going the universe reboot route that is all the rage these days. There were various cease & desist/takedown orders issued by Eidos, but this site still has the pics and info -

http://www.totalvideogames.com/New-Tomb-Raider-Game-Unannounced/news/Concept-Art-Details-Leaked-Of-New-Tomb-Raider-Game-14355.html

I hope that leaked concept art is either fake or rejected. I think it looks terrible, and I don't want the TR formula to completely change. I have enjoyed the previous 3 games in the series and only think they need some changes and fixes. My biggest complaints are mostly bug-related, if they spent more time on this I think Lara would control much better in certain situations and it'd just be a lot less frustrating. That said, I'd rather get another game like the past 3 than a game based on this concept art. It's probably unfair to condemn the game this early but Lara doesn't even look like herself.

There were some concepts and documentation for the new game that got leaked recently. Seems they are going the universe reboot route that is all the rage these days. There were various cease & desist/takedown orders issued by Eidos, but this site still has the pics and info -

http://www.totalvideogames.com/New-Tomb-Raider-Game-Unannounced/news/Concept-Art-Details-Leaked-Of-New-Tomb-Raider-Game-14355.html

I get reminded of Farcry for some reason when reading that description. Probably the whole "getting stranded on remote tropical island having to fight mutants" theme. :)

However it turns out I hope they include some kind of casual/training level (like the Mansion in some of the older games). It was sorely missing in TR:Underworld. It was very handy to learn the controls and timing so you won't have to die 10 times within the first 5 minutes of gameplay (which isn't very fun).

Meh. I don't like the thought of Lara with her hair down (see concept art). Just doesn't seem...Lara-ish. :/

Melee combat? Okay, I'll go with that, though it'll probably make me return to Tomb Raider: Legend and TFU a lot. (Legend, because there are guns, and TFU because there's melee mixed with Force)

But that main thing is a good plot. The first thing that attracted me to Tomb Raider in the first place was the excellent storyline in TR:U. Heck, a friend of mine (who's very critical about stories after getting her major in commercial writing) absolutely loves Tomb Raider now...even though she's never played any of the games. All it took was showing her the cutscenes from Anniversary/Legend/Underworld.

I was hoping for a sequel to Underworld featuring the return of the Doppleganger, but I guess that ain't happenin'. :lol:

What Jeff said, except I think the only thing they need to improve on is the combat, which really needs some serious work. And like stoffe said, they better damn well have Lara's mansion in the next one, I really missed it alot.

I've heard they're including gunblades, spiky hairs and nihillistic villains on this one. Probably a side-effect from Square Enix buying Eidos.

There better damn well not be. :carms:

There better damn well not be. :carms:

QFT

As far as the mansion goes, I played Underworld first, so I don't really care about it being there or not. I enjoyed playing with the mansion in Legend and Anniversary, though.

I really hope they don't go and put a bunch of blood/gore/sex in it. That seems to be the popular thing to do now... (scowl)

Archived