Home

Mass Effect: Pinnacle Station

Taak Farst

New DLC!

Test your combat prowess aboard a top-secret Alliance space station. Do you have what it takes to hold the top spot amongst the best of the best? This module includes a new space station, 13 exciting combat scenarios, and 2-3 hours of game play.

It looks and sounds alright, but it costs :( (I know it costs for xbox anyway but it costs for PC too :(

It's also included with a new patch which fixes critical bugs, which can be downloaded seperately :)

Thoughts?

It's a piece of ****, honestly. At first, I was pretty excited and the ads insinuated a "coliseum," or arena-esque DLC. Boy, was the image in my head completely wrong. It has no story or RPG elements whatsoever, lasts probably 1-2 hours; and is EXTREMELY boring.

There are only 4 (maybe 5), environments, that we've already seen a thousand times over in the main game, but these versions, are further gutted and are extremely bland and simplistic forms of their predecessors. The 4 combat modes are boring and repetitive, probably the worst 1-2 hour gaming experience I have ever had.

In conclusion, I felt that my 6 dollars went to waste. I believe one comment someone on another forum spouted out explained the awful quality of this DLC, "It must have been made by the interns."

Download the patch and forget about the DLC...unless you just enjoy shooting anything that moves for what seems like an unending period of time ( I just stopped shooting so that I would see the end earlier )... There is no role-play or whatever else involved at all. I sincerely hope that this is not a prelude to the so-called "improvements" in ME 2....

It would be nice if Bioware could come up with some new ideas instead of simply rehashing the same thing every game. The whole arena/coliseum thing was already done to death in K1 and Jade Empire. And on top of that they want you to pay extra for it? Pffff.

It's not even an arena or coliseum.

Edit: An arena would have actually been 20x better that the stupid simulation; I'd have actually liked some sort of gambling, scum pit; on some planet where illicit activities are the norm. Hopefully, in ME2, that omega planet will have some sort of arena-esque area.

I know people are mad that it's combat only, but isn't it advertised as such? If you paid for it without reading the features then you shouldn't be mad at BioWare. I'd kind of like to try it but I still haven't played the first DLC so I'll at least do that first.

I know people are mad that it's combat only, but isn't it advertised as such? If you paid for it without reading the features then you shouldn't be mad at BioWare. I'd kind of like to try it but I still haven't played the first DLC so I'll at least do that first.

They advertised it as a 2-3 hour arena. It's not an arena, and it's not even close to being 2-3 hours.

I'd kind of like to try it but I still haven't played the first DLC so I'll at least do that first.
Bring Down the Sky was one of the better side quest in the entire game, so I do suggest trying that one.

As to Pinnacle Station I thought it was fun combat. It did force me to make one choice that would be against my Shepard’s way of thinking. However, the final achievement was more important to me than staying true to my role-playing experience.

I will not lie, I purchase this download for no other reason than having all the Achievement for Mass Effect.

While not what I wanted from a Mass Effect download, it was still fun to play. More appropriate for a FPS rather than a RPG. Unless that is your thing or if you are like me and want to be a completionist ;) I’d stick with Bring Down the Sky.

As to Pinnacle Station I thought it was fun combat. It did force me to make one choice that would be against my Shepard’s way of thinking. However, the final achievement was more important to me than staying true to my role-playing experience.

Exact opposite for me - i play for the role-play.

Problem is that they try to make an RPG a first-person shooter

Archived