Home

K1 or K2 weapons and armor overhaul

BryanWee20

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thks, its was a model i made as a base to work off for holdout pistols.

umm.. the Sith assassin pistol is a holdout blaster type isn't it?

here's a small preview of another mod I'm working on at the same time :)

Added a backpack and twin blasters to the armor. Still a bit of clipping with the pistols though. Its supposed to be my version of what a republic commando would look like during the kotor period.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

picture.php?albumid=424&pictureid=4438

picture.php?albumid=424&pictureid=4439

picture.php?albumid=424&pictureid=4437

picture.php?albumid=424&pictureid=4446

picture.php?albumid=424&pictureid=4445

picture.php?albumid=424&pictureid=4447

picture.php?albumid=424&pictureid=4448

rate it from a range of 1-10. if its below 5 pls tell me why or what should be improved on kay? ;)

Sorry for the above sidetrack.. Here's a new model i did. It hasn't had any textures applied to it yet but i wanted to know what you guys think. beats having to deal with model not meeting people's expectations. :lol:

Show spoiler

picture.php?albumid=417&pictureid=4450

here's a small preview of another mod I'm working on at the same time :)

Added a backpack and twin blasters to the armor. Still a bit of clipping with the pistols though. Its supposed to be my version of what a republic commando would look like during the kotor period.

Show spoiler

picture.php?albumid=424&pictureid=4438

picture.php?albumid=424&pictureid=4439

picture.php?albumid=424&pictureid=4437

picture.php?albumid=424&pictureid=4446

picture.php?albumid=424&pictureid=4445

picture.php?albumid=424&pictureid=4447

picture.php?albumid=424&pictureid=4448

rate it from a range of 1-10. if its below 5 pls tell me why or what should be improved on kay? ;)

Its pretty good, the only thing I can really think of for improvement is add an alpha channel to the helmet. If there is one, I don't notice it.

@ mird'ika: Thanks nervode :)

@ Trigger: uh.. well i kinda had to turn the helmet into a head model..so no shiny-shiny for the helmet i'm afraid :(.. unless someone can suggest another way that doesn't involve replacing an armor type.. i have to go with the ol' disguse routine

On the armour, you might want to move the Republic symbol across so it joins in the middle. At the moment it's bisected. Not sure if that's actually doable on the particular texture set - I haven't looked at them in a while.

Another thing which needs some work is the front of the helmet. At present it's a little too monochrome. Also, the armour could be a bit... grubbier, too. At present it looks rather new, IMO. I'm also not terribly keen on the box on the back, either. It looks rather awkward to carry, given its shape.

Are you certain you can't apply a shader to the helmet since it's a head? If not, I'd say you should certainly consider making it look less monochrome - maybe have it more battered/worn, with perhaps some scrapes of grey metal showing through the yellow paint, for example.

For the front panel of the helmet, you might also be able to get away with darkening the edges and giving the impression of a face underneath, possibly but putting one in and overlaying the top panel with a fairly low transparency, so only a little can be seen.

There's also a bit of a question of practicality. That armour... would stick out quite a lot. That said, so does the default Republic "armour", so that's not much cop as a critique. Overall, the basics of what you have are good, but the execution could do with some tightening up, IMO. I'm quite a harsh critic, so I'd give 6.5/10.

no prob dude.. i figured someone would notice it too..

like i said in my previous post i need a second opinion. :)

any ideas what to add on or improve on is totally welcomed.

Hey guys, i wanna see what you gotta say for this one.

Heavy repeaters:

Show spoiler

normal repeater

picture.php?albumid=417&pictureid=4479

Mando repeater

picture.php?albumid=417&pictureid=4478

original model

picture.php?albumid=417&pictureid=4307

@B_W:

I like the gun, but I have an opinion on a couple of things.

1) I think the gun is just a tad bit too big. FWIW, I think the default heavy repeaters are too big too :)

2) I don't think the heavy repeaters should have a stock. Just seems counter intuitive.

My 2 cents, FWIW.

@ achilles: "counter intuitive." what do you mean by that?

Thanks for the tips on what to improve on :)

Its kinda late though seeing that I've already submitted the files two days

ago.. :lol:

"counter intuitive" = who is going to anchor a heavy repeater against their shoulder to improve accuracy? You don't see them on Gatling guns.

But as you said, it does not matter now.

ohh.. i see.

well if the repeater was supposed to be like a gatling gun i do have to say that its held the wrong way.. not like the ones in the cg series of clone wars. guess i was trying to make it fit in with the current pose, besides I got the idea from a SAW which was basically held in that manner and served as a fireteam's heavy weapon.

Maybe I'll whack in another set of gatling typed models for a newer version of it, that way i can scale down the current MG version to be used for the light repeating blasters rifles that the default mandalore is equipped in when you set of to that palace place thinige

hey Achilles, you think this would be a good model to use for the heavy repeaters? I mean i could ask marius to take off the model i sent in.

Show spoiler

picture.php?albumid=417&pictureid=4517

Maybe instead of a stock, you could add some sort of power-pack looking thing on the end?

Also, have you thought about using any of the table top materials as inspiration? If you're not sure where to lay your hands on some, PM me with your email addy and I'll see what I can do to help.

Bryan why you can't put the helmlet as a hemlet? because the head is too big? xD if it's that there's a solution:you make the helmlet disguise the character into a appearence profile without head, or with a small thing at the place of the head, or you make the armor.

And i'm pretty sure you can put some shyne into the helm even if that's a head model, i have already seen character models with baremetal, theres Full body characters, like malak or the mandalorians, but i'm sure it can be done with a head model, have you try to put a txi?

Archived