Home

TSL:The Night and Day Mod

Fair Strides 2

How long should the transition take for night to day and vice-versa?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How long should the transition take for night to day and vice-versa?

• 5-10 minutes
    • 15 minutes
    • 20-30 minutes
    • Any amount of time afterwards...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Extracted From DeadlyStreams Post:

Been making some good progress on the mod. FairStrides is unfortunately without internet until further notice, so as it stands, we'll need some coding and scripting to get the .tga's to time properly and/or allow more advanced features such as dynamic time progression in cells and time-based sound effects.

I am still working as hard as I can on the texture generation as of late, but I have a small problem that requires the input of the community; Are the texture dimensions 3072x2048 too large for the game engine to handle? My computer seems to be having difficulty processing it, but I need to know to be sure.

Basically if this is the case, I'll have to downgrade from 24 hours (24 frames) to 12. (or lower if need be :|)

Aanyway, I have a few screenshots of some work I've done on the Dantooine skybox including a morning, evening, day, and night. (Images are in the normal progression from day through to night) The images were also taken before I had properly timed the lightmaps to animate slower, so some darker parts have a lighter sidewalk :raise:

There are actually more phases, but I didn't want to bog my Kotor folder with extra images just to show all 24.

KotOR0022.jpg

KotOR0024.jpg

KotOR0025.jpg

KotOR0001.jpg

KotOR0006.jpg

KotOR0018.jpg

KotOR0016.jpg

Also, I'll be varying the saturation of some of the slides, but the images are for the overall look and not bonafide realism...yet.

looks great.

The only thing I see is the night time with the star map- it looks like your in outer-space.

I would say- look at these images below

Mainly the number of stars is what i believe is creating the image of the planet has not atmosphere.

From looking at the images I posted. It looks like the sky line/horizon as a glow. This and a few less stars might help.

keep up the great work

http://www.dimijianimages.com/More-p20-Madagascar-p7/night-sky-from-Madagascar-gallery.htm

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fNA3tSDc8oM/T9YWnJaoJAI/AAAAAAAAALw/EaTlqbHqq1A/s1600/Spruce-knob-night-sky-5%5B1%5D.jpg

http://img.ezinemark.com/imagemanager2/files/30002494/2010/08/2010-08-14-13-59-13-3-night-sky-in-grazalema-in-the-south-of-spain.jpeg

Thank You both for your kind words.

Also I appreciate the information about night skies having at least some ambient light. I've lived in urban areas for most of my life, so I typically imagine an unspoiled night sky as being all-but spotless blackness with an overbearing amount of stars. I'll definitely use those references to good effect!:thmbup1:

Amazing concept/idea dude ... really ... :woo:

looks great so far ... now ... how many textures are we talking about here?

additional textures besides the default game ones I mean? how heavy, I wonder?? :raise:

keep up the awesome work :clap2:

P.S. by the way, 15 minutes transition for me, already voted

Archived