• Ultimate Saber Mod 2
    • Masters of TSL
    • Advanced System Lightsabers
    • Community Lightsaber Project
    • Other

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More colors is always a good thing. I read somewhere that people become happier when getting to choose their own color palette.

Also, I don't like the Song Name mash up title, it's too... Rap for my tastes. I'd go with either the Community one, or what the poster was actually leaning toward and calling it Masters of TSL. That name would hook me in a heartbeat.

Funny you say that since I was referencing an entirely different musical genre lol!

Here's a preview for my part of the mod, modelwise. Not as highpoly as above and differant; but that's a good thing isn't it? ;)

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

ibk5.jpg

If only I were mildly imaginative or creative, I could probably make masterpieces like those. Alas, I am not. So I am content to making other people's creativity into masterpieces :p

So, my progress on hilts continues, I've finished and shipped over two hilts over to VP for rigging:

Acheron (from the sadly now-defunct randomsabers), sitting at the slightly-higher range of ~1100

Show spoiler
9as5x7T.png

(I may make a modification on the texture, simply to make the shading a little crisper, like the one below, but this is the general idea)

Guardian (2/3 of Brood's designs, Consular is in progress), sitting at a comfortable 500

Show spoiler
z53b2Yc.png

So, as I go through my library of stuff, I've found a small collection of ~quality~ lightsabers, that I simply have to optimize, map, texture, and ship over to VP. The only one that will be freshly modeled will be Consular (which will probably take the longest to finish, as well). By my projections, you've seen about half of my contribution to the mod, give or take. I'll keep you good people updated on when I finish what. I hope to have this all finished sometime in the middle of next week, though a more realistic expectation would probably be before next weekend. If I can finish sooner, great, as that would likely mean a faster release.

Excellent work, Q!

Try to keep the poly counts on the low side. 1000 - 1500 polys for a more artistic saber is just fine, but I've been keeping normalish sabers in the 300 - 700 range.

That said, hilts are amazing. Any name ideas for the hilts?

I'm guessing that these Quanon hilts would have way too many polys for your mod, VP?

Show spoiler

juhanisabtexrend001.jpg

juhanisabtexrend002.jpg

juhanisabtexrend003.jpg

juhanisabtexrend004.jpg

juhanisabtexrend005.jpg

Show spoiler
juhanisabdsrend001.jpg

juhanisabdsrend002.jpg

juhanisabdsrend01a.jpg

I'm guessing that these Quanon hilts would have way too many polys for your mod, VP?

~~Omitted for brevity~~

I'll just put a warning in the UTI description ;).

Holowan Saber Masters' Mod?

Holowan Hilt Masters' Mod? = HHMM

Holowan Saber Masters sounds good. References the talent of the modder's and the in-game jedi who wield them.

Nicely done, RedRob.

More colors is always a good thing. I read somewhere that people become happier when getting to choose their own color palette.

Speaking of colors, I have 16 total colors that covers (generally) the colors of the rainbow and then a few 'silvery' colors.

Magenta
Red
Orange
Yellow
YellowishGreen (LightGreen)
Green
Turquoise
Cyan
Blue
Indigo
Violet
White (just a white blade)

Bronze is silvery orange/yellow
Viridian is silvery green.
Silver is silvery blue
Crimson is silvery red
Amethyst is silvery violet/purple/whatever

The reason I arrived at these colors is generally because Crixler wanted to make a total of 30 color variations originally. That would have been alright, except for a lot of the colors in between were hard to tell apart.

For instance, Crixler would have Orange, Amber, Yellow and greenish Yellow. Orange and Amber were kinda hard to tell apart imo...

Sounds good to me. It is a small thing, however, I would like to see darker versions of the three original colors, Blue, Yellow and Green, for use as a Darkside player without having to default to Red all the time. I know I can choose whatever I want any time I play the game, but a Darker Forest Green would look BA on my Sith Lord, imo. Not that I'm requesting it, mind you, just commenting. I can be completely happy with those colors. :)

You rock for including Indigo, das my favoriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite. Well, you rock for a lot of other reasons, as well, but... especially this one. Haha.

I like Holowan Hilt Masters better than Holowan Saber Masters, but in acronym form HSM looks better than HHM - plus it's a complete saber mod, not just a hilt mod.

TriggerGod, your hilt recreations are sex.

Sweeeeeet!! More colors are always awesome! Reminds of the various colors in TFU II.

Beautiful. Truly.

Might I request of you trig to try these:

https://www.saberforge.com/elite-hilts/gladius-saber

https://www.saberforge.com/crystal-sabers/descent-saber

I was going to do em myself for this but uhhh my models are pretty bad so I'm sure you guys could do much better than I could.

Those look amazing! My favorites the "Descent" one.

Beautiful. Truly.

Might I request of you trig to try these:

https://www.saberforge.com/elite-hilts/gladius-saber

https://www.saberforge.com/crystal-sabers/descent-saber

I was going to do em myself for this but uhhh my models are pretty bad so I'm sure you guys could do much better than I could.

Looking at these, I've decided that my input in the mod will be limited to 9 lightsabers. A hilt that symbolizes best the "spirit" of each force classes (3 bases, and 6 prestiges). Sentinel is a more technical, elaborate design, but still combat-ready. Guardian is sleeker, more combat practical and combat-worn (to the best of my texturing abilities, heh). Consular will be similarly sleek, but more elegant, something more ceremonial than combat ready.

