Home

5 New Screen Shots

ZeroXcape

What an awesome weapon selection method! not in the road, very stylish, with weapon names and all. We get to see the saber-deactivated picture and the bryar.

It seems the bodies go rigid when they die, so if theyre hanging over something, theyre stiff as a board. :)

also, in screen 48, is that the innacuracy of the Strifle, or has the corsshair been moved? because i'm scared :)

another nice sniper rifle shot in 50. I wouldnt mind seeing a view from the scope soon

51's good too. That gran is getting nailed by the weequays bowcaster shot :)

and 52........ well.... all i can say is....... uriel, go home.

thnx zero :)

<font color=cbcbff> In that screenshot 5 it looks like that trooper is shooting at him while he runs across that bridge. I don't think that discharge is from Kyle's rifle(thank god).

As far as body rigidity goes, are there any games that aren't like that? I think Halo(the greatest FPS ever) has them "slumping" over things when they die but I can't remember for sure. It would be great to see some creative and realistic death poses. Think how much fun it would be if the death posture depended on the physics of the game.

(ie)You throw your lightsaber at your friend, hitting him in the head and killing him instantly. He then proceeds to fall forward nearly leaving the catwalk he is on, but slumping over it instead, arms hanging down. What would be ultra cool though, is if the weight of his arms and upper half caused his dead carcass to sort of "slither" off the catwalk and plummet to the ground. But that is getting pretty advanced, and I've never seen that done. This game is going to rock, but we can't ask for <i>too</i> much, lest we be disappointed by the best our technology currently has to offer.

I like all the screenshots very much. The weapons menu is great. I don't know if we've ever talked about that in here actually! I thought we had covered everything. Well at any rate I think that the one next to the lightsaber is the stun baton.

Also, I don't think that the previous shot we had of force lightning did it justice. Maybe the previous one was Kyle just getting started or finishing his attack, because the one in this picture is at least twice the size of the former one.

Finally, if anyone cares, there is a new picture for Jedi Mind Trick up. The last time I saw it was a screenshot from the E3 movie. This one is new. It's not much help though.

Goodnight. :)

These screenshots look to good to be the Quake 3 engine, lol. If I didnt know it was the Quake 3 engine I would have thought they had made a completely new engine. Its great they didnt though, otherwise this game would have taken ages to make. Im also glad the game is finally in beta.......mainly because we are getting loads of screenshots :)

I want to cry in a happy way at the screenies. nice cameras too. i like the way the gran runs when he sees how much torture his pal's getting.

As far as body rigidity goes, are there any games that aren't like that? I think Halo(the greatest FPS ever) has them "slumping" over things when they die but I can't remember for sure. It would be great to see some creative and realistic death poses. Think how much fun it would be if the death posture depended on the physics of the game.

Not quite sure but ur being a bit over loving for halo are u not. u looked over HL and CS!!!! :p

Max payne had realisitc death positions and it depended on where you hit them to where they fell. There was still no collision detection though and most of the time they'd fall through each other. Hopefully polygon to polygon contact will happen with everything and not just the lightsabers.

Guest X-Vector
Originally posted by CaptainRAVE

These screenshots look to good to be the Quake 3 engine, lol. If I didnt know it was the Quake 3 engine I would have thought they had made a completely new engine.

Really?

I think that when you compare what we've seen of JO to other contemporary Q3 engine games such as Return To Castle Wolfenstein and Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, it comes across as the most 'Q3 looking', not the least.

JO still reminds me a lot of Elite Force at times, which is not all that surprising because Raven's JO team contains a number of ex-EF team members (hiya MRJ!).

Of course, some of the similarities can be attributed to the fact that JO takes place in a scifi fantasy universe just as EF and to a lesser extent Q3 did, while RTCW and MoH:AA are 'real-world' WWII titles.

screen049.jpg

Looks like a meteor trail just above the target reticle. It's these details that make it professional. Good job Raven.

uriel, go home

Heh. Now, now, Uriel is hard up for some cash. He's got bills to pay... Uriel Jr. needs braces. Uriel was hoping for a supporting role, but he's still happy to have the bit part.

BTW, when are we going to get sample mp3 music tracks? So far we've seen several good screenshots. Now, how does Jedi Outcast sound?

Archived