Home

Disbeliever's crazy project!

disbeliever

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So....is Sleheyron now going to be covered in red light?

Because I really don't like that idea..

I like the idea of the lighting being in certain places where there would be the star wars equivalent of "street lamps" up.

Actually there is no red light at all. I've added a soft yellow/orange one, a neutrale white one and to counter the yellow/orange(its a but in between these :lol:) a light purple one.

The glow is reddish, because the wall textures are orange, rust red colour. Its not something I choose, plus not every bit "glows" up like that. Only those in very direct, euh, alignment to the "sun" are.

Personally I found it rather nice :lol:

But I believe you would rather see a nighttime look? Bit like Narshaddaa in TSL? Or more midday?

It's something we can now think about :p

Great stuff!

And like Dis said, it was only a test round. So no panic, then again if you don't like it; be my guest and make an area of your own liking :xp::D

So no panic, then again if you don't like it; be my guest and make an area of your own liking

About that....I'll leave Dis and you to making new modules.....and I'll just play them...

I don't mind the red lighting as long as it isn't really bright and everywhere...

I was originally thinking that it would be in a nighttime lighting, but, just an idea here :bluidea:, could you make it to where when you entered a module the first time, it was midday, and then if you left and came back, it would be night?

That would be another boundary to break:)

I was originally thinking that it would be in a nighttime lighting, but, just an idea here :bluidea:, could you make it to where when you entered a module the first time, it was midday, and then if you left and came back, it would be night?

Wouldn't they have to have two different versions of the module for that? Two different light maps and two different skyboxes?

I just wanted to give everyone an update, so no one thinks were sitting around doing nothing :lol:

I have spent literally 8 hours today experimenting with our lightmaps, trying to get good results, and in some cases any result.

I still have some experimenting to do tomorrow to figure out the perfect way to go about this new feature we have, but here is a screenshot of a hutt palace and gate for the rich area, with nice shadows :thmbup1:

SHADOWS.jpg

I just wanted to give everyone an update, so no one thinks were sitting around doing nothing :lol:

I have spent literally 8 hours today experimenting with our lightmaps, trying to get good results, and in some cases any result.

I still have some experimenting to do tomorrow to figure out the perfect way to go about this new feature we have, but here is a screenshot of a hutt palace and gate for the rich area, with nice shadows :thmbup1:

SHADOWS.jpg

:freakout::drop2:

Wow!!!...I will never leave this area once the mod comes out :D

Dis is not the only one with pretty pictures :xp:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
Twilek_BigCom3.jpg

Twilek_BigCom.jpg

Twilek_BigCom2.jpg

And why did I render this?

I need something nice to put on the commercial screens all around Sleheyron.

Though these are just a starting point; not final product :p

@DIS: Great shots and good job. Just as always! :D

I could send you some 512x512 Twi'lek clothing skins I've made, based on my DS underwear mod (screenshots). For the Twi'leks, I removed the red cloth areas, and let the colourful skin show through.

BTW, great looking screenies of the whole area :)

Update:

I have all of the lightmaps for the rich area buildings done and in game :) Ton of work haha

I am still struggling to figure out why my floor will not accept shadows of the buildings, that is the last part and this is done. I will figure it out eventually.

I made everyone a walkthrough video of this area, but it ended up being 400MG :lol: so i just made some screems ;)

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

Once i figure out how to get the building shadows on the floor, i will move on to making fillers for this area to further bring it to life.

*Warning the post above may cause you to go into shock due to it's supreme awesomeness.* :xp:

Very nice job dis ;).

Poor guy, you wont get to see all the other areas then :thmbup1:

:lol: I know...maybe I will switch areas every other week :xp:

Congrats again dis and Q you guys are doing amazing

That one texture alone will prevent it from being in both K1 and K2. Oh well.

I never had any intentions of making this for TSL. Sleheyron was cut from KOTOR, so that gave us a starting point for storyline ideas.

I have no ide a what purpose this planet would serve in TSL, as Nar Shada is a hutt owned planet, like sleheyron.

And every texture we have used for the most part was bioware made and for K1. There were something like 20+ textures left over for buildings and floors, which made it easy to maintain the look of the planet. So this project really was only for K1 due to K1 textures being used.

I am committed to getting this project done. I work on it a little bit each day, and will continue to do so until every part needed for the story is modeled out and in game. Once that is done, people will be sought to help script and make the planet work and function, since my knowledge of such things is lacking greatly.

My goal is by 2011 to have this done and released. I know my part will be done as far as getting all areas modeled and in game and working by this date. I just hope people can be found to script it all out and get it functioning within the story.

I could send you some 512x512 Twi'lek clothing skins I've made, based on my DS underwear mod (screenshots). For the Twi'leks, I removed the red cloth areas, and let the colourful skin show through.

BTW, great looking screenies of the whole area :)

You got WHAT? :lol:

If you want you can send'em along, I'll do my best to deliver a nice render :drool2:

Nonsens aside, I'm not feeling that well. And decided to take a break, as modding isn't that much more fun for me at the moment.

I've been talking it over with Disbeliever, I've delivered the files I was working on to him. So he can continue on. Now enough of this whinefest.

Great work as always Dis! You're really showing of the nice job lightmaps can do. :)

Update:

this area is complete, all shadows are accounted for and looking good.

finalightmap.jpg

finallightmap2.jpg

finallightmap3.jpg

Here is my to do list:

1. Go back and create/place lightmaps for the market area and landing bay areas.

2. Create filler 3d for the rich area to further bring it to life

3. Move on to modeling the "Poor Area", that is the next area.

4. Make tutorials for lightmaps and outdoor area modeling

Stay tuned for updates

Nice to see how far new areas have come along in the past 6 or so months. I can't see a single oddly stretched texture. :p

Though I do feel sorry for the poor soul who's going to have to fill all those huge areas with content. ;)

Thats called endless re texturing and uvw mapping :thmbup1:

So your not volunteering?

Archived