• Ultimate Saber Mod 2
    • Masters of TSL
    • Advanced System Lightsabers
    • Community Lightsaber Project
    • Other

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I could always rig an extra 20 if you think it should release with more, lol.

Well, ..lol, thing is I think I'm running out of double-bladed models to use since I always seemed to make single-bladed more often. T'was easier.

Ah, no need to, KDJ. Eventually, maybe (big maybe) I'll get around to converting all of your hilts to saber console. I'm sure it'll still take a hella long time to run them all through the replacer, but still. There are still ways I could streamline my saber tool to make it easier (at least in terms of generating UTI files).

As a side note, I have the utis for your single sabers done (the items). All I need now is to make the hilts, and then do the same for the doublesabers.

And then add them all to the dlg. And then copy the icons for them all. And add them all to the upcrystals.2da

• 2 months later...

It shouldn't be hard to make it with TSLPatcher.

If you have a mod that doesn't.

Make the set up with the change.ini info.rtf tslpatchdata folder

Add everything in and use the ChangeEdit.exe to modify the changes ini file

Then edit to install files to override.

Run TSLPatcher and your set togo.

(I've done this for 3 mods i got that did not have tslpatcher and yay it worked)

@redrob41

OMG those double saber hilts are amazing *-*

*drool* :F

Very small request.

Black Lightsaber Crystal (black core with white shimmer)

Pink Saber Crystal

And 2 single hilts from TFU

The one from the Jedi Ceremonial Robe (http://goo.gl/0VvmC8)

and the hilt you get from wearing the Sith Stalker outfit. (http://goo.gl/bLHCTG)

Black Lightsaber crystal is... hard to do. It's possible, but it looks ****ty.

Pink Saber Crystal is included.

Don't know if any more saber hilts will be included. I'm working on just getting them out.

I'm making the tools first though.

It'd be pretty easy to do yourself. Take the black saber texture files and just rename it to that of the color you want replaced. It won't look too professional as all the saber icons will still be the original color (unless you want to do a similar process with those)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm going to run through the sabers again so I can test out how well my Duplisaber installer does.

The past couple weeks I've been looking into GFF and 2DA parsing which ultimately gives me a ton more flexibility when it comes to making this mod.

In fact, I might even be able to make a mod manager/installer to go with this. It's going to be way easier than using TSLPatcher, that's for sure... :/

Before I go and redo this stuff though, I need to know what we can settle on for colors. It's easy to duplicate and make each variation, but to add one color means I have to go through and run EVERY file through Duplisaber again.

Here's where I'm at for colors:

Blue

Red

Green

Yellow

Purple

Bronze

Orange

Cyan - Light Blue (color of Cyan in the game)

Viridian - Silvery Turquoise

Silver - Silvery Cyan

Magenta - Vivid Pink

LightGreen - Yellow Green

Turquouise - Bluish Green

Indigo - Dark Purple

Crimson - Silvery Red

White - Just white

Amethyst - Silvery Purple

Seem alright for colors? More? Do you want as many as Crixler had planned (30?)

I think what you have now is fine. The Basic Colors and then their "Silvery" counterparts. Also, will Viridian be just a higher quality of the Viridian present in game as that's what I'm hoping for cause it's easily my favorite color for sabers.

Viridian will be closer to its actual color. Emerald will be the 'old' Viridian since that particular color is much closer to emerald.

How much more work would it be to do all of Crixler's colors?

I mean, really, just make the icons (Hilt and Saber) and the saber texture colors and just make sure they match in terms of color (somewhat).

Viridian will be closer to its actual color. Emerald will be the 'old' Viridian since that particular color is much closer to emerald.

I mean, really, just make the icons (Hilt and Saber) and the saber texture colors and just make sure they match in terms of color (somewhat).

Oh alright cool, I didn't see Emerald + description in the list so I assumed that color wouldn't be included.

Would it be possible to first release what you have planned right now and then if there is a demand for it, make the rest of the colors as a addon/patch or give permission to someone else to make add the colors?

Oh alright cool, I didn't see Emerald + description in the list so I assumed that color wouldn't be included.

Would it be possible to first release what you have planned right now and then if there is a demand for it, make the rest of the colors as a addon/patch or give permission to someone else to make add the colors?

It's certainly possible. It's just slightly annoying to have to run installers several times to get things installed.

But I can make it so that it's easy to install.

So I'll give the expanded colors a shot after the first release.

• 2 weeks later...

I've released an alpha so I don't throw my life away working on this non-stop. Always seems like there are more things to work on...

19 Colors

61 Hilts (and more on the way)

Creating a lightsaber is easy

1. Go to the Workbench and choose "Use Saber Console"

2. Choose create a hilt, pick the hilt model and color

3. Add the hilt into the crystal slot of any upgradeable lightsaber.

DeadlyStream

Mediafire

(for those of you without DS accounts)

The whole thing is a big "work in progress", hence the "alpha"

There are a lot of unfinished things in there, but if I missed anything, let me know.

I'm going to roll out an update soon.

Updates include

• Patching holes left in the alpha
  • A "smart" installer that will delete old rows and avoid duplicates
  • Support for Short sabers
  • A Crystal supply Shop
  • Saber Console Tutorial
  • More sabers!

I already have added Double Saber hilts from HOTOR, and I'm adding in OldFlash's short saber hilt mod. Future prospects include, Darth Deadman's Saber Pikes, any Quanon hilts, any missing USM hilts up to and including movie and Expanded Universe hilts (let's face it, people love 'em)

With this next release will come probably the Official release. I've decided to go with the name "nxSaber Mod" mostly because it sounds cool, hopefully will get people's attention and is a math equation where n == a constant, x == number of colors and well. you get the idea.I'm going to roll out an update soon.

Archived