Home

XWA one year thread V: A Slightly Better, but Used Hope

Hey hey!

New thread, New Year!

Welcome to 2010 and a new decade! Though if history has anything to say we have the following to look forward to....

A World War, followed by the fascist dictatorships rising in the war torn aftermath of Europe, which leads to another World War after a 5 year economic collapse.......

Wait.....

>.>

ANYWAY!

Our story thus far....

Ed-boy is headed out to M's for a party? Is Ed's streak finally over?

Kinnson is with his girl, is he gonna settle down?

The Kid (Rogue9) may be headed back to the Army, will he get in?

THE REST OF US are watching...... this is better than day time dramas! :D

We also have a new record, 3478 posts in a one year marathon thread, may not be a new record for Lucasforums, but it is for us!

Happy New Year!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2010... Huh... funny, but it still smells like 2009 in here. :dozey:

What is there to say... except: post more!!! :D

We have to top last years thread by at least 1 post, if nothing else. Then I can die happy.

In answer to the burning questions about my social life: Yes... I got a kiss tonight, but it wasn't a big deal. Because I then got more kisses from several different women in quick succession at the same time... which rendered the gesture pretty much totally meaningless... So there ya go.

Year in summary:

2009 was OK. Wasn't super great... a couple of spots were pretty terrible... but it sure didn't suck nearly as much as it could have.

I started to have something that approaches a normal social life. There's a lot to be said for that. Didn't make it to the point I really wanted to... but hey, at least I made an effort towards it... and that's more than can be said for many years in the past.

I have made a couple of good friends (many of them attractive females) out of the effort... and that might lead to payoffs in the year to come.

Did pretty well financially... though I had to put in far more hours at work than any sane person ever should in order to get there. That's something I may rethink in the future... trying to manage the balance of workload-to-burnout ratio better. At some point the money stops seeming worth it when life is miserable all the time.

Mom retiring and being around the house 24/7/365, and my losing all hope of any privacy and peace & quiet when I'm home was the biggest change I had to deal with... and that took a lot of adjustment. Still not 100% comfortable or happy with the situation... but I've found a point with it that I can cope with... for the time being.

I watched several friend's marriages dissolve this year. That's never a good thing... though a few of them seem happier and better-off about it.

Glad to see that a couple of the love-lives around here improved last year. Hopefully I'll be with you all this time next year... but I'm not going pressure myself about it anymore. Heading out with an air of desperation to meet a self-imposed deadline or agenda probably didn't do me much good in that regard last year... and only led to more frustration and depression about it when things didn't progress as quickly or in the direction I had hoped for.

Gotta continue getting in shape. Didn't do quite as good last year as I did in the previous ones towards meeting that goal. I maintained... but didn't make much forward progress. Need to jumpstart that bandwagon again this year.

Well... at least I'm not approaching 2010 with the dread that accompanies most New Years days for me. Cautious optimism is the word of the day.

I hope next year will be better, personally. I'll strive to make an effort towards it anyway. We'll see. That's all we can do...

This thread should have been called, "A No Hope."

Anyway, 2009 sucked, possibly the worst year of my life, and we shall never speak of it again. In fact, the entire last decade was crap and we shall never speak of it again. Man, my twenties have been a complete waste.

This year better not suck so hard.

@ed dont't knock it, I think this is the first time I got to kiss a girl when the new year rolled in.

Right now my lady is taking a nap near my feet after we did a bit of exercising. ;) She is quite the trooper even tho she is a bit sick.

We were quite disappointed with the music acts that performed in Vegas during Dick Clarks New Years eve party. I think every singer was nothing more then a cute face that had thier voices wrung thru an Auto-tuner.

2009 was pretty fair to me. I accomplished quite a few of my resolutions...I got a girlfriend and got laid, moved out (twice), and started my process of getting back in the army! though some of my goals ended in epic failure, it was all worth it. Also my sister got married so i have a brother-in-law and nephew or niece on the way, which is cool. :) I also still have my job and I got a pretty good raise last year.

For this year my goals/resolutions:

Pay off car loan

Pay off hospital bill

Stop Drinking (after my 26th birthday)

Lose 30 pounds

Get a girlfriend/future wife

Get in the U.S. Army

It's only bound to get worse. :dozey:

Spent the day alternating between playing XBox (Forza 3; GH: WT...) and watching a Mythbusters marathon... and napping... and eating.

Pretty good start to the year... if I do say so myself... :rolleyes:

this isnt a new decade, I would expect a bunch of nerds like us to get this right!!!

I happily watched Penn State and Ohio State win their bowl games yesterday and ate a bunch of food.

My twin and his wife were here for their annual visit so we hung out a bunch. I really miss having him around sadly.

Eh. It's really all in how you define it... but it's all arbitrary, anyway. Most people defined '99 - 2000 as the turn of the last decade and last century... though technically it really isn't either.

But the popular definition is as valid as any, as far as I'm concerned. Unless you can point to the exact moment after the big bang that time can be said to have truly begun, there are no real points in time that can be said to the "start."

Just because somebody decided to call midnight, Jan. 1st, 0001 A.D. the start of the common era doesn't make that point in time more significant or important than a second, minute, hour, day, week, month, year, decade, or century before. It's just a moment in time to point to and say: "Here."

So: whateva. :p

(How's that for nerdy and geeky?)

:joy:

Anyway: Snow outside. Ick. Shoveling ahead. Double ick.

Oh well... it's exercise... and that's something I could really use after the last couple of weeks of gorging and lazing around.

Eh. It's really all in how you define it... but it's all arbitrary, anyway. Most people defined '99 - 2000 as the turn of the last decade and last century... though technically it really isn't either.

But the popular definition is as valid as any, as far as I'm concerned. Unless you can point to the exact moment after the big bang that time can be said to have truly begun, there are no real points in time that can be said to the "start."

Just because somebody decided to call midnight, Jan. 1st, 0001 A.D. the start of the common era doesn't make that point in time more significant or important than a second, minute, hour, day, week, month, year, decade, or century before. It's just a moment in time to point to and say: "Here."

So: whateva. :p

(How's that for nerdy and geeky?)

:joy:

Anyway: Snow outside. Ick. Shoveling ahead. Double ick.

Oh well... it's exercise... and that's something I could really use after the last couple of weeks of gorging and lazing around.

thats a poor excuse for being wrong :D

been vegging with my lady, watching DR. who. I think i finally realized the writing is relying on a lot of "Dues ex maxchina"

Tomorrow im going back home and picking up my kitty from my parents house before taking a nap and going to do some curling. taking some pork tenderloin i cooked her for my lady.

Look for other web presence by this same person (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn...) Use the email address you have to search those sites for a profile.

Press for pics and a phone number when you can... but don't give any of your own info until you are satisfied that there's a real female (and she's the same one you are thinking it is) on the other end.

Other than that, you are on your own.

Last day off for my break... and the weather is completely craptastic too. :(

Still: Might try to get out and see Avatar tonight.

well she seems fake at first so i'm just gonna **** with it until i get a real person. she wants to chat on yahoo instant messenger which i havent downloaded yet.

looks like i'm pulling a 11 hour shift today. alone. i wonder how many ungrateful customers i'll get.

Archived