Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters 2.0

Trex

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh, my. Oh, my my my. Well, this is embarrassing as hell, to say the least.

Suffice to say, -I'm- the oft complained about, way-too-young 'n' inexperienced voice of Revan in this mod. I worked on the project so long ago that I'd almost totally forgotten about it until very recently, and was surprised to see my lines have actually gone public.

As it happens, I recorded the lines... early 2009, I think, closer to five years ago than four. First voice role I'd actually landed, I believe. I would have been... hm, fourteen? You can certainly tell. XD

WELL, I certainly agree with the general concensus of 'get those lines replaced, ASAP' - *shudder*

Has that fellow further up in this thread taken on the job? If he has, then that's fantastic as far as I'm concerned. If not, though, and you're looking - least I can do is offer to redo them myself, now with 5 years of experience and a properly developed, -hopefully- no longer cringe-worthy voice.

https://www.box.com/s/6kwzhdu5lgqk06sx4waf - There you'll find this year's iteration of my voice demo reel, so you've proof I don't sound exactly the same. :p Perhaps something similar to the voice at 00:39 in that reel, for Revan?

Anyway, let me know if I'm needed, I'd happily do the full set again to make up for the abysmal previous ones. :p If you've already sorted all that with somebody else, then all the better, but by all that's good, don't let 14-year-old-me's lines stay. *shudders again*

Eeeerm, main reason SithHolocron is that I no longer -have- any of those lines on me. Nor do I have KOTOR II installed on my current laptop so I can't really access the mod. :p

So I've no idea what those lines -are-, to be frank. XD

Mrbluevelt - I'm just glad it WAS almost five years ago. If I was still 14 I'd probably have been quite disheartened. xD

Okay, so I've gotten the script for Revan's lines and ideally I'd like to make the best I can of this. I've recorded a small part of the script today.

Before I continue, I had the idea of posting some of those recordings here to see what people are thinking. Is this new voice I'm using good to go, or should I change it up a bit? I figure Revan shouldn't really sound 'old' necessarily, but rather powerful and commanding.

To that end, here's a comparison file with 6 of Revan's lines. For fun, I put the OLD version next to the new version to see how different one guy can sound in ~5 years. :p So the first iteration of each line is the OLD version; followed by the new.

https://app.box.com/s/iqa2k6pf3n97x7wy9p5a

Okay, so I've gotten the script for Revan's lines and ideally I'd like to make the best I can of this. I've recorded a small part of the script today.

Before I continue, I had the idea of posting some of those recordings here to see what people are thinking. Is this new voice I'm using good to go, or should I change it up a bit? I figure Revan shouldn't really sound 'old' necessarily, but rather powerful and commanding.

To that end, here's a comparison file with 6 of Revan's lines. For fun, I put the OLD version next to the new version to see how different one guy can sound in ~5 years. :p So the first iteration of each line is the OLD version; followed by the new.

https://app.box.com/s/iqa2k6pf3n97x7wy9p5a

I wouldn't mind hearing those new lines in the game.

Archived