Which means that the remaining 6 will build on these. Descent and Gladius will be included as the Sith Marauder and the Jedi Master hilts, respectively. Descent for the menacing, heavy-handed design. Gladius for the unassuming, humble design. Acheron, I think, would suit the Jedi Watchman design, being a more technical, but practical design. It looks pretty, and is fairly simple enough to make a repair to in the middle of whatever planet a Watchman is stationed, if needed.

The remaining lightsabers will be fit as best as possible to the spirit of the Weaponmaster (possibly an extravagant double-blade), the Assassin (dark and sleek, something possibly shorter and would be easy to conceal) and the Lord (menacing and ceremonial).

Thoughts?

Magenta
Red
Orange
Yellow
YellowishGreen (LightGreen)
Green
Turquoise
Cyan
Blue
Indigo
Violet
White (just a white blade)

Bronze is silvery orange/yellow
Viridian is silvery green.
Silver is silvery blue
Crimson is silvery red
Amethyst is silvery violet/purple/whatever

I'd just like to make a small request (In fact I could probably just do this on my own once the mod is released since it's just a matter of renaming the files last time I checked) but could these colors also be released for KotOR 1?

If only I were mildly imaginative or creative, I could probably make masterpieces like those. Alas, I am not. So I am content to making other people's creativity into masterpieces :p

I'm dead jealous on your very clean wireframes. All those nice Quads. I never practiced enough to get a good grasp on that stuff in 3D. So I sort of go with the flow. Getting messy meshes :lol:

Excellent work, Q!

That said, hilts are amazing. Any name ideas for the hilts?

Thx! I consider these to be LS hilts. Third will be named Lilly. I have another older hilt model named Rosey. I got flora motif :lol:

The others are far more conservative. Along the lines of Virtious Justice. Or Righteschness Cleaver Beast :lol:

Got some thinking work to do!

1. How'd you get that long twist in the first one?

2. Oh, I just love that third one, Q!

Max has some very easy to use modifiers; one of them is named Twist. So it just twists a mesh. You have few options to play around with to get a nice effect.

Hahaha, those beasts have close to 3000polyies x-D

And, they're used in another mod. Redrob is putting in the finishing touches on that one.

I'd just like to make a small request (In fact I could probably just do this on my own once the mod is released since it's just a matter of renaming the files last time I checked) but could these colors also be released for KotOR 1?

Yeah, sadly that won't happen so easily. Not only will that involve converting all of the models to be compatible with K1, because the dialog files run differently, I have would have to do just an insane amount of scripts. Thankfully I can send parameters through the .dlg in K2 which cuts down on the scripting a whole lot l.

Also renaming will be fun unless you have a bulk renamer program. We're talking 1000+ files when we're done.

If you mean just releasing the standard hilts in the new colors that's extremely easy.

Not as cool as Trig or Quanon's sabers, but I redid the bottom half of Sion's Lightsaber. It now has grips based on a few screenshots of TFU Sion. Upper half is still designed to be similar to this here:

DarthSion.jpg

Show spoiler
FMNV4Rh.png

Also, I decided to take a shot at a famous saber hilt that back in my early days here, it seemed like every modder was trying to make one of these hilts. Well now I've got mine.

Model is still a little pink, but see if you can guess whose hilt that is

Show spoiler
m20kq6U.png

Yeah, sadly that won't happen so easily. Not only will that involve converting all of the models to be compatible with K1, because the dialog files run differently, I have would have to do just an insane amount of scripts. Thankfully I can send parameters through the .dlg in K2 which cuts down on the scripting a whole lot l.

Also renaming will be fun unless you have a bulk renamer program. We're talking 1000+ files when we're done.

If you mean just releasing the standard hilts in the new colors that's extremely easy.

I meant just the saber color .tgas

I thought those textures worked for both games since that what I did with DarthJacen's Retextures.

Basically I just want the colors to match when I switch between the games. :p

I meant just the saber color .tgas

I thought those textures worked for both games since that what I did with DarthJacen's Retextures.

Basically I just want the colors to match when I switch between the games. :p

Oh yeah. You can do that. Duplisaber will still be helpful though.

If I get all the kinks worked out maybe I'll release it.

Steam Sale has really taken a hit on my productivity as of late, but I've finally finished(?) Consular.

Show spoiler
O3xB90S.png

Upper range, with a 1100 polycount.

I'm not particularly happy with how the leather "grip" worked out, but it's suitable for now. I suppose this will be a viable final; any changes will be made before I ship it off with the rest of the hilts to VP

As for classes, here is the lowdown: the 3 main class lightsaber have been crafted, along with the Watchman lightsaber; The Marauder and Master hilts were picked out by Candy; I've picked out the Weaponmaster lightsaber (lightened-up version of this), the Assassin hilt (Daemon, from the defunct randomsabers), and the Lord hilt (this).

By lightened-up I'm guessing you mean single-bladed instead of double?

No, as in it is a little too dark for my tastes. A weaponmaster is one who deals with exotic weaponry... such as a double blade, in kotor. There isn't much room for other exotic weaponry with the engine, to the best of my knowledge.

A dark design wouldn't normally be bad, so I might make it darker than the rest of the ones I've designed, but not as dark as in the source material. Especially since it was designed to be the lightsaber of a Sith Lord OC.

No, as in it is a little too dark for my tastes. A weaponmaster is one who deals with exotic weaponry... such as a double blade, in kotor. There isn't much room for other exotic weaponry with the engine, to the best of my knowledge.

A dark design wouldn't normally be bad, so I might make it darker than the rest of the ones I've designed, but not as dark as in the source material. Especially since it was designed to be the lightsaber of a Sith Lord OC.

So is the Sith Marauder also going to have a double bladed lightsaber? Since it's the equivalent of a weaponmaster.

Archived