Home

Jedi Knight 2 PC Strategy Guide

CaptainRAVE

Trust me just this once. Obi Wan ain't that good. It's best when avoided. It doesn't even LOOK good. If you're getting an x-box, get something worth your money for it.

Strategy guide? Why bother? It's more fun to learn the game all by yourself anyway. Besides, if you can't find some secrets, I'm 98,7 % sure that every detail and piece of information of the game can be found from the internet.

Strategy Guide? Who needs a strategy guide? When I think of a strategy guide, this is what is going on in my head: :bored:

Now if the strat. guide has anything relating to improving performance in multiplayer, like you can do for Half-Life - CS mainly - then I might consider buying it or borrowing from my friend. 'Cause he'll probably get it. Though I doubt if it will have anything like that in it.

I won't be getting a strategy guide. For one thing, I don't think they are worth the money. I've only ever bought two (the one for Jedi Knight, and the one for Quake II), and I didn't think I got my money's worth. The walkthroughs, although very good, were useless as I'd already gone through both games. I didn't use the cheat codes. So that left the secret areas...and as T-Dogg said, if you are really, really stuck trying to find all of the secrets in a level, someone, somewhere is bound to post them all on the internet, together with walkthroughs and cheat codes. In favour of the Jedi Knight strategy guide...it did have a bit of background information on the actual development team, the levels they constructed, etc., which was actually a more interesting read.

Now that's an idea...maybe (if they ever find the time in their busy schedule) the Ravenites could each do a little piece on the development of the game, and sell that in a book. I'd find that interesting. :)

I think part of the replay value in a game is going back to really explore every level to try and find every secret yourself. I usually don't find all secrets the first time I play a game...so I play it again, taking my time, and look into every nook and cranny to see what I missed the first time around.

As for strategy...well, again I like to figure out the best way to tackle a certain enemy, get past a certain obstacle, etc...because it just gives you a little sense of achievement each time. :)

Hehehehe....if you think a JK strat guide is bad, how about one for Myst or Riven.....hehehehe.

Which brings me to another point. Why on EARTH do they call the thing a strategy guide?!? It is neither deserving of or fitting to the name. Oh well, marketing I guess.

At Babbages around here they will give you a certain discount if you buy the strategy guide along with the game, I have only bought ONE strategy guide and that was for Zelda Majora's Mask and it was only helpful in a couple situations. I rarely buy the strategy guides, and the only reason I bought that one was because I got frustrated beyond belief and couldn't find the answer on the net at the time, although if I had waited I would have found it no problem, but I was inpatient.

But I think part of the fun is developing strategies of your own, and trying to do it yourself instead of resorting to a strategy guide... more full-filling that way IMO. If things get a little tough one can always turn to forums or whatever as mentioned earlier.

I will only get the Strategy Guide, if it's free! I, and my family, shop at Costo Wholesale. My Dad has a membership there and and they get only the COOLEST games (most of the time) and their's are only the S.E. versions or the ones with strat guides.

Although the by the time you get it the it lacks one thing...the strats are ...out-dated. Patrticularly the online ones. I've only purchased the Strat guides (actually I got them free) for Strategy games...Rainbow Six and Age Series.

:jawa I think Jawas could represent my feelings now...

Originally posted by T-Dogg

It doesn't even LOOK good. If you're getting an x-box, get something worth your money for it.

Like Halo. Now only if Jedi Outcast was going to have cool drivable vehicles and Co-op like Halo . . .

*goes off to dream about the ultimate Star Wars game*

StormHammer, ur exactly right IMO.

Besides we will have the best strategy guide right here=each-other and possibly the Ravenites on occasion...

Shouldn't the strat guide come with the SE? It does for other games if there is one at the time.

On another note, I hope we get some input in the JKII.Net Gameguide, there's gotto be 1 here eventually...

Originally posted by CaptainRAVE

The strategy guide and the game are both due for release on March 28th in the UK.........anyone here getting the strategy guide aswell as the game??

I think strategy guide ruins the game...I never get them. I only read the manual about 10 times per day :)

Originally posted by JR2000Z

We've waited almost a year for this game and already everyone's talking about buying a strategy guide?!:rolleyes:

I don't want one. I waiting for the game, I'm buying the game, I'm going to beat the game myself and get my money's worth.

I'll complete the game myself also. I just want the strategy guide so that I can say I've got it......If you had to buy a console just for JK2 I would :).........I'll get anything JK2 related :)

Archived