Home

Your Favorite Non-LucasArts Adventure Games

Bobbin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked Riven even though I sucked at it and didn't complete it. Not an "adventure game" per se but it was definitely a well thoought out complex as all hell puzzle. Aside from the exceptionally high learning curve at the start of the game it was superbly desgined.

Myst III seemed sort of cobbled together and I didnt play it much at all.

Originally posted by The Adventurer

(I can't believe no ones metioned Zork yet!)

I played Zork II and Grand Inquisitor, but I didn't really like them that much.

Myst three was totally thrown together and wasn't that good at all. That reminds me, I need to finish it!

Journeyman Series is my favorite non-Lucasarts games Adventure series of all time. I love those games!

Originally posted by dark spirit

Simon 3D isn't out yet is it? If it is where have I been!

hehe, i don't know where you've been if you hadn't heard about simon 3d but it probably involves caves below the surface of the earth.

but for the love of all things adventure, if you liked simon 1 + 2 then dont, for pities sake, get 3

Originally posted by Natty

Lesuire Suit Larry 3

Legend Of Kyrandia

The Sims

Wolfenstien

Prince Of Persia

It did say "adventure games" - for instance thoes are classics so are Lemmings, ROTT, Duke Nukem, Commander Keen, Golden Axe (moves off COMPUTER games)... Donkey Kong, Alex Kidd, Tetris....

Oh how I love classic games.

=mek=

Originally posted by Meksilon

It did say "adventure games" - for instance thoes are classics so are Lemmings, ROTT, Duke Nukem, Commander Keen, Golden Axe (moves off COMPUTER games)... Donkey Kong, Alex Kidd, Tetris....

Oh how I love classic games.

=mek=

God- what is your problem? Technically in my opinion, games like Prince Of Persia are an adventure game, even though it's not a game you can save (arcade is the word I'm looking for I think) Legend Of Kyrandia was definatly an adventure game and so was Lesiure Suit Larry 3, ok so maybe the Sims and Wolfenstien aren't adventure games- but they're still some of my fave games, so I included them. Scabb mentioned the Sims and you didn's say anything about him mentioning it. Sure the games I mentioned might be 'classics' as you call them- but I prefer those classics and the way you make it sound it's a bad thing, just like it was my opinion on starwars, and you call me childish for it and it feels like all you're doing is making snide remarks about stuff I say or picking me up on tiny little insignificant details.

Sorry- I do apologize if this wasn't the intention you had, it's late I need sleep, but it's my opinion and I do feel like you're critasizing me and I do get rather annoyed about it sometimes when I feel like I'm not allowed to have an opinion. Also to everyone else I do apologize, didn't mean to be so *****y.

Originally posted by Lemon Head

hehe, i don't know where you've been if you hadn't heard about simon 3d but it probably involves caves below the surface of the earth.

but for the love of all things adventure, if you liked simon 1 + 2 then dont, for pities sake, get 3

When was it released?

Natty, don't let Daniel bother you.

For the record, they're not adventure games by the tighter definition we in the community have, but they could be considered adventure games by wider standards.

Generally, when we say adventure, we usually mean the kind where communication and items play a larger part in your success than shooting and jumping. And where mostly, charachters don't have stats.

Originally posted by Darnn

Natty, don't let Daniel bother you.

For the record, they're not adventure games by the tighter definition we in the community have, but they could be considered adventure games by wider standards.

Generally, when we say adventure, we usually mean the kind where communication and items play a larger part in your success than shooting and jumping. And where mostly, charachters don't have stats.

Well I have a different definition of an adventure game- deal with it, and I'm not in denyal, if I was in denyal, trust me you would know. Sheeesh what the hell is wrong with some people? Is it normal for people to have poles shoved so far up their arses? No one else commented on them, obviously you're probably one of those trouble making wankers.

Why thankyou Schmatz :)

of course i don't mean the feeble files! (ironic name considering THAT particular title's quality of gameplay)

Simon 3 is being re-released which is why it is 'not out yet' but trust me on this, it has been for over a year

Simon 3 was never released, mainly because South Peak went down the drain. The gold copy was made, and that was the last we heard about it.

but it said in stock, and there were comments on it and everything - you know how they have the customer review system thing

Right, but look at games/movies that are gonna be released next year, and you'll see they all have comments. I also remember receiving a mail from Adventuresoft on their Simon 3d mailing list, saying that it had gone gold, but that they lost the publishing deal.

Archived