Home

Katarr?

Queen of Night

Hey,

I think it would be cool to see this planet.

I agree that i can see a Republic research team.

I picture reskin Dantooine with no grass and a barren place, the buildings have cracks and look as if a sand storm hit the area. You can use the damaged jedi academy as the Kataar academy where the jedi gathered. It could be a small planet like Korriban.

As regards the Republic team, but now it might look something there while they have been sent an encounter with a Sith Scout possibly by Nihilus or Sion.

I imagine a few creatures that have adapted themselves to the environment.

@Logan23: That sounds good, and I look forward to your work.

Hey,

I could put together a quick basic re-skining of Dantoonie as Kataar.

The issue would be the hex editing which takes time, because its just repetitive. The actual hex editing is easy.

I would have the planet as a place of death. There would be some Republic soldiers that are doing test on soil to determine what could of done this to the planet.

I would not put any Sith since they would not care since they know that Nihilus did this.

Maybe another miraklu ( Visas species) from another planet checking on their remains of the home planet.

The villians of the planet would be Salvaged groups which the Republic soldiers are also dealing with as they do their research.

There would be no life/ wild beasts since the planet is dead.

You could look over the remains and come across some jedi gear or a holocron from one of the Jedi -recording what they plan to do before the attack.

Again this would be a small planet like Korriban,

I will play with this.

If I get the re-skinning i would just need someone to do the hex editing so you can have it as a planet. I can instruct how hex editing goes.

Anyone interested in doing the Hex edit let me know.

Logan

I had another thought seeing "Katarr?"

What a cool mod it would be, and interesting storytelling, to make a mod going through the fall of Katarr. It would have to be along the lines of either a Total Conversion, which most of us shudder to think of (with the bright exceptions of Doc and logan!), or better a "vision" type of mod, not wholly dissimilar to how s9 worked with portions of BoS.

It would add more Nihilus, it would add more Visas, (DAMNED VO's), and could add some cool backstory, Vandar and the gang....

Lots of possibilities!

I had another thought seeing "Katarr?"

What a cool mod it would be, and interesting storytelling, to make a mod going through the fall of Katarr. It would have to be along the lines of either a Total Conversion, which most of us shudder to think of (with the bright exceptions of Doc and logan!), or better a "vision" type of mod, not wholly dissimilar to how s9 worked with portions of BoS.

It would add more Nihilus, it would add more Visas, (DAMNED VO's), and could add some cool backstory, Vandar and the gang....

Lots of possibilities!

It would be a cool flash back being told by Visas to the Exile, to help her relate to the Exile's lost of self due to Malachor V.

I sometimes wonder why did Visas survive Kataar? Was it like the Exile's issue in some way a freak event of did Nihilus leave her alive?

It would be could be done (not as a TC) to add some to the game but the bang for the buck- I would say you would want to use a bink movie to show this.

It would be easier to take the planet after the destruction and see the power of Nihilus. This will allow players to explore so all the re-skinning can be fully experienced.

• 5 months later...

Very Nice LDR. You seem not to include many NPC's and Placeables but im guessing that becuase you dont want to do a Lot of work in the Gfff editor thing :D i myself prefer the Kotor tool Module editor as i like the System of Draging to Place instead of Having to get Cordenates lol.

But if you can only have a Dialog that activates if Visas is in your party then Attach a Script to the Door which means it will only open if Visas is in your Party :D

Looks cool, reminds me when Yoda sent Luke into the cave.

A planet like this would have spirits and energy warped and disturbed due to the violent nature of Nihilus's power.

As for the re-skinning of the planet i would suggest to make the grass more yellow like it had the color or life pulled from it but it still remains which will bring an odd feeling. Also I would also the sky to make it more of a pink or yellow tone, or something (not sure what colors) as if this place has been disturbed.

Keep up the great work!

Logan

Archived