Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
....... ok, what's the pool at? I wanna put in at 7 months. :D

Nah, j/k man, good luck.

2 days! :D

thanks! lol i guess my friends are upset cause i havent been spending as much time with them.

her parents invited me to go on a cruise with them all in august. I hope that i can go. :)

What color you going with big fella? Scraping/pressure washing paint is alot of work.
A blue/gray for the main color, and a light gray for all the trim.

Actually: It's pretty similar to the background color of this forum, now that I think about it. Maybe a couple of shades darker.

I'm thinking about buying a computer tonight. Both of the ones I have at home SUCK!!!! I couldn't get so much as e-mail on either one this morning. If i didn't have the iPhone, I would have been up ****'s Creek...

Gonna get both a laptop and a desktop, I've determined. Not necessarily top-o'-th'-line for either... just solid machines that will operate reliably for at least 3 or 4 years.

Might go to Best Buy and get a laptop tonight.

Build a desktop through HP or Dell later.

It wasn't intentional... But you may be right. My unconcious is creating an homage to XWA in my color scheme.

Heaven save me...

:joy:

Never made it to the store for a new laptop. Got home too late.

Tonight after work...

Have you considered just getting a nice laptop and hooking it up to a larger monitor, keyboard, and mouse for desktop uses? I don't really see much point in a desktop these days unless you are doing serious playing of the newest games or you need a lot of power for rendering or other heavy processing.

It's crossed my mind... but I really want one of each. I have my upstairs office area, with the computer desk, and the 7.1 computer speaker setup.

In the cellar where I've been spending much of my time lately, I've had an old PC laptop that was given to me from work a couple of months ago. I've gotten used to having both now, and I really don't want to go back.

Besides: I'd like something with really decent rendering power upstairs... my cousin's husband works for Adobe, and I have access to employee pricing on anything they make. CS suite and multitrack recording software... It would be nice to get back into doing creative things on a computer again: Making/ recording music, or doing something artistic. Make my office back into something where work of some sort gets done.

The laptop is just an email and internet portal. It doesn't have to be a powerhouse... I could actually get away with a netbook... Though I think I'll get something a bit more than that. But the laptop will be for goofing around.

We need a new laptop as well. Our old Dell is about done for. The kids have alot of their homework on it and it has been dropped more then once but still works. I'm not sure how though...:eek:

My Mom just got a HP from Costco a few weeks ago. I think it was a 17.1 inch monitor. It is sweet. :thmbup1:

All our desktops are old, as in I built them about 5 years ago... All of them are P4 with AGP video cards.

Have you considered just getting a nice laptop and hooking it up to a larger monitor, keyboard, and mouse for desktop uses? I don't really see much point in a desktop these days unless you are doing serious playing of the newest games or you need a lot of power for rendering or other heavy processing.

how about ability to replace one part or do a upgrade somethig other than the RAM or HDD

a mobo fails in a desktop, replace, it, in a laptop, chuck it and buy a new one

how about ability to replace one part or do a upgrade somethig other than the RAM or HDD

Unless you are using it for one of the reasons I mentioned before, you won't really want to do this.

a mobo fails in a desktop, replace, it, in a laptop, chuck it and buy a new one

Warranty? I've never had a laptop fail on me after the warranty period but before I was ready to buy a new one. Maybe I've just been lucky, but it's worked for me so far.

Help needed, battle 4 mission 6 (?)

So, I have no big trouble destroying ATR's and defend Razor, but after that I have lost my wingmen and I have trouble to keep me alive when all the starfighters are targeting me. So I get destroyed, or I manage to save myself to the CRS or hyperspace out, but then CRS is destroyed. Little help, I have patch 2.02.

If you replay later than today, send me an email: jilari@luukku.com

Diipadaapa that post is in the wrong area. But to answer your question, don't hyper out, you need the CRS to leave in order to complete your primary objectives. if you are having trouble dealing with a target rich environment, just put all weapon energy to engines and go evasive.. or become a better dogfighter

Yeah... let me know when and where and I can drive up... and show you a thing or 2 about being totally out of practice! :dozey:

:joy:

But, yeah... I'm up for meeting more XWA'ers face-to-face!

Spent the day hanging with a lady friend. Strictly platonic. I like her... but she's 3+ months pregnant with twins. So... yeah.

It was a good time though.

Unless you are using it for one of the reasons I mentioned before, you won't really want to do this.

Warranty? I've never had a laptop fail on me after the warranty period but before I was ready to buy a new one. Maybe I've just been lucky, but it's worked for me so far.

yeah you can always send it in and get back in 3-6 weeks

I've seen tons of cheap laptops die, but its my business so..........

lots of them only have a one year warranty anymore too, pretty lame

I guess you wouldnt want to easily replace a part on your only computer.....unless you are a huge power user? that doesnt compute sorry :D

This Rock Band 3 stuff looks pretty interesting. It seems like it's basically playing a real guitar (if you want). Seems like it would be a cool way to jam with people who can't really play or can't be bothered to start a band or whatever.
Yeah... I noticed that.

Looks like you might be able to use real MIDI keys and drum triggers too.

Pretty cool.

Oh... and I'm leaning towards Sony Vaio for a laptop, and a HP tower.

Opinions?

vaios usually are pretty overpriced IMHO
It is a bit more expensive than the comparable units I saw... but not radically. Not as bad as an Apple, anyways.

Plus: They have Blu-Ray drives installed. Only laptops I saw with them. That's pretty cool.

Not 100% sure on it... but it's the only one I kept going back to look over and over at the store. Nothing else jumped out at me.

Archived