Home

TSL:The Night and Day Mod

Fair Strides 2

How long should the transition take for night to day and vice-versa?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How long should the transition take for night to day and vice-versa?

• 5-10 minutes
    • 15 minutes
    • 20-30 minutes
    • Any amount of time afterwards...

This thread is to announce, not a request, but an actual work in progress. I got some jedi insight :D when thinking about that Nar Shadaa Skybox mod that made it "Day".

Then, I contacted Mandalore at Deadlystream to chat it up. If he can get the scripts to function, it's up to me to do the skins for each planet. Right now it's for TSL only, because the only skies I can find in K1 in KotorTool are Taris and Tatooine.

I'm here at LF both to inform you of the current work-in-progress and to ask for your opinions on what to skin in for each planet, suggestions on how you would like something done, and to ask any modeler's who see this to contact me if they think they can help me with something that I need/want done for this mod.

Here's a look at Korriban (though I need to blend the sky better. In-game you can visibly see where the color changes hue/shade.):

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
KORsky01forK2.jpg

Really?! Thanks! In K2, the skies are in the ERF texture packs, and right Under the letter that sky's planet is. In K1, I couldn't find them.

K2 names most texture files for planets starting with a abbreviation of the planet name. K1's area textures are all under the 'L' menu, labeled as:

LDA - Dantooine

LKO - Korriban

LHR - Endar Spire

LTR - Taris

LTA - Tatooine

LSI - Sith Base/Leviathan

LMA - Manaan

LKA - Kashaayyk(Skybox labeled 'trees')

LRK/LUN - Unknown World

LSF - Star Forge

LYV - Yavin

K2 names most texture files for planets starting with a abbreviation of the planet name. K1's area textures are all under the 'L' menu, labeled as:

LDA - Dantooine

LKO - Korriban

LHR - Endar Spire

LTR - Taris

LTA - Tatooine

LSI - Sith Base/Leviathan

LMA - Manaan

LKA - Kashaayyk(Skybox labeled 'trees')

LRK/LUN - Unknown World

LSF - Star Forge

LYV - Yavin

Thank You! I'll release TSL when it's done, then K1, then a compilation.

I agree that kotor should have had day night cycles, but will this only happen when you're in the module, so that when you leave/reenter it will reset? I think that the cycle should go on for a longer period of time, say 30mins, but continue to cycle while you're not in the module. Also, they would all need to start at the same time, and go at the same rate, otherwise you might get a situation where, on tatooine, anchorhead is in night, but the dune sea is in daylight, which obviously wouldn't make sense.

Anyway good luck and I for one will be a definate downloader

What are you doing about the lightmaps? Wont it still appear light even if the textures show its night?

I thought about this and am definitely open to suggestions.

Also, can somebody give me some help for Manaan? I got a real nice sunset going in Photoshop, but in-game it won't appear. Here is an image of the sunset:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Manaan.jpg

In-game, the only thing I see is possibly a green film on the horizon.

Also, in reply to the other comments, I could do something that could be seen as being a jerk to Mandalore or overly thorough. In some EU books after Episode 6, Dark Force Rising to be exact, it mentions "Point five past lightspeed" in hyperspace. That equals out to 450,000 km per second. Also in the EU, in the Black Fleet Crisis trilogy, Lando mentions the galaxy as being 20,000 lightyears across. I can do the math, scale it onto the Galaxy map, and then give the figure for the travel time between planets.

I was thinking more of the lines that the Malachor V skybox is animated - and it show lightning flashes in it. If you're thinking about adding day and night cycles, how will you deal with having lightning occur during the day. Also, does Malachor V even need a daylight cycle as too much light might spoil the spookiness of the set.

I was thinking more of the lines that the Malachor V skybox is animated - and it show lightning flashes in it. If you're thinking about adding day and night cycles, how will you deal with having lightning occur during the day. Also, does Malachor V even need a daylight cycle as too much light might spoil the spookiness of the set.

Now, I wasn't actually going to brighten Malachor up, just sharpen it a little bit. Also, that animation thing wouldn't happen to be the issue for Manaan' ocean, would it? I saw mention of animations and skyboxes concerning Telos a while back to support that.

Archived