Home

The Old Republic for Dummies

mimartin

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I tried my first lvl 55 HMFP, was Mando Raiders.

I was on my commando who is the best geared and the healer. After the 3rd wipe I politely dropped out saying hopefully you guys can find a better healer than me.

I wasn't geared high enough for this I figured out the hard way. Noone tried to tell me before we started even tho I said this is my first time doing one of these. Got no words of encouragement or even one of them telling me I wasn't geared for it.

Instead I got chewed out by the slinger dps while the guardian tank and vangaurd dps said nothing. It was after the slinger said are you even trying to heal and wow thanks after he died that I decided to drop out. Noone tried to keep the adds off of me so when the dogs were knocking me around everywhere breaking my heals they just stayed on the boss.

Needless to say I was bummed out and discouraged and changed my healer spec back to dps. Same thing happend to me when I first got my tionese gear and thought I could heal Kaon Under Siege HM. At least that group was nice and even said the problem was I was undergeared for it to try it again after I got a little bit better gear.

But anyways thats my sad story for the weekend lol

The new 55 HMFP are a pain. We wiped a few time even on guild runs with me healing and I was in full 63 gear. In my opinion SM TfB and the first 4 bosses of SM S&V are easier to heal than the HM 55 FPs.

Also if they were attacking the boss instead of the adds, then the failure is DPS, not yours. Before I got a little 69 gear, I was only doing these with people in our guild and they all know kill order and to keep stuff off the healer, not saying I don’t get touched, but when they see a healers health dropping they come running.

I love healing, I take responsibly, deserved or not, for every wipe no matter what role I am playing, so healer is right up my alley, but in reality group content is group content. Usually a wipe involves more than one factor that caused the group to fail. By the sound of it, you may have been a little undergeared and unsure of all the mechanics, compound that with DPS with gold fever instead of following proper kill order and that spells a wipe.

You’re talking about The Beast of Vodal Kressh? Yeah, the adds should be tanked and killed before the boss. So you did not fail beyond you were not so overgeared to make up for idiots that have no clue how to play group content.

My suggestion 2 fold 1). Read Dulfy walkthrough on the 4 new HM 55 flashpoints and 2) make your first run through with people in your guild (if you are in a guild) or with friends. http://dulfy.net/category/swtor/

I love healing, I take responsibly, deserved or not, for every wipe no matter what role I am playing, so healer is right up my alley

You’re talking about The Beast of Vodal Kressh? Yeah, the adds should be tanked and killed before the boss. So you did not fail beyond you were not so overgeared to make up for idiots that have no clue how to play group content.

My suggestion 2 fold 1). Read Dulfy walkthrough on the 4 new HM 55 flashpoints and 2) make your first run through with people in your guild (if you are in a guild) or with friends. http://dulfy.net/category/swtor/

I am the same way, I will take responsibilty for a wipe even if I think something is not my fault. And it was the first boss in Mando Raiders, the guy with the 2 Akk dogs.

As for guild I dropped out of my guild a while back when I realized they were more pvp oriented than OP oriented. My usual running buddy I do these things with is having computer issues so I am running solo right now trying to do what I can.

I will read the dulfy bit. thanks for the link.

Hey Eefluxx don't feel bad, our guild master and the 2nd best player I know, not going to say who I consider the best, Mav may be a big head, anyways Seijin got in a random group last night with a tank in dps gear and ended up quitting the group. Even he couldn't outheal the content to make up for idiots. :xp:

So, I'm having this issue:

Screenshot_2013-05-07_00_51_50_215172_zps8c6993e0.jpg

I'm doing the last Commando class quest line on Hoth, and my companion (Elara) can't seem to cross the invisible wall she seems to see. What do? I've tried un-summoning / summoning and completely resetting the quest to no avail. Really, really irritating since It's the last one before I leave the planet.

Yeah I tried doing that too but she still stays put, which made me have to back up to her so I could get healed.

And yes all the other companions are affected as well... we'll see what the GM's have to say about it when I log in.

I've had this issue on Makeb during one of the Weekly missions. At the last room I had to defeat an elite, but Mako didn't want to enter the room. Same with HK-51. I had to back up as well for them to be useful. I did it again yesterday and didn't have that problem anymore (used Torian). Either they fixed it or I did something different, I have no clue.

Dismiss go into the room, then call her...At least that is how I got it to work.

I tried that today, and she actually appears right outside the edge of where the door formerly was.

Out of ideas at this point to be honest... if I don't get it to work somehow I'll have to abandon my Commando and just start leveling my Sniper on the EU side.

To hell with abandoning, put in a ticket...then work on sniper until they get that fixed.

I did that a long time ago, and no response. Back in my World of Warcraft days it took mere minutes for a GM to answer....

Or ask someone to help out?

Like?

So I finished Makeb with my gunslinger and ran the staged weekly and some of the dailies. Mob after mob after mob.

My Commando still needs to finish Makeb and I need to start with my other toons.

But gearwise I have noticed my cybertech can make the 28 gear. Yet the mods you get from the gear in the basic comms are different. IE you can get Adept mod 28 but your cyber only gets a schem for 28A which is more towards you main stat and less for power or crit. (I can't remember which it is for Adept off the top of head).

It seems the gear you get with the basic comms is more towards endurance than main stat. Should I still be stacking main stat above everything else even if it means sacrificing power and crit.

Like for my sorc I made a bunch of resolve armor 28's purple and the 2 mods that give you power or crit but the mods you get from the basic gear vendor when you buy the gear give you less willpower by like 20 but more power or crit by like 20.

Would it be better to use the mods they give you instead of swapping out and using augments to replace the willpower you could have gotten?

Archived