Home

Disbeliever's crazy project!

disbeliever

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That area is ***** huge!!! It looks amazing, man! Very good job done here! I need to make my PC run and run all the place!!!!

Congratulations, Dis and Q! You made it!

Seriously, I'd love to work on the storyline for this alongside Juan and a few others.

Thanks for the words, mate! I miss writing stuff and throwing ideas to you! :D

Update time kiddies. The entire landing area is in game :) Have some texture stretching issues to handle, as well as a PIA walkmesh that needs to be put in its place. Q and I will have it straight soon.

Here are some screens:

{snip}

Is Trask wondering what happened to the Endar Spire?

Awesome work guys.

Thanks for the words, mate! I miss writing stuff and throwing ideas to you! :D

Ah, yes, you'll sure get a mention Juan.

Dis showed me your ideas for the market/cantina downtown area.

There where some good thoughts in there, I can't promise we'll use everything as you've written it down, but it did gave cool ideas on how to fill the area in.

So, if you people think you've got a good idea, feel free to send us a PM or something, though DO work it out!

Something like: I think an Arena would rock!

That won't do it.

Juan-superman, almost wrote like a whole essay :lol:

Well thought, setting an atmosphere, what the player could be doing in that location, whatz the buzz around that place; the whole THING.

Kudos to the Juan! :p

Thanks for the kind words, Q, just had a talk with Dis about that and it helped a lot. We could say Dis was a victim of my enthusiasm ;)

Of course, if I helped in any way to you to build your story, I will be most pleased, that's what I meant.

Kudos to me! :D

Oh, if may add, I think an Arena would rock.

Thanks for the kind words everyone :)

I shall address some points:

1. The landing area IS huge :lol: But thats a cool thing I think. Sets up the atmosphere and gives the idea its a grand location your visiting, an actual planet, not just a station or outpost. Lots of ship pilots walking around, tons of droids doing things, dock people etc. Maybe some shady people or shifty merchants, who knows. But yes, it will be filled eventually :)

2. Trask always has that confused deer in the headlights look :lol: I love including him in screenies. Whenever i see him I think homer simpson.

3. The next area I believe will be a merchant section/street with links to the other main areas. We will probably be sketching things out shortly for the next area.

4. Regarding an arena: The arena is on of the only areas left over from bioware. There are several versions of the arena left over. For example in one, its a wide open platform for just fighting. Another version looks to me like some sort of hide and seek arena where you hunt one another down. It has walls to hide behind, its a maze really. There are no walkmeshes or lights for them, but they can be completed if we decide to use them. We may also decide to just build our own unique arena from scratch. We may also decide to not use any arena at all ;)

Thanks again for the kind words, it keeps us going :)

Thanks for the kind words everyone :)

I shall address some points:

1. The landing area IS huge :lol: But thats a cool thing I think. Sets up the atmosphere and gives the idea its a grand location your visiting, an actual planet, not just a station or outpost. Lots of ship pilots walking around, tons of droids doing things, dock people etc. Maybe some shady people or shifty merchants, who knows. But yes, it will be filled eventually :)

2. Trask always has that confused deer in the headlights look :lol: I love including him in screenies. Whenever i see him I think homer simpson.

3. The next area I believe will be a merchant section/street with links to the other main areas. We will probably be sketching things out shortly for the next area.

4. Regarding an arena: The arena is on of the only areas left over from bioware. There are several versions of the arena left over. For example in one, its a wide open platform for just fighting. Another version looks to me like some sort of hide and seek arena where you hunt one another down. It has walls to hide behind, its a maze really. There are no walkmeshes or lights for them, but they can be completed if we decide to use them. We may also decide to just build our own unique arena from scratch. We may also decide to not use any arena at all ;)

Thanks again for the kind words, it keeps us going :)

Are you talking about the Coliseum thing? I can't believe they cut that, it was so amazing.

