Home

Star Wars: The Chronicles of Jebord Esio & Belcameron Cook (pre-ToR)

JebusJM

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone - I just fixed up the original post with all the changed plots/ideas. For the beta testing, I'm HOPING I'll be able to get it out to you all in a couple of days. The only things I have left to do are:

-The meeting with you, Belcameron, Hudson and Master Hanhar.

-Two small side quests for the random Jedi scattered throughout the Enclave.

-Fix some scripts and utc files.

-Polish all the dialogs.

I am going to retexture/reskin the Enclave, but that is going to wait till very last. I'll be honest, I have no experience whatsoever in custom texturing. At this point of the Enclave, there really isn't much for me left to show you without giving everything away before you even get a chance to play it. Don't worry, you'll be seeing the finished product (only the Enclave of course) by weeks end as there isn't really much left to do.

Thanks again for all your support, guys.

Sounds great!

I am going to retexture/reskin the Enclave, but that is going to wait till very last. I'll be honest, I have no experience whatsoever in custom texturing.

What I recommend and what works best for me is to use mostly textures that are already in the game. Take a peek through and see if there's anything that says "Theed" to you. I also like to use cgtextures.com. They are all free and I know for a fact that there are some Theed-like textures on there (stone, marble). Good luck!

Dak kindly offered to reskin the Enclave for me and I must say, the results are amazing. Check out this beautiful piece of work:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
swkotor-20110520-034623.png

swkotor-20110520-034705.png

swkotor-20110520-034708.png

swkotor-20110520-034734.png

Thanks yet again Dak!

I'll definitely be looking forward to the release and use of this mod.

You wont have to wait long. Before I started the mod, I wanted to release it in parts, so players would be able to play through each part while waiting for the next. The Enclave will be released under the name of "The Tale of Jebord Esio - Introduction". If you follow the main storyline and do nothing else, it will be about 10-15 minutes playing time. With all the side quests and exploration, you'll gain about a good 30 mins hopefully. Due to the weekend coming up, you should expect to see a release by early next week if beta testing flows nicely.

Thanks again for everyones support.

Just a little update; progress was really slow across the weekend, like expected, but I've at least managed to get most of the scripts done and polished. Beta versions will be sent out to the beta testers in the next 24 hours for sure and hopefully it will be available publicly in a few days.

Beta's have been sent out to those chosen. Depending on when they all get back to me, is when you'll be able to download it publicly. I would like to take this chance to thank everyone who has made this mod possible. The scripters who have cured my headaches, the skinner who made my mod look better than anything I could have done, the file editors that have pointed me in the right direction. It's all been appreciated.

Since I posted on the intro release I thought I should stop my lurking and actually comment on your wip.

As I said before very nice job. I really like the idea of releasing it in installments/chapters.

Once the plot is 100% done I think it would be amazing if you release it a one big mod (which I think you said you would do) which has some easter eggs that were not in the chapters.

I was actually planning to release it as a whole once everything is done. Thanks again for the posts Rinku, much appreciated. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone will be seeing any progress until early next week :( Weekends are always too busy for me + it's the girlfriends birthday today, so I'll try and pop in when I can. But I will definitely make sure to post some screenshots by Monday (or possibly even before then :)).

Update:

The next part of the mod is now officially in production. You, Hudson and Belcameron will travel to Kashyyyk to find a way to infiltrate the Sith. No screenhots yet, but here is a list of what's being placed in the module so far:

Creatures/NPC's: 53

Placeables: 4

Waypoints: 2

I'm having my first crack at waypoints tonight. Will post screenshots as soon as the module looks good :)

A small set of screenshots:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
swkotor-20110530-211644.png

A wookiee concentration camp:

swkotor-20110530-211616.png

And be sure to keep an eye out of this girl, she may play an important role in the mod:

swkotor-20110530-211716.png

Archived