Home

CMI and EMI (maybe even LCR?) flaws compared to SMI and LCR

QueZTone

Hey all :)

Okay dunno if such a topic has existed yet but I'd love to see all the things that are done wrong in the newer eps. So stuff that doesn't fit the universe when you look back at what happened or was before in SMI or LCR.

Also mention from which game you found the contradiction and compared to which game's happening it doesn't fit with.

My first:

EMI: Herman's on Monkey Island like he never left since SMI. But in LCR he was clearly not on Monkey Island but on Dinky Island..

How about in MI2, when it all turns out to be a dream? That's a pretty long and detailed dream, including much humor and dialog that a young kid wouldn't be able to dream up. As much as it was hinted towards in MI2, it seems Ron hadn't even gotten the idea in MI1.

Oh, and in EMI Elaine's voice is different.

Oh, and in CMI there aren't any huge pixels anymore. And everybody actually talks instead of a bunch of text just popping up above their heads.

And what's up with the whole voodoo thing? Sounds a bit fictional to me. I'm sure that contradicts something. And L. Ron Gilbert wasn't alive in pirate times!

Originally posted by Schmatz

That's probably because she quit being the goavernor of Melee to be the governor of Boty then Plunder... I don't see much there sorry :|

Well, I'll repeat what I said... In CMI the voodoo lady said Elaine was the governor of Melee, Booty and Plunder.

And more importantly, where did the MIDI music go?

In the second game, the action was interrupted much more frequently by a mysterious "please insert disk..." message than in the first.

By contrast, these messages disappeared almost entirely in the last two games.

I didn't see a single one of these messages in the first two games once I got a hard disk drive. Whoa man, how did I affect that cute piraty world by adding a piece of hardware to my Amiga?!?!

Also: when you're chasing the storekeeper in MI1, you can spend as long as you want swapping disks and he doesn't get away from you. It's not natural!

And, if you don't add the flower to the meat in SOMI, and give the meat to the poodles, the meat seems to reappear over and over again in the kitchen. I don't know about you guys, but I didn't see ONE cow on the island, and I thought no pirates left the island nor CAME TO the island... it's a mystery....

Originally posted by Schmatz

Yeah, in CMI she sounded kinda British with the accent and all, but in EMI the accent disappeared...

I think the british accent sounded a lot more piratey than the EMI accent, in EMI she sounded too american to be a pirate, I mean no offence to the USA (because you guys invented cable TV so without you I'd just be sitting on my sofa watching *yuch* terrestrial TV!) but you're not the most piratey sounding nation!

In SMI you find in the ships diary says that herman was the first mate and they both landed on Monkey Island through Hermans cooking. In EMI Herman tells the story of being elaines captain grandfather being chased by LeChuck and ending up washed up on Monkey Island . . . I think that's what he said I've only played through the whole game once because it was so . . . so . . . bad.

Archived