Home

Star Wars: Second Legacy

Tysyacha

(It was part of Vader's original fleet. An antique if you will. And I'm introducing this storyline by myself, though you guys can feel free to join in. Maybe your character is a friend of the abducted Jedi?)

The Compeer brought out a holo and flicked it on. A young woman appeared, she was bound in Molten Carbonite.

"I am serious. Call whoever is in charge now!"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Master Bruis was intrigued, to say the least. "What kind of services? The last time I checked, Mandalorians were bounty hunters. Unfortunately for you, if you are a bounty hunter, we have placed a price on no one's head." He smiled wryly, the way a cantina waiter would if you had handed him a credcard that was ten units too short. "We're Jedi. We don't do that."

He gestured toward the interior of the Temple. "Why don't you come inside? We can offer you some caf or other refreshments if you'd like."

"Why don't you come inside? We can offer you some caf or other refreshments if you'd like."

Vek cocked his head to the right. He didn't like this, going into the temple, hundreds...thousands of Jedi in-between the exit and himself.

Of course, he'd had worse odds before, but odds never matter. Not to a Mandalorian.

"So be it."

He immediately disliked Master Bruis, for a Jedi, the way he was acting was more like a Coruscanti Mob Leader. They obviously didn't like having unexpected company like Vek.

"I agree." She followed her Master toward his private office in the Temple, which was far away from Masters Bruis and Dray--and their Mandalorian guest. As far as Chetyra was concerned, she hadn't even seen the newcomer, and truth be told, if she would have seen him, she would have been more than a little bit alarmed. Boba Fett may have trained Jaina Solo in the finer points of wiping the floor with her Sith Lord brother, but as far as the young Padawan was concerned, all bets were off when it came to Mando'a. They intimidated her, not least because they mistrusted the aruetiise, and more specifically the jetiise. As she walked toward the west wing of the Temple, she made a decision about her next step.

"Before we go anywhere, Master Thek," she replied meekly, "I'd like to visit Leia Organa Solo tonight. I want to offer her my sympathies, and tell her that if there's anything I can do to help her get reinstated, I'll do it." She almost added or find her brother, but quickly decided against it. Going after Luke meant a hard line from Admiral Daala--and hard labor, possibly.

((Let Chetyra visit Leia. That'll stir things up, and let someone infiltrate...))

(I can work around that)

Fortunately for her, Arren was a Jedi Knight, and only had the Council to answer to, and she wasn't on good terms with them anyway, so she decided to go to Rolan in Chetyra's place. Arriving at Docking Bay 94, Rolan said, "Where's your friend? I was expecting her." Clearly he wasn't impressed. "I don't know. Maybe she thought it was a bad idea. Fortunately for you, I agree with her about this whole rotten business, but I'm more experience and level headed." Arren explained. "Experienced in more ways than one. Who's the kid?" Rolan inquired, noticing that Arren had a small child with her. "My son Alkonium. Is that a problem?" Arren asked in response. "No, just get on board." Rolan replied, slightly annoyed.

To understand Kal's past would be like trying to read a book in a language that's never been heard of. The truth is Kal's past is a mystery and no ones sure where he came from. One day he wasn't there and the next day he was. Kal was a nomad, always moving around never in one spot. He doesn't know why he moves around, its almost like its embeded in his soul. What he does know is that he must help others as it is the honorable thing to do. Its that same sense of honor that Kal follows that gave him respect from and for the Mandalorians. Its from the Mandalorians that Kal was given his name. He knows various fighting styles from the places he has been to and has always been skilled with a blade. His armor is just as mysterious as him. Its mainly orange and blue with gray touches on the helmet and arms. In the center of the helmet is a small red visor no bigger than an eye. He carries a katana like vibrosword as his weapon of choice. Its been modified to the point where it can not only counter a lightsaber but block a blaster shot. This is all that is known about Kal's past, his present however is a different story. Kal moved through the streets of Coruscant. For some reason something felt right here. He continued through the streets looking out for anything that stuck out as odd. While it wasn't exactly what he was looking for he indeed found something different. An armored man moved through the streets no more than a few feet in front of him. Within seconds Kal knew the man was a Mandalorian. He followed the man until the Mando stopped at the steps of the Jedi Temple. Kal had respect for the jedi, they were noble warriors who were always doing their best to help out. However he had no buisness with the jedi and would be considered an intruder. There was something inside the temple that drew Kal to it, or perhaps someone. With that in mind Kal walked up to the steps and noticed the Mandalorian conversing with two Jedi. He bowed to all three of them and then kept his head down.

