Home

Knights of the Old Republic : The Jedi Masters 2.0

Trex

Well, it's about a year and a half since TJM was released, so I think it's about time to show everyone who keeps emailing me where I'm up to with it's revamp. It's hard to show where I'm up to in many ways since the expansions and improvements are more technical rather than visual, but here's a handful of screen shots to get started with.

arenay.jpg

92272842.jpg

86220036.jpg

90458174.jpg

Improvements include :

- Fully voiced dialogue for everyone

- An expanded main storyline. The third quarter sends you off on quests to gather the Jedi Masters rather then Revan just calling out to them.

- More subquests for every planet

- Two new planets to explore. One is completed apart from finalising the subquests (a war torn world involving Iridonian mercenaries fighting off droid armies). The other I'm hoping to be Kashyyyk, which I am currently constructing, and which brings me onto my next item...

- ...All new areas. The 2.0 edition will include areas entirely made by me (large credit to Quanon's tutorial). The top screenshot from above is from an area which replaces the final boss fight at the end of the story. I'll add pictures of the other ones once I'm happy with them enough to show them off.

- Re re-textured areas of the ones I wasn't happy with.

- Journal entries

- New maps

- All new and improved cutscenes. I've gone out of way to learn some proper animating, and as a result the full motion videos look much better. There'll be battles, explosions and everything.

There's also loads of little things such as quests being more set and controled via booleons rather than items or similar. If you don't know what I'm talking about with that, it basically means there will be less bugs and glitches.

At this point I'm looking for volunteers who want to help out with two smallish jobs :

- New PCs

I am looking for people to create some new Player characters for the mod. This is just the heads and I need both male and female. Feel free to volunteer for this if you are enthusiastic but inexperienced, as I wrote the tutorial on the subject and can help you out if you get stuck.

- New underwear skins

Just like it sounds. I would like someone (or some people) prepared to create new skins for when the characters aren't wearing anything else. Again, both for males and females.

If you're interested in doing either, just reply in the thread or PM me. Also, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask them.

In the meantime I'll be working on Kashyyyk and probably a new poster since I just noticed HK's leg is half missing...

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has this been a long time operation that hasn't been publicized or have you just started? On a percentage scale how much do you think you have complete?

I know some of this information can be sensitive but I'm just wondering because I was thinking about giving TJM a second play through just to have enjoy something new and fresh but if this is what I think it is I'll just hold off and wait for the 2.0 product.

Epic! This was totally unexpected but I hope this will be a better than TJM 1.0.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
I would like to see if there's some way to save or revive Revan from LS ending so it fit's a little more with TOR cannon. And don't let this turn into a debate why some KOTOR fans dislike TOR.

On a percentage scale how much do you think you have complete?

That...is actually a very good question. I haven't just started it recently, I've been intermittently doing parts of it ever since the 1.0 release. There's perhaps a possibility of it being done before Christmas, but it depends on a load of factors (like work and, well, Christmas).

I'll try and get some sort of chart together to show progress. I have next to nothing to do on Sunday, so I'll probably do a load of modding then a chart.

I suppose that I'll be the one to ask the inevitable, generic question...

Is there any possibility that this might be somehow compatible with TSLRCM? I am not very well-learned on the nature of total conversion mods.

Also, if there isn't, then I have another question: isn't there a way to have multiple installations of TSL? I'd love to play TJM; I just don't want to bork everything else in the process.

I suppose that I'll be the one to ask the inevitable, generic question...

Is there any possibility that this might be somehow compatible with TSLRCM? I am not very well-learned on the nature of total conversion mods.

It's a total conversion mod! Everything that TSLRCM alters would be altered again . . . in favor of its new matrix. Think of it as moving an engine from one car's shell to another.

Aye, I figured.

It would be really cool if there was a way to create a new menu at game startup with two options:

• Play "The Sith Lords"
  • Play "The Jedi Masters"

But, since it has not been done, I can only assume that it is likely impossible, at least without major tinkering.

wooow! Just wow...... That is soo great!:thmbup1: And did i hear that right? Will there be fully voiced dialogue for EVERYONE? This is so awsome! I'm really looking forward to it!!:emodanc::nod::D

Edit: Oh, and another thing, you could reskin the green GUI to another colour like Logan23 and redrob41 are doing on RoR .....but i do not know if this is easy or very tough to do. You could alwayes ask them if you are intressed. :)

wooow! Just wow...... That is soo great!:thmbup1: And did i hear that right? Will there be fully voiced dialogue for EVERYONE? This is so awsome! I'm really looking forward to it!!:emodanc::nod::D

Edit: Oh, and another thing, you could reskin the green GUI to another colour like Logan23 and redrob41 are doing on RoR .....but i do not know if this is easy or very tough to do. You could alwayes ask them if you are intressed. :)

On the GUI could you make it red(sithish because of the theme of the mod) or silver?

On the GUI could you make it red(sithish because of the theme of the mod) or silver?

I actually tried turning it red for the 1.0 but it got very confusing when it came to combat since everything turns red there anyway. Maybe I could play around with different shades to make things stand out more.

Aye, I figured.

It would be really cool if there was a way to create a new menu at game startup with two options:

• Play "The Sith Lords"
  • Play "The Jedi Masters"

But, since it has not been done, I can only assume that it is likely impossible, at least without major tinkering.

There is a way you can get around this problem. The way I would do it is to make the pc spawn in a new module which you won't be able to see because a computer terminal style dialog will start when you enter. The dialog will pretty much ask you hey do you want to play The Sith Lords or The Jedi Master? Then whatever option you choose it will take you to the damaged Ebon Hawk or the first module of TJM.

There is a way you can get around this problem. The way I would do it is to make the pc spawn in a new module which you won't be able to see because a computer terminal style dialog will start when you enter. The dialog will pretty much ask you hey do you want to play The Sith Lords or The Jedi Master? Then whatever option you choose it will take you to the damaged Ebon Hawk or the first module of TJM.

Or you could install 2 copies of TSL; And, have one as TJM and the other remain normal. :) Sounds like it'll be cool.

So that's how. Surprisingly simple.

But then, I sort of like harIII's idea. It doesn't seem all that farfetched that one could put that sort of thing right after the character creation screen. Would be an interesting experiment.

Still, I guess the fact remains that making a Total Conversion such as this would still modify a lot of the files that TSLRCM would work with, unless it was comprised ENTIRELY of new modules and maybe even .2da's. But then, that doesn't sound impossible either...just time-consuming. In the case of the .2da's and dialog.tlk, wouldn't it just be a matter of taking the TSLRCM-modified ones and editing them for compatibility?

Sorry, I'm no modder, and I don't mean to demand anything. I'm just looking for clarification.

The only other question that I have is: are Total Conversion mods such as this compatible with other mods, such as rebalances and reskins?

To answer the first question, I believe it is impossible, but would be far more work than it would be worth.

To answer the second question, it honestly depends. The bigger the mod is, the greater chance of incompatibility. With total conversion mods, they are so great in their reach that so many effects can be changed.

Archived