Home

Do you think...

Darth Lunatic

Do you think Lucasarts traditional delaying of games will come into effect soon? Remember when X-wing Alliance was delayed...and Obi-Wan was delayed ...for ever!! :) Ok LEC aren't making the game, but i have a feeling it will be delayed.

Raven delayed SOF2, same thing just might happen to JK2.

I really doubt it. They keep on confirming that JKII will hit its release month of March.

This is different from Obi-Wan in the fact that we get new info and previews about every one to two weeks in which the person confirms the release date. With obi-wan, we got a preview maybe every month and there was no talk of delays until LEC flat out told us it needed to be re-evaluated on the official site.

Anyway, I think if the game was going to be delayed they would have told us by now.

Firstly, I hope Outcast is published on time.

However, I'd rather have a polished game that is delayed, with later patches for content, than an on-time game that needs patching to fix show-stopping bugs.

We've been waiting since 1998 (when MotS was published) for a full sequel to Jedi Knight. What's a few more months?

Besides Raven probably has contractual obligations to get Outcast on the shelf by the end of first quarter 2002.

What does real world mea ??:confused:

Seriously, I don't think there'll be a delete.....

When LCE store offers a game for pre-order, it is usually at a time where they know that it won't be pushed back.

everyone keeps telling us over and over again that it'll ship march/april....

And it's already a good while in beta....

Granted, SoF was pushed till may, but it was due to the random mission generator, something completely new to this genre, while JO rules, but isn't revolutionating the genre...

Originally posted by Broode

If they do I'll walk into LEC holding an m16 demanding they finish the game quicker. Just as soon as i can afford a plane ticket to America.

I'd like to recommend you a psychiatrist. He's done wonders to me! If you're interrested just ask. :rolleyes:

As for if a game is delayed... it's not the end of the world. Just look at Team Fortress 2. That game has been in production for over 2 years I think. No news of a lunatic killing programmers or nerds killing themself. (Unless Warcraft 3 gets canceled) :rolleyes:

j/k

as you can notice, Im back from that (scary to some) place, the real world

It can be really, really,really interesting and fun

take a look at it, Its worth it

now back to the computer world

I dont mind a delay, as long as its not 4ever as OW

Iv waited for years, I can wait a few months more, and would gladly wait them If they are needed to get a really finished game

If they don't bring out the game on the release date we all speculate on (about the end of March) there will be a good reason for not doing so.

Tough its a bad thing for us (the players) in the end it will be a good thing for us.

Now one thing i'd really like to see is, that they get the game in stores in March (doh who doesn't:o) but.. to quote someone, its not the end if it doesn't.

If you look at Force Commander, of what i tought was right, dont really know for sure cus i live in Holland, but when they started to release more and more info on a steady basis it didn't last another 3 weeks before it hitted the shelfs, and it was in pre-order by then also.

So that the game is in Pre-Order probaply says alot.

*Any final words, cus your story really starts to :o me*

"I WANT THAT GAME"

I was a bit worried because of the SoFII delay ... but the vibe was much different - it really seemed to be coming (the delay, not the game).

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it slipped a bit (e.g. April rather than March) but I would be surprised by a significant delay (more than a month or two).

Things seem to be pretty well in line from what we're hearing, and I'm sure that LEC want neither (1) to get in the way of EPII timing, nor (2) a six month delay.

Mike

Archived