Home

Biogeography and Biodiversity

Shuttle Atlantis

Are you being sarcastic or agreeing with me? I dunno, but I admit that my idea of dealing with invasive species is kind of crazy and probably in the long term wouldn't turn out good... Unless if we kept things under as strict as control as possible.

Has Jurassic Park not taught you anything?

jeff_goldblum.jpg

Life will find a way!! :carms:

I don’t expect anyone to believe me, but would you at least give me a chance to earn your trust? Obviously I’m not going to make a convincing argument if I don’t address people’s concerns, which is why I won’t try something like this again. I’m not in this to create conflict; I wanted to inform people of the severity of this issue.
And here you thought you were being so brilliant in yet another one of your ban evasions. How about you try not posting here with yet another sockpuppet account if you're trying not to create conflict? You've spammed this forum quite enough times with your baseless rants about biogeography. The staff is quite tired of your re-registrations after multiple bans, and a complaint is being filed with your ISP. Have a nice weekend.

Has Jurassic Park not taught you anything?

~snip picture~

Life will find a way!! :carms:

Ironically, I just watched one of the Jurassic park movies a few hours ago... I wouldn't enjoy a T-Rex breaking into my house while I'm sleeping, that's for sure.

I think you're right, though. Thinking about all that Earth has been through - all the extinctions and changes, life always finds a way.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to do something. We could leave it up to nature... But then we are part of nature, aren't we? Perhaps we are that which will find a way?

Are you being sarcastic or agreeing with me? I dunno, but I admit that my idea of dealing with invasive species is kind of crazy and probably in the long term wouldn't turn out good... Unless if we kept things under as strict as control as possible.

Actually, I was just pointing out that it's been done before. We bring in A, A gets out of control, then B, B kills A, then B gets out of control, then we bring in more A and some C, which just makes the whole situation worse.

I was also being sarcastic but mostly towards the article, as I find the entire situation hilariously lame, I mean, fish tank algae, really?

J7: if you are playing devils advocate on this one, having me on *your* side is probably not a good thing :xp:

It still doesn't fundamentally address my point - which is fine you give a monkeys (forgive the pun ) but why should anyone else?

Just to be clear, I'm not arguing that everyone should care. Some should care because reducing biodiversity risks harming themselves either materially ( for instance: one of those lifeforms might be used as a cure for an ilness you have) or non-materially (as an example: reducing biodiversity makes you feel bad or make someone you care about dislike you).

Should anyone else care? Pherhaps, pherhaps not, depends on who "anyone else" is.

Furthermore this still doesn't address this; which is if everything is going to die anyway, why bother?

Why bother playing TSL? Because it's enjoyable.

Why bother living? Same reason.

Define "enjoy", I may enjoy shooting every animal that I see does this mean it's ok for me to do this?

Not sure what you mean by *okay*. If you believe the satisfaction you get from shooting them outweights the consequences of doing so, it's okay in the sence that I'd argue you'd have no choice but to do so. Not sure if that answers your question.

I also enjoy killing lifeforms which haven't been discovered yet; why shouldn't I kill them?

Because I know your name, and will hunt you down if you try :p

Seriously though, asuming enjoiment is the only factor people use to judge, then yes, you should kill them. If we take everything else into consideration, the answer might still be yes, but that'd depend on the person and the situation they where in.

Archived