Home

The One Year Thread 2015: The Forum Awakens

Keyan Farlander

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did my 2 miles today, im so out of shape in the running area...i hate that...21 minute 2 mile come on. :( guess i'll go back to running every other day so i don't blow a kneecap or inflame my achilles bursitis or whatever the **** any further. /annoyed

Battle of the bands tonight... beyond Thunderdome. 7 bands enter... one band leaves.

I think they should fight it out gladiator style and the last 5 musicians left alive will be forced to become a band. Even if it's 4 drummers and a bassist.

Spring break next week. Whoot.

I just got back from seeing Masaaki Suzuki conduct the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra in Mozart's Great Mass in C minor, Violin Concerto No. 5 (Augustin Hadelich), and overture to Don Giovanni. It was wonderful. Suzuki really knew what to do with this music, and the soloists were all excellent.

over spring break, i'm going to break out my guitar and practice with some youtube videos. It's a shame i bought it nearly a year ago, and don't even know how to play it.

Going to do that, i might go to comic book store in town and get some Star Wars comics as well...i'd like to get back into reading star wars...the old EU anyway...might go on amazon and get the whole xwing series, bounty hunter wars, new jedi order series, thrawn trilogy, etc. just to pick up on some ideas for SWG roleplaying. i'm so ****ing happy that SWGEMU works. If anyone here wants to join me and do some group hunting, add Kioet as friend. :) I'm going Ranger/Bounty Hunter! Planning on joining the Galactic Empire eventually...once I get 4x4x on my Ranger.

R15, get the graphic novels of the comics. You get all the content ad free and even the cover art is showcased without the lettering. This is what I have been doing peacemeal. I really enjoyed the Legacy of the Jedi series, KotOR and Dark Empire. KorOR The X-wing series is okay, but not what i consider "The good stuff"

.... I may or may not have just spent 200$USD on a lightsaber.

http://www.saberforge.com/elite-sabers/epoch-saber

I may or may not have bought that one.

I have most, of the Star Wars novels (Now considered "Legacy" by the Mouse and not cannon).

Thrawn trilogy is one of the best. I'm a fighter jock at heart though, and I did appreciate the entire X-Wing Series. I, Jedi is pretty good if you are a fan of Corran Horn.

Depends on when it's set. It could be going over the period between ESb and RotJ (which invalidates Shadows of the Empire) or just after Endor.

Hell, it could be after the new movie takes place..... so... *shrug*

But, us flyboys finally get to shine in Star Wars on the big screen. :D

R15, get the graphic novels of the comics. You get all the content ad free and even the cover art is showcased without the lettering. This is what I have been doing peacemeal. I really enjoyed the Legacy of the Jedi series, KotOR and Dark Empire. KorOR The X-wing series is okay, but not what i consider "The good stuff"

are there any comics that focus more on the empire/imperials?

Dark Empire is the closest one. There is really no Empire version of X-wing at all. Except the series that had Fel in it.

There is the new Darth Vader comic that came out, post ANH time frame

There are many other comics done with Darth Vader, but I cannot vouch for them as i have never read them. Five Days of Sith, Cry of shadows, 9th assassin, Ghost prison, and Lost command

i reserve the fanboy squealing about the movie until more details are available

for all we know it could be Space Above and Beyond which gives us hope about space fighter pilots and instead gave us ground pounding

I, too, was disappointed with the ground pounding in that series. They took to the skies in the first episode, and then it was as if they were trying to emulate Starship Troopers the rest of the time.

Otherwise, I loved Space Above and Beyond. :max: Semper Fi!

also, ran the 2 miler after drinking 2 beers right before. :) time wasn't that great, but considering it was very hilly and my shoes aren't all the way broken in yet, and i had alcohol and wasn't hydrated...a time of 19:40 wasn't too bad. haha had dogs and little kids and old peoples passing me!

Archived