Home

a comprehensive collection of all LucasArts background art (1987-2000)

JPL

4 hours ago, JPL said:

I was curious if the PDF specs support embedded PNGs with indexed color specifically (the PNGs in the sample you gave were RGB, afaict) - according to this page they do - because IMO it's important to hold onto that for uses like color cycling and palette swaps (see below).

When I open the PDF in Photoshop, I can choose to open individual images from it. And all images show up with indexed palettes.

Regarding the CRT filter, doing this via the web could be a challenging project if someone hasn’t already built it, but you could just take a second set of screenshots via something like ShaderGlass on the desktop. It would be a one-off pain but then would allow for easy viewing on any device. Perhaps an on/off setting next to the pictures.

This is obviously getting quite ambitious but could be iterated on over time, and Mojo has plenty of people who are good at this sort of thing. I have let my best people (Remi) know about the potential interest in hosting and/or implementation.

ScummVM has different shaders for CRT overlays or dither removal. But I don't know if these could be leveraged on a web page.

Apart from that, though, it's trivial to just batch-apply a CRT filter to all files (or run them through other tools for some fancier cathode ray simulation).

Edited by Laserschwert

1 hour ago, Laserschwert said:

ScummVM has different shaders for CRT overlays or dither removal. But I don't know if these could be leveraged on a web page.

Apart from that, though, it's trivial to just batch-apply a CRT filter to all files (or run them through other tools for some fancier cathode ray simulation).

A basic example of that here https://skynetde.github.io/scummvm-shader-comparison/

• Chef's Kiss 1

6 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

When I open the PDF in Photoshop, I can choose to open individual images from it. And all images show up with indexed palettes.

That probably just means the program I used to extract the PNG was converting it then, that's good to know!