Home

Do you think Sherack's Idea is good?

Heavyarms

Well, if you haven't read the post: Sherack has asked for a VIP system, so that more intelligent posts can be held between the "oldbies." I oppose this idea. Here are a few reasons:

1. Most "oldbies" do not post too often.

2. You are segregating the forums. It's like we said only whites can post in here, and blacks can post everywhere else. It isn't really fair.

3. Well, I like Havoc's idea. You don't want chat, attach it to the name, or make a chat forum. Simple as that.

4. Wow, if it is that bad, then you guys should probably ban the people that do it (that means you can ban me if you want, I am not over anyone here.)

Leave your ideas here.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, as an Oldbie, I don't post very often. So Really, I already have a "V.I.P." system in my head. If a certain thread looks to be more "chat orientated" or "non-earth shattering" I generally just don't post in it, save for a few fun threads here and there ;) . If I don't like a how a thread's progressing, I just don't post there.

As far as a new Forum for intelligent banter, why not just allow chat in the current forum, but if a thread has "(NO CHAT)" at the end of the thread title then that means the thread creator has requested that posting within that thread must be intelligent and contributive to the discussion. If someone ignores that request they are warned by MODS, and if he/she continues to ignore that warning they get banned for a day or two.

If a thread does not have the above "(NO CHAT)" disclaimer attached to it, then that thread is free for chat orientated discussion. How can that system go wrong?

Originally posted by Rogue15

I'm definetely an oldie. eheheheheh *cough* *wheeeeeeze!* I've been here for like 3 years....

Well sure, under Lucasforums yeah, but GB Forum has only been here since July. So it's all relative, for those of us who came to Lucasforums with the GB merger, Silenthunetr and I are Oldbies, but to you who were here at Lucasforums before GB merged, we would still look like newbies.

When it's all said and done any way you look at it, Rogue 15, you still look like a forum "Old Fart" :D

Originally posted by AU_heavyarms

this ain't a chat thread, boys and girls. get on topic.

Behold Heavyarms the art of BSing:

I was simply illustrating the theoritical circumstances that would exist should we follow my aforementioned proposal for "chatting" in the Off-Topic Forum. Since this thread does not contain the aforementioned (NO CHAT) disclaimer in the title, this is what the following post would digress to in that scenario. In this hypothetical scenario, if AU_Heavyarms did not want his thread to digress into mindless chatting as been referred to in the above post by the aforementioned postee, he should have labeled his title apropriately by using the (NO CHAT) disclaimer in the Title. Afterwhich, any chatting would then be followed by a reprimand by said MODS. After which, any and all infractions in that thread by the aforesaid warned will result in a mandatory banning which would be no less than 2 days. Thank you for your cooperation in these manners.

So see, heavyarms? We were just testing the proposed plan for dealing with chat in the forum without creating a segregated community. ;)

Which I may add is something you don't want to happen, so you must like my idea, no?

Actually, I was planning on letting anyone who discusses intelligently in that new forum... It's just that this description fits pretty much any of the oldbies...

Rhett thought of creating this same forum, but without the limited access. Anyone would be able to post in it, but the mods would be REALLY strict.

I like Stryphe's suggestion too! Having a (NO CHAT) in the title could be very effective, if the mods are doing their jobs.

Let's adopt Stryphe's idea starting now. If there is still a need for a new forum despite Stryphe's system, then we'll consider creating one. How does that sound?

Archived