Home

Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters 2.0

Trex

To that end, here's a comparison file with 6 of Revan's lines. For fun, I put the OLD version next to the new version to see how different one guy can sound in ~5 years. :p So the first iteration of each line is the OLD version; followed by the new.

New ones are legit. Very nice work. Cadence is excellent.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I may just an idiot lol but on janacks i can't get passed the doors that lead to enemy base, they keep locking me out or when i go to the computer terminal the door doesn't open and i'm locked in between rooms, any help would be great!

If you're still stuck, the idea is that you need to divide up your team. Different panels open different combinations of doors.

Or if you're desperate and need to cheat, the whereami armband mod can open them all for you. :)

Thanks! How about the shadow/tsig quests? Do they not work? I spoke with Grenn for tsig but nothing happened

Hmm. There might be some problems with Shadows' quest (I think I made a patch for it in the other thread).

Tsig should be fine though. It might be a weird response. Something about saying you have evidence against Czerka.

I installed the mod but for some reason it keeps crashing in the beginning so I had to quit playing. It crashes at the palace where the company ambushes the queen, HK, and the guards all fight. It crashes during the escape form the palace when the movie is playing.

• 2 months later...

I put together a small vid today of some of the new characters voices. I nearly have all of them now, so that aspect of things hopefully won't take too much longer.

I still have a handful of bugs to sort out, but they're all fairly small and obvious ones.

One more thing I want to do is add a new element to the game in the form of a communicator armband which can warp you back to the ship. I feel like much of the running back and forth for some of the missions (especially side quests) gets a little tedious for some players, though I also feel like exploring is a fun aspect many enjoy.

The armband should solve that. Exploration, but without the burden of having to jog all the way back to your ship again afterwards. Should only be an afternoon's work to get it done.

I still can't confirm a release date to the final version of this mod yet, but I wanted to post something just so people know that I am indeed still working on it. :)

These voices are a phenomenal step up. The audio quality on Cressa wasn't great, but that's a very minor complaint. All the other recordings sounded pretty crisp.

The Bastila voice is very strong. And kudos to the voice actor behind Revan for taking the criticism of his early performance with such humility and spirit; the new performance seems like it will be very good.

Will Tsig be getting a new voice? I know her mechanized voice was explained in a subplot, so I could see why you might leave that alone.

Looking forward to doing another play-through when the new version is released. It was close to my favorite KOTOR mod of all time before, and I'm sure it's going to be even more fun with some of the bugs taken care of and the voices improved.

Thanks for all the work you're putting in to this labor of love.

Will Tsig be getting a new voice? I know her mechanized voice was explained in a subplot, so I could see why you might leave that alone.

Yes, I've got someone to redo the Tsig voice. It will still have some sort of electronic filter added to it though to sound a little mechanized.

How do you get past HK-57 guard so you can steal the stash for the thieving quest involving the two shady characters at the landing pad on the droid planet M4-78-B?

Somewhere near the "top" elevation-wise, there's a room with a console and two or three HK droids staring at a wall of screens. You should be able to activate it or something around it to trigger an alarm. The HK-57 will leave his post to check it out...

There seems to be a bug when fighting Kannos on the ship you're crew was taken to after Revan joins you. Kannos won't die.

Correct. He doesn't die. It's a timed fight you have to survive for a certain amount of time (think it might be a full minute).

Correct. He doesn't die. It's a timed fight you have to survive for a certain amount of time (think it might be a full minute).

Ok well I just saved it during the fight and saw that he isn't killed after awhile of fighting I get to converse with him. I just thought initially it was one of those bugs like the laigrak one in the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine.

Ok well I just saved it during the fight and saw that he isn't killed after awhile of fighting I get to converse with him. I just thought initially it was one of those bugs like the laigrak one in the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine.

OK. I'll add it to the (thankfully now, quite short) list.

• 5 months later...

I really want to play this mod, but I seem to be having trouble getting started. I downloaded it successfully, but when I start the game, I'm just alone on the reskinned Ravager. I searched the whole area, and there's nobody else there except for the Darth Syyth thing which I can't interact with. I tried reinstalling it (both with the automatic installer and then again by manually extracting files), but so far I have had no luck. I also tried reloading several times and starting over, but that didn't work either. Is there something I'm missing? I'd appreciate some help!

I really want to play this mod, but I seem to be having trouble getting started. I downloaded it successfully, but when I start the game, I'm just alone on the reskinned Ravager. I searched the whole area, and there's nobody else there except for the Darth Syyth thing which I can't interact with. I tried reinstalling it (both with the automatic installer and then again by manually extracting files), but so far I have had no luck. I also tried reloading several times and starting over, but that didn't work either. Is there something I'm missing? I'd appreciate some help!

Have you tried redownloading as well?

To be honest, I see this kind of error from people every so often and I honestly don't know what causes it. All the files should be there to make the game function normally, but it's like they get lost in the installing or download.

Do any other modders have experience with this happening, or suggestions on how to solve it?

Have you tried redownloading as well?

To be honest, I see this kind of error from people every so often and I honestly don't know what causes it. All the files should be there to make the game function normally, but it's like they get lost in the installing or download.

Do any other modders have experience with this happening, or suggestions on how to solve it?

Yeah, I tried redownloading it and still no luck. I appreciate the response though. If it helps, all of the PC choices at the character creation screen look like the ones in KOTOR 2 even though they look differently in the menu box.

Yeah, I tried redownloading it and still no luck. I appreciate the response though. If it helps, all of the PC choices at the character creation screen look like the ones in KOTOR 2 even though they look differently in the menu box.

Have you tried uninstalling, then deleting the TJM folder from the LucasArts Directory, then re-installing? That might get rid of any bad files.

Have you tried uninstalling, then deleting the TJM folder from the LucasArts Directory, then re-installing? That might get rid of any bad files.

Yeah, it didn't work either. I don't know what's up. I'm on Windows 8 if that's a problem, though the regular game works fine. I guess I'll just have to see if I can get KOTOR II up and running on an older computer of mine.

Yeah, it didn't work either. I don't know what's up. I'm on Windows 8 if that's a problem, though the regular game works fine. I guess I'll just have to see if I can get KOTOR II up and running on an older computer of mine.

I'm running TJM on my Windows 8 just fine, so that's not it. If this helps, I always run all my applications on my computer as administrator to minimalize problems, including install applications, and it always works.

Archived