"My appologies to disturb three great warriors, my name is Kal. I felt a connection to this place and wanted to know where it was coming from. It would be a honor if I could be in the same place where noble warriors give their lives for others."

"I'd like to visit Leia Organa Solo tonight. I want to offer her my sympathies, and tell her that if there's anything I can do to help her get reinstated, I'll do it."

Ghel smiled. His padawan may not have been the wisest of jedi, but her heart was in the right place.

"You may, padawan." he said. "But as soon as your done, I want you to pack your things."

Through their force bond, he sent her a quick message.

We're going after Master Skywalker.

Loud and clear. Padawan Vek returned the message. I'm with you.

She departed the Temple as quietly and unobtrusively as possible, not wanting to draw any undue attention to herself. As she exited, a few of her fellow students wanted to know about the near-duel with Master Bruis, but Chetyra only smiled and shrugged and told them she'd eventually declined. A few of them were disappointed, but most said she had done the right thing.

After hailing a small airspeeder for a nominal fare of ten credits, she found her way to a nondescript apartment in the middle of an equally-nondescript high-rise complex. Even though Jedi were some of the most powerful beings in the galaxy, they frowned upon ostentation and conspicuous displays of wealth and power. Modesty and moderation were the Jedi way, and besides, the sheer blandness of the surroundings would help to protect the former Master Leia Organa Solo from the eyes of bounty hunters or assassins.

When Chetyra knocked on the door of Unit 7B, the voice of a security droid commanded: "Identify yourself." It was standard protocol for any visitors.

"Chetyra Setareh Vek, Jedi Padawan. I've come to see Master Organa Solo."

"Come in," replied the droid matter-of-factly, and another presence opened the door. It was a woman, roughly forty to forty-five years old, who had not yet lost the beauty of her younger days. Her silver hair--silver, not gray--was swept up on top of her head in a stately twist. She smiled at Chetyra.

"My name is Loru Tsana. We've met earlier today. Please, sit down." Once the Padawan had done so, she continued, "I'm Mistress Leia's assistant and bodyguard. One moment--I think she might be in her quarters, meditating."

Tsana retreated toward the rear of the apartment, and when she returned, Luke Skywalker's illustrious sister stood by her side. "Padawan Vek?" she asked. "Were you the one that challenged Master Bruis to a duel today?"

"I was," replied the girl sheepishly, lowering her eyes. "I did that because I didn't want you demoted, Master. The Council had no right to revoke your rank, or your leadership role within the Order. The vote may have been seven to five, but I suspect Master Bruis had more to do with swaying the other members' votes than he's letting on. That's really why I challenged him."

"Indeed?" Leia shook her head sadly. "I'm sorry that you felt it had to come to that. Combat, in the eyes of the Jedi Order, is a tool, not a weapon."

Chetyra cringed. "I know, and I apologize. I surrendered before it began."

"Smart move." A smile played at the corners of her lips. "Now, then. Why have you come to see me? If you're offering caf and sympathy, I'll take it."

Loru Tsana withdrew to her chambers. Something felt odd about Chetyra...

"My appologies to disturb three great warriors, my name is Kal. I felt a connection to this place and wanted to know where it was coming from. It would be a honor if I could be in the same place where noble warriors give their lives for others."

The statement seemed strange at first, coming from another Jedi. They just seemed to be flocking here.

But there was something...strangely familiar, or a better word being friendly, from this Jedi. He didn't seem like the rest of the aruetiise. Vek decided to acknowledge him with a Mandalorian greeting.

"Su'cuy gar."

