1. 1. Will there be any co op or Multiplayer

• Co op & Multiplayer
    • Just Co op
    • Just Multiplayer
    • No Co op or Multiplayer

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well nothing is confirmed, but there are rumors about "online support", which makes me think multiplayer. Dunno if it will be co-op or competitive though. Some kind of "horde mode" like from Gears of War 2 where you and a friend take on waves of enemies would be pretty fun.

Co-op:

I think co-op would be pretty exciting. You know, a friend comes over, you put on ForceUnleashed2 and you're able to choose between campaign or just mission. That gameplay style is from Lord of the Rings 3 : Return of the King, and it was really cool! You could play campaign missions (there were more enemies than in singleplayer ) or just a selected area full of incoming enemies.

Multiplayer:

I don't really care about multiplayer, but I think people would wanna see it in. I'd like to see some modes like Team Deathmatch or Siege, where the player would choose their jedi character and join the fight.

• 2 weeks later...

Co-op is so retarded, it should stay only with Lego Star Wars. TFU is meant to be a Single player game, not a two-player jockey. Now multiplayer I am liking, but only if it is Jedi Knight style. Hands down, we still love serving the massive pwnage like in the old Jedi Outcast.

Co-op is so retarded, it should stay only with Lego Star Wars. TFU is meant to be a Single player game, not a two-player jockey. Now multiplayer I am liking, but only if it is Jedi Knight style. Hands down, we still love serving the massive pwnage like in the old Jedi Outcast.

Who is to say the TFU is meant to be SP or MP? LA can do whatever they want with it!

Personally, I love co-op games and I hope TFU 2 will have the option to play in co-op.

Because you say so? :rolleyes:

No, because most co-op games fail. Republic Heroes was terrible, and it was co-op. Just so you know, this was an opinion, not really a fact.

Who is to say the TFU is meant to be SP or MP? LA can do whatever they want with it!

Personally, I love co-op games and I hope TFU 2 will have the option to play in co-op.

TFU has an engine which works only with SP, if they did co-op, they would have to do an entirely new engine. Plus sp you don't really have too much distractions and whenever I play co-op other people just screw around so for me, SP is the way to go for TFU. Plus the engine of TFU was part of why TFU was so likeable. More popularity means more profit for LA which is what the whole company is all about.

I wouldn't mind if TFU had a multiplayer mode, maybe that would be a different way of play, but the way I see it the best way they can do it is Jedi Knight Style, because still so many player play JKII and JKA multiplayer online with others, with different types of matches. Because the costumes and the different saber colors suggest they would do a Jedi Knight Style multiplayer, as this game was fast paced and had select abilities per button, which is what Jedi Knight did in the first place. This all the more suggests it probably would be Jedi Knight Style multiplayer.

Also seeing the main character wielding two lightsabers, there may be a possibility that there will be the twin-blades as well, like Jedi Academy where you can build a single hilt, two single hilts, or twin blades.

No, because most co-op games fail. Republic Heroes was terrible, and it was co-op.

Right... Lego Star Wars was co-op and was not a fail, NSMB was co-op and was not a fail. Your point?

TFU has an engine which works only with SP, if they did co-op, they would have to do an entirely new engine.

Source?

Plus sp you don't really have too much distractions and whenever I play co-op other people just screw around so for me, SP is the way to go for TFU.

A game may have co-op, yet you can play it singleplayer.

Archived