Home

Ugh! Birthers....

Tommycat

So none of the birthers belief that Obama was not born in the United States comes has anything to do with race?

You cannot be serious.

Yes. I'm serious. The belief that he was not born in the US was politically motivated and supported. Now if you're asking if I believe that none of the birthers are racists, I'd say I'm sure there are racists. I don't like it but then I never thought too highly of the whole birther movement to begin with. I just don't believe that the whole motivation behind it was race.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I've said multiple times that I'm sure there are racists and that some are probably racist. I just feel that the whole thing has more to do with politics than race. You made it out like near 50% of the Republican party had to be racist to believe in that crap.

Lets see

you said:

According to that poll the Birthers have gain ground because only 57% of American (at the time the poll was taken) believed the setting President of the United States was born in America. Yeah, rasism is dead and buried in the United States.
That seemed to imply that in order to believe in the whole Birther thing you has to be racist.

then Tote said

Given the way it got some traction/focus in the '08 primary, I guess that means that the dems/left have to root out their own racism before finding it in others, though.

Then you said

Please show me where almost 50% of Dems/Left ever disbelieved the birth certificate released during the 2008 election? (hint they didn’t or Obama would not have gotten the Democratic nomination.

You injected racism here when the issue was primarily, I don't like <candidate x> from that other party.

Sorry still don't see where I wrote race was the whole motivations, but please keep trying if you like I find the trolling very flattering.

I do like how you leave out most of the post and only use the snippet that supports you perceived premise. You do know that I wrote the post and know the rest of what I wrote too?

You injected racism here when the issue was primarily,

I did charge racism because I know there is racism involved in 43% of Americans thinking Obama was not American Citizen despite government, court review and a perfectly legal birth certificate anyone can see. I did not say, write or imply it was the sole reason for the 43%.

I could bring up others if you would like, but the others are way more offensive than this one.

Still want to give the idiots credibility I see.

How so? I didn't say they were right. I just stated that they weren't likely to completely disappear for the aformentioned reason. I further stated that people should move on from the issue now that a long form has been produced. So, should I be flattered and assume you're trolling me? Also, I've never said racism is never a factor, just that the dems/libs overuse it vs their opponents....specifically the reps. :rolleyes:

Did I say you said it was the sole reason? I thought for sure I was saying that you were saying racism was the primary motivating factor. You did imply that it was racism that led to believing the birther thing. You also implied that the issue would have been DOA if the president had been white. Which is a huge presumption on your part. Unless you have some proof that another president had his origins in question at some point and it went away because he was white.

As I have said. Yes, there are racists who also believe it, but it is not the primary reason people believe it. The primary reason is they just don't like him.

@Tot - Sorry I was doing the same thing you and Tommycat have been doing to me and took acceptation to the use of “until.” It was just petty of me, never mind.

I was saying that you were saying racism was the primary motivating factor.
I did not say that, I said it was a motivation.

Just because you don't like someone does not mean you can ignore facts when they are staring you in the face. (talking about the Birthers here)

Guess you missed this post too.

never wrote that race was the entire motivation. :rolleyes:

Let's take the heat down a few notches, please, folks. We've got a little too much snarkiness going on here for the health of the topic and for pleasant discussion.

Re-read your posts and your responses to others' posts to make sure you haven't misunderstood and taken an argument in directions the person wasn't intending.

Joking about racism and making light of it is way too provocative here. I'm going to deem that off limits because it is creating too much negative emotion--I've been contacted about this particular issue already.

Thanks for working to keep it civil--I think it has merit as an interesting topic if we can keep the heat down.

Just because you don't like someone does not mean you can ignore facts when they are staring you in the face. (talking about the Birthers here)

I think I've been pretty clear that I don't like the birther argument... Considering that I started this bloody topic with the title "Ugh! Birthers..." I agree wholeheartedly that facts should not be ignored just because you don't like someone.

Guess you missed this post too.

Speaking of facts being ignored....

Oh well since I'm just a troll according to you, I think I'll be the bigger man and quit feeding the other troll.

You do know where Obama Bucks came from right?

No, I don't, but, then again, I tend to give this kind of thing the attention that I think it deserves.

It is from a Republican women's group from 2008 who thought this was good clean political fun. No racism here, no, no, no...

Neanderthals will be neanderthals, and you can't force a neanderthal to think and act like a homo sapiens.

You can mercilessly ridicule a person who insists on being a neanderthal in a homo sapiens' world, however. That level of stupidity thoroughly deserves it, and, besides, it's fun. :devsmoke:

ADDON: THIS picture is not directed at Q. It is direct at America being blind to racism in this day and age. I really hope Q or anyone else did not take that it was directed at Q. I publically apologize to Q if he took this as any criticism of him or his ideas. I think he knows me well enough to know I don’t judge people based on their political ideas or opinions.

There is absolutely no need to do this; at least where I'm concerned.

head-in-the-sand.jpg

Yeah, that's right. I'm merely following the advice of a gentleman whose talent, intelligence and wisdom have earned my deepest respect over the past 25 years:

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

If anyone is interested in Obama's opinion of Trump pushing the issue:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42848054#42848054

Personally, I feel like this is pretty much a non-issue at this point in time. I believe that Obama is a natural born American citizen and that a vocal minority has turned it into a media hoopla.

That entire speech was hilarious, in a good way. Anyone here who hasn't seen it should, at least the intro, which has American flags, eagles, explosions, Optimus Prime, and a birth certificate, with a musical accompaniment of "I am a real American". It also has a live video of Obama's birth.

Archived