Home

J7's random tinkerings thread... (56k beware!)

jonathan7

Bump! :lol:

Redrob recently passed along his own work on the Juhani reskins and so I started to adjust my own skin to fit with all the differant head options.

Here's how things look for the Cheetah&Siberian look on Juhani.

Though I still need to fix a few messy oversights on my part, there a few small faults I need to work out.

But that didn't stop me, to do some nice renders in Max :p

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

rend001.jpg

rend002.jpg

rend003.jpg

rend004.jpg

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Boink,

Smallish update!

yeah, an armour texture that matches the style of material and level of detail that Q put into the helmet would look awesome!

You asked, so I try to deliver :lol:

Here's a first peek on what I've got so far.

banddrag001.jpg

banddrag0021.jpg

There's still a ton of work to be done: boots, trousers, rest of the arms.

Tweaking the other bits, etc, etc, etc... Man, I've forgotten how much time this takes :lol:

Really awesome. I like the white :D

On another note I'm putting the finishing touches on a new merchant in the Jedi Enclave that you can get the new goodies from (I'm not sure which ones though). He a Quarren Jedi, the skin that j7 made and will be voiced using the Quarren voice files.

Glad to see you got that merchant worked out Dak! I was about to leap on that, thankfully I can focus on other things....

I have spawned some Assassins per J7's request, and have them currently spawning in the hallway between Revan's quarters and the door that leads to the fighting portion of the Endar Spire. They spawn in the same way as the Sith Stalker... I am thinking I need to load a save of TSL to watch the Sith Assassins spawn in, perhaps on Dxun, to see if I can tweak their spawning to match TSL's version more closely.

Anyone know of a YouTube link of the Assassin ambush on Dxun? That would save me the trouble of installing the game ATM for that one need.

Also, J7, I am not sure if I am spawning the correct look for the assassins; I am going with n_sithass01.tga as the skin for the .utc I made... Perhaps you have made a .utc for the character? If so, it is probably a newer version (as you constantly improve your work :) ), maybe you could email that to me?

@Q - Holy balls man! That armor is fantastic as is, and I know you will tweak it and finish it, with trousers and sleeves and what-not... but per usual, quite incredible :D

Bump! :lol:

Redrob recently passed along his own work on the Juhani reskins and so I started to adjust my own skin to fit with all the differant head options.

Here's how things look for the Cheetah&Siberian look on Juhani.

Though I still need to fix a few messy oversights on my part, there a few small faults I need to work out.

But that didn't stop me, to do some nice renders in Max :p

[snip]

That Siberian skin for Juhani is made of pure win. It is unfortunate I haven't been able to see the uniform made to match your helmet. I'll have to wait a while before I can see that picture, I guess.

Here you go, sir Qui-Gon (Fast-forward to 6:20):

And I did manage to get the merchant all done, we'll just have to wait and see what boss man j7 thinks :raise:

Thank you for the link! It seems watching it that there is nothing special going on other than perhaps a little more of a blu-ish tint added to the effect... it is just the regular "uncloaking" effect, which pretty much looks the same in both games and in the mod scene. Well good :D

As to the merchant, an idea that you may have thought of:

Tiers of dialog with checks on PC level (via conditional script) to open up some special items that may only be available to a strong charisma/persuade ability and/or simply coming back after any one different planet is complete. Not hard to implement, makes the dialog potentially interesting if you wanna tell any small story, and is an enhancement to the vendor. Dantooine's Suvam Tan if you will, but with a lightsaber and no pazaak deck. Just a thought!

That Siberian skin for Juhani is made of pure win. It is unfortunate I haven't been able to see the uniform made to match your helmet. I'll have to wait a while before I can see that picture, I guess.

Dang, sorry man, I forget you're back out there! Plus I also got your PM.

I'll do some smaller renders and dump'em in a e-mail, like that you'll be able to enjoy this stuff aswell :lol:

@Q - Holy balls man! That armor is fantastic as is, and I know you will tweak it and finish it, with trousers and sleeves and what-not... but per usual, quite incredible :D

Thanks! Glad you like the look ^_^

Here's 2 more quick and dirty shots of the thing. This time I finished of the boots and gave the suit some gloves. All that's left is the belt. After that I'll call it done and done... besides some extra renders ofcourse! :)

banddrag034.jpg

banddrag033.jpg

Insane stuff here. I just wish I had a working PC to play a moddable KotOR on. *sobs quietly for Mac users*

It's inspiring to come back here after so long and see so much epic progress in this thread.

jonathan7 and Quanon, I salute you heartily.

You may want to change the neck's skin color so it looks like the rest of the armor's material. As it is, it looks like no matter your PC head your pale skinned. But otherwise it looks amazing.

Oh, don't worry, that's a small fault on my part. I've used an older Max file when I imported the head to the file of the body. The neck is fixed in the game ;)

It has the same fibre cloth texture as used on the helmet and armour.

Throw in a few stat boosts to make him challenging and compatibility with WOTOR and this will be one of the best (possibly "the" given the texture and model originality) Bandon reskins out there.

I'm not sure if J7 plans on using this to replace Bandon himself. If I'm correct this will just be a "Disguise" item. Ofcourse J7 might change his mind on this :lol:

*learns to mod the Mac version of KotOR desparately*

That's some of the best work I've seen on one of KotOR's UV maps.

Not to mention dat helmet. :golfclap:

Well, I just couldn't help myself, had to do yet another render, though this time the full deal! Setting up a scene and all, rendering out lights and whatnot. Then messing a bit in Photoshop and stuff :lol:

Here's the result after 3 hours.

bandvsquartex.jpg

Well, I just couldn't help myself, had to do yet another render, though this time the full deal! Setting up a scene and all, rendering out lights and whatnot. Then messing a bit in Photoshop and stuff :lol:

Here's the result after 3 hours.

Is that Quarren skin something that might be released?

Also, even if it isn't put in as a Bandon replacement, I'm going to edit it for personal use to be one. That, combined with a bit of mucking about w/ boosting stats, might let me actually take him seriously. For some reason he looked and felt like a joke in vanilla KOTOR, though maybe that's just me.

Also, even if it isn't put in as a Bandon replacement, I'm going to edit it for personal use to be one. That, combined with a bit of mucking about w/ boosting stats, might let me actually take him seriously. For some reason he looked and felt like a joke in vanilla KOTOR, though maybe that's just me.

It was released a while ago. :p Looks like some good rendering, Quanon. :thmbup1:

It's not just you. I felt that Bandon was not given the amount of screentime he was supposed to.

Archived