Home

Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters 2.0

Trex

This is by far the most stable Beta release I've seen of a huge mod! You should be really proud of yourself.

It may seem like I and many others are complaining but really we're just expressing the things that can be patched and know that if you need any help with further updates, you have a whole community to look to.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found a bug I after I found the Aqualish Merchant on Coruscant and finished the Shadows quest. I went back to my ship so I can exchange the Shadow out for Tsig so I can do her quest on Coruscant. When I try to go back to Main Street the game crashes. Can someone please help me? Can Mandalore's quest be completed or does that break the game?

While running out, if I fight the first group of attacker the second group does not spawn. If I run through the second group will, but either way, there is no exit to the tomb. once I beat all the attackers I just run around the tomb....with nowhere to go.

OK.

Not too sure what might have caused that. It might be a glitch where the exit doesn't spawn, in which case

if you load up a save from before you entered the tomb.

Beyond that, my only suggestion is too be sure you where hitting the exit. There isn't a door you have to open,

if you just keep going up the ramp as far as you can, the next module should just load up.

Any fix coming soon for Mandalore's quest? I'd like to complete that quest.

Probably won't be releasing a fix soon. I'll be correcting all problems for the non-beta version.

Do you need to have a save game copy of a completed TSL playthrough to play this mod first?

Nope. Just go ahead and play.

Nope. Just go ahead and play.

Yeah but for some reason the game began with the opening of TSL, even though the new menu and character creation screen for your mod showed up before launch. Odd.

Anyway, I'm going to re-install TSL (have it on Steam), download your mod again on your site and try again. If it doesn't work, I'll let you know and if you can help me, I'd appreciate that thanks. I install it to the override folder of the KotOR II file in Steam apps, so it's going in the right place.

Nah it's cool man, I got it working. Didn't put it in the override folder this time.

• 7 months later...

No work for me this week, which means I'm going to be plowing through as many of the bugs and fixes as I can.

I'm putting out a request for anyone willing to do some re-texturing. Is anyone interested in tidying up some of my module textures?

I volunteer, "I VOLUNTEER, I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE"

OK, here you go : http://www.the-jedi-masters.com/files/droidtexts.zip

These are for the modules on the droid planet, so it needs to looks appropriate for that.

There should be some module files in the zip too. If you warp to them, you should be able to see how the textures look in game.

As for the rest of the mod, all of the reported bugs are solved apart from the one where Vima Sunrider kept disappearing. I know how to solve it though and I may have it finished by the end of the day.

I also want to replace a bunch of the voices for the final version, which is what I'll be working on next.

Nice. I loved HK's lines in TJM, they'd be completed with a good VO. :)

Are you aiming to replace all/most the computer-generated voices? Like for The Shadow and Darth D'nack?

Pretty much yes. I looking to get every line voiced by a real person.

I even have some money together to hire a few voice actors If I need to.

Is there an expected completion date for the Final Version? Fantastic job on this mod by the way, keep up the good work!

:wid:

Trust me, Trex still has a few things planned for this sweet game. I believe he plans to finish adding a few things here and there, as well as get some new skins for a few areas. He mentioned looking for voice actors, and I know that a few people mentioned a desire for updated movies.

On those, I believe they looked nice, but something happened when Trex converted them to .bik...

Trust me, Trex still has a few things planned for this sweet game. I believe he plans to finish adding a few things here and there, as well as get some new skins for a few areas. He mentioned looking for voice actors, and I know that a few people mentioned a desire for updated movies.

On those, I believe they looked nice, but something happened when Trex converted them to .bik...

That's understandable. I look forward to seeing this project progress even further.

Glad to see this terrific TCM being fine-tuned.

Beyond fixing some bugs, it would be great to get voice-overs to replace the mechanical ones and, more importantly, a new voice actor to redo Revan's lines. It hurts the immersion factor that he sounds like a teenager trying to make his voice seem deep (that may literally be what it is, actually).

Glad to see this terrific TCM being fine-tuned.

Beyond fixing some bugs, it would be great to get voice-overs to replace the mechanical ones and, more importantly, a new voice actor to redo Revan's lines. It hurts the immersion factor that he sounds like a teenager trying to make his voice seem deep (that may literally be what it is, actually).

Yeah, he does sound quite odd. The way he is now kinda reminds me of Palpatine from RotJ, just 'raspier'. I wouldn't mind doing his VOs, because I wouldn't have to make my voice that raspy to get the right pitch. And I don't think Revan would be raspy, because that is usually the sign of an old, evil guy.

Yeah, is anyone here an expert on converting to bik? I still have the original HD AVIs. If someone knows how to convert them without loosing quality, that's be really useful.

Archived