JuniorModder

The arena is one of the only areas left over from Bioware. There are several versions of the arena left over. For example in one (of the versions), it's a wide open platform for just fighting. Another version looks to me like some sort of hide and seek arena where you hunt one another down. It has walls to hide behind, it's a maze really. There are no walkmeshes or lights for them, but they can be completed if we decide to use them. We may also decide to just build our own unique arena from scratch. We may also decide to not use any arena at all ;)

Hopefully you do create all areas from scratch as you'll be able to have Sleheyron available for both K1 and K2, right?

Hopefully you do create all areas from scratch as you'll be able to have Sleheyron available for both K1 and K2, right?

Lets not start running: we're still crawling. :lol:

Besides, Sleheyron in TSL, would need to serve a whole other purpose.

Not to mention another story.

The best for now is its going to be for K1.

Much later and I really mean much later, me and Dis might decide to do something for TSL.

Qoute:

4. Regarding an arena: The arena is on of the only areas left over from bioware. There are several versions of the arena left over. For example in one, its a wide open platform for just fighting. Another version looks to me like some sort of hide and seek arena where you hunt one another down. It has walls to hide behind, its a maze really. There are no walkmeshes or lights for them, but they can be completed if we decide to use them. We may also decide to just build our own unique arena from scratch. We may also decide to not use any arena at all

Will you add a rancor?

I figure you can, because since the planet is practically full of Hutts there has to be some Hutts that a have rancors "to settle unwanted bussines" and "entartein the guests".You could reskin an arena for this battle.

Way to early to tell

Qoute:

4. Regarding an arena: The arena is on of the only areas left over from bioware. There are several versions of the arena left over. For example in one, its a wide open platform for just fighting. Another version looks to me like some sort of hide and seek arena where you hunt one another down. It has walls to hide behind, its a maze really. There are no walkmeshes or lights for them, but they can be completed if we decide to use them. We may also decide to just build our own unique arena from scratch. We may also decide to not use any arena at all

Will you add a rancor?

I figure you can, because since the planet is practically full of Hutts there has to be some Hutts that a have rancors "to settle unwanted bussines" and "entartein the guests".You could reskin an arena for this battle.

As Q would say "petite update":

At the suggestion of Sith Holocron, I have imported a ship from dantooine into the Sley landing bay to play around with. This ship was on top of the Sandrel grounds estate, and I did not even notice it :thmbup1:

The poly count on it is VERY low, so that suits our needs awesome. I put it in the area to play around with... enjoy

s14.jpg

s15.jpg

Edit: There are Jedi on Sley now and they came in on the Ebonhawkie!

s16.jpg

Large Update time:

I am still working on getting the walkmesh 100% for the landing area. We got excited though and moved on to the merchant area, which is the second area. The 3d work is pretty much done :) Here are a ton of pics, I will have to make 2 posts to show them all, apologies mods...

Area when you first enter the merchants quarters:

ma17.jpg

Door to landing area:

ma16.jpg

The center market buildings with skywalks. These buildings will be the hub of the area:

ma15.jpg

Another side of the central hub:

ma14.jpg

Walking towards an open cantina:

ma13.jpg

Inside an open shop/bar/starbucksishplace:

ma12.jpg

Inbetween the central hub:

ma11.jpg

Walking again to the open cantina:

ma10.jpg

Inside the open shop/bar/starbuckish place:

ma9.jpg

An alley between buildings, shady bidness goin on ;)

ma8.jpg

Going into the open cantina:

ma6.jpg

Inside the open cantina finally:

ma5.jpg

Air shot of the central hub:

ma4.jpg

Large buildings block your view of the sun:

ma3.jpg

Complete area 1:

ma2.jpg

Complete area 2:

ig1.jpg

Poly count is even lower than the landing area :lol: yay. Maybe I am not sucking as badly anymore ;) Props to Juansman for some of his ideas :thmbup1:

More to come...

Archived