Korran dropped out of hyperspace above Coruscant. He commed the spaceport near the senate building, and they came back with some osik about Mandalorians needing special clearance.

"Special clearance my shebs!" he shouted as he shut off the comm. "I'm getting down there whether they like it or not."

Korran activated his engines and sped past cargo ships and comm stations as he neared the planets atmosphere.

I guess this clearance garbage doesn't apply to the Mando'ade on the surface, he thought,

As he neared the lower atmosphere a pair of Coruscant Security Force fighters pulled along side his ship. He had pieced his starfighter together from all kinds of spare parts, and it was one of the fastest ships in the sector. But that didn't exactly give him an edge over the CSF starfighters.

"Halt your engines and remain where you are!" The pilot on the right broadcasted into his comm.

"You first!" Korran said back as he gunned his engine and sped ahead of the CSF fighters. They obviously weren't expecting his bucket of bolts to do that, but they got over their shock and gave chase.

I was wondering when the fun would start!

Rolan's ship, the Silver Eagle took off from the Temple hangar, with its two new passengers, though it wasn't exactly welcome there to begin with.

"How exactly can you help exonerate Master Skywalker?" Arren asked Rolan, sitting in the cockpit's passenger seat.

"Exonerate Luke Skywalker? Impossible, at least with Daala in charge. He was knowingly punished for someone else's crimes." Rolan replied. "The only way to get him back is to get rid of Daala."

"Why do you care, exactly?" Arren inquired, finding it odd that a smuggler would care so much about the Jedi.

"The Galactic Alliance is not too inclined to crack down on smugglers like me, but with Daala in office, that could change. We both have something to gain from eliminating her." Rolan explained.

"I am not killing anyone, not even a schutta like her." Arren retorted.

"I didn't say anything about killing. What I meant by eliminate was to get her removed from office." Rolan clarified.

Two Jedi approached the Exchange Compeer.

"What do you know about our Jedi?"

Jalok Betra smiled. "I happen to have her in my possession."

"What do you want for her?"

"You have somebody who owes me. His name is Rolan Shain."

Jalok pushed a button on his comlink.

"Terminate the Jedi after 24 hours unless I say otherwise."

He pushed the same button again, only this time with a grin.

"Clock's ticking Jedi."

(criminy, is this what happens when I dissapear for a few days?)

Sam'kil had decided that Master Leia needed some consoling, she'd barely been holding it together when he saw her.

To heck with the councils decision, I'll still call her a master.

Sam'kil rented a speeder and asked to go the the area of Leia and Han's house. The guards let him in after he told them he was a Jedi, and then it was a quick ride up the elevator.

Leia's personal assistant was looking distraught, like she'd seen a ghost or something. He bypassed her, she was probably as depressed as Leia.

"Leia, it's me Sam'kil." He said into the intercom.

The CSF fighters continued to gain on Korran as he neared the Coruscant cityscape. As they began to build speed, he suddenly made a sharp turn past a Correllian Corvette and between two skyscrapers. The CSF fighters were going to fast to make the turn, and one almost crashed when he tried.

I think I might have lost them, Korran thought to himself, Too bad, I was having fun...

It didn't matter now. He had a meeting that he didn't intend to miss. He hoped Master Organa Solo wouldn't be mad when he was late...

Master Bruis felt his temples throb. Too much chaos, too many people...

"Enough!" he cried, stamping his foot in cantankerous indignation. "What in the Force is going on? Other than the Mandalorian, who are all these other people that have suddenly invaded the sacred space of our Temple? Just because I demote one of our greatest Masters, the entire galaxy suddenly finds itself on our doorstep?! If you want to help the Jedi, I am sorry to inform you that no Sith threat has yet raised its ugly head. Darth Caedus and his followers have been defeated, and they're going to stay that way in the near future. As for bounty hunting, we do not participate in that foul practice, and as for dealing with crime, we leave that to Coruscanti police. Unless you can give me information or intelligence on new threats, begone!"

"So what's your next move?" asked the former Master Leia Organa Solo.

"I'm going to find Luke," said Chetyra quickly. "Grand Master Skywalker."

