Home

Lucas: Live action series would cost "Fifty million an episode"

Astor

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm probably going to hell for that.

Yes. Yes you are. :xp:

Remember, the money will be needed so that the films can be revisited and updated in really important ways because of the TV series. After all, you can't have characters not looking the same all the way through...

star-wars-episode-vi-return-of-the-jedi-limited-edition-20060912063426791-000.jpg

I'm probably going to hell for that.

No, this is hell worthy.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)[/Quote]
I can't remember which moderator told me they were going to ban me for life if I posted this again. RedHawke?

Looking at Star Wars history on TV, perhaps the series not happening is a good thing. :xp:

• 2 weeks later...
Here's an idea, George: Why not concentrate on things like intelligent dialog, character development and actual, as in not phoned-in, directing more than glitzy, yet still fake-looking, special effects and maybe, just maybe, it wouldn't have to cost $50 million an episode.

What a concept! :dozey:

Oh come on, we all know that graphics are everything. :thmbup1:

I wish he would just retire, its gonna be retcon followed by poor dialog followed by retcon followed by terrible sidekick character... and retcon.

But isn't that how it's supposed to be done? :p

Like how Hulk Hogan refused to stop with his same old tired routine year after year? I mean sure he eventually became an announcer/Gen. Manager but come on. Hafta milk that money cow!!! :D

Less Jedi, no grand war and more focused on character development... how can this possibly cost that much per episode? When people with little to no budget can be creative for videos for YouTube, surely Lucas can do better with a few millions an episode.

Hmm. Are you implying that this is a sign someone has lost that edge that made his work great in the first place?

...OH YOU!!!

As someone who works in the business, knows the difference between a high and low-production value show, and also the difference in degrees between an indie film and a big-budget monster. I have worked on TV and in movies.

Lucas needs to lay off that :devsmoke: He is making that number up to impress and horrify us... it is indeed grand hyperbole, IMO, as Ctrl Alt Del surmised.

I'll give you $20 to get rid of the dead mice off the catwalk.

:iceburn:

Archived