"Do you know what that means, Padawan? If Admiral Daala catches you..."

"She won't. I'll be traveling with my own Master, Gel Thek. I'll be safe."

Leia shook her head. "You'd better be careful. Even I..." She paused for a minute. "Even I want to try and find my brother and nephew, but if I do, you can bet that a whole fleet of Galactic Alliance ships will be trying to track me down. I've had enough of being arrested, imprisoned, and tortured. My son did his work well. He was not a bad leader. He was a fantastic one. His only flaw was that he turned to the Dark Side, embracing evil over good." A tear threatened to fall down Leia's right cheek, but she brushed it away.

Chetyra paused for a minute. "Mistress Organa Solo, do you ever...?"

She raised her silvery head. "Say what you must. Don't leave it hanging."

"Do you ever regret that you were Jacen's mother?" The Padawan cringed.

Leia did not bat an eyelash. She simply smiled and nodded. "Every single day."

She heard a sudden beep over the intercom. "I'm sorry," she said to Chetyra. "Enter!"

Jalok Betra smiled after the outburst of the Jedi Master.

"Jedi Master, are you aware of any 'missing' Jedi lately? I have in my possession a Jedi of yours. I require something else in exchange."

He brought out a comlink, flipped it on. It revealed a man.

"Rolan Shain. Send him to my office in Nar Shaadaa, or the Jedi will pay the consequences."

Jalok threw a comlink at the Jedi Master.

"Proof of your missing Jedi's capture."

Master Bruis shivered. Here he was, honestly believing that none of the new arrivals at the Temple constituted a genuine threat! So much for first impressions and basic assumptions. He should have known better. As it stood, one of the Jedi had indeed been captured, and now this--menace--was holding her for ransom as a prisoner! He stared down the visitor icily.

"Have you ever played dejarik, sir?" he asked. Then he shook his head. "I didn't think so. You're not smart enough." He flicked on the comlink and heard the last plaintive interjections of a student that--wait--was that Rianna? One of his own Padawans, who had just been promoted to a Knight? Indeed...

Continuing his lecture, he said, "We Jedi do not negotiate with terrorists. Neither do we sacrifice our own as pawns for some highly unworthy cause. I have good reason to suspect that if I did send Rolan Shain to your office, I would never see him or my student, Knight Rianna Tabris, ever again. You think it is the Jedi who will pay the consequences? You are wrong. It is you."

Sam'kil entered the room.

"Oh, you have a guest, I am so sorry. If I should come back at another time..." He said, but Leia shook her head.

He fully entered the room and sat down, across from Leia and Chetyra.

"That was a pretty bold move there, Chetyra. Bravo, I must say, I wish you had continued. I'm probably not the only one who agrees that Bruis needs a good talking to." He began. "But, I'm glad you stopped, too. With our recent luck, we'd have some reporter who'd be there to catch the fight."

Jalok Betra, Exchange Compeer grinned. He then threw another comlink to the Jedi Master, this time containing a clock.

"You have 24 hours, Jedi Master."

He then brought out a detonator from his pocket.

"My minions have taken the pleasure of planting bombs all around the temple amidst all the distraction. Now, If I don't detonate this, someone else will. I have instructed somebody to detonate all charges in the Temple if I do not get out of the temple in 5 minutes. Now, farewell master and remember, the clock is ticking."

Jalok laughed as he began to walk to the exit, his two guards clearing the way.

As Korran neared the Jedi Temple, he was commed by his contact:

"If I comm you again, you'll know what to do..." Jalok Betra said with a slimy grin obvious in his voice. Betra had hired him to do a job, to press a button of all things. And he had payed him more than enough to do it.

"I don't even know what this kriffing thing does, "Korran said as he held the device in from of his T-visor, "Eh, what the frack, I'm getting half a million creds for it."

Korran removed his helmet and clipped it to his belt as he entered the temple. It just wasn't the same as it was before the Yuuzhan Vong War. Just thinking about it made him want to halve one of those crab-boys.

"Ah well, "he sighed, "changes happen."

Archived