Home

PC gamer review

Blokie_

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I am currently uploading it (13% and counting) to Magnum2's server. It was quite slow to begin with and we were going to give up on it, but things have speeded up now.

I am hungry and bored, the reason I am doing this? I know very much (being in the UK) what it is like when something is released and I don't get a look near it. Why publishers ect. can't just release things on a world wide basis is beyond me.

Now 15%, slowly but surely . . .slowly but surely.

:)

Gordon.

To Bill, Federico and whom it may concern,

My account has a 1024k limit on attachments, so the email route is out of the window. I don't know whats wrongs with Morpheus, somebody was downloading the file last night, then stopped (my connections been all over the place the last few days, which might explain it.)

There is another option though. A mate of mine has a website and I assume plenty of space. I'm gonna go round there with the CD and see if he'll upload it temporarily. If he does, I'll come back here and give you the URL. I think he has a scanner as well, so I can scan the six review pages straight out of the magazine and upload them on the website (this is probably illegal, but what the hell.)

Six weeks till the UK release, I'm counting the days...

43.500.000 bytes aprox...

I think that I'll be kicked from my office (my boss assistant like to go home early) so I'll run to a internet shop (here we call them CyberCafés, I don't know how are they called in english ;) ) to telnet to my server and put it on http when it finishes :rolleyes:

EDIT to ukdag69:

That would be great, just in case Gordon and me can't do it, perhaps I'll be able to resume from your file.

He wasn't in, so I dropped it through his letterbox with a note. The site is http://www.dafatmonkey.com. The file should be on there by tommorrow.

You all owe me, all this running around doing favours means I have to pick up my girlfriend and make it to the restaurant (a three-quarter hour total trip in good traffic) by 9pm (giving me exactly eighteen minutes). I could really use 'Force Speed' with this one...

1. A 92% by PC Gamer UK for a beta is DAMN good.

2. I'm really suprised to see that you can drive vehicles, or control R5 and Mousebots... LEC said there are no vehicles to drive. I wonder, is this really true? I doubt LEC would lie about their own game. I have a feeling YOU made that up. Anyone else that can back it up?

3. PC Gamer US will probably give it more like a 95%. The highest US rating was 98% for Alpha Centauri, Half-Life and Civilization II only got 97%. The original JK got a 94%.

I can happily back that up. It says that your perspective changes as you take control of the mousebot etc.

I too am skeptical though as LEC said nothing would be controllable. But could PCG really just make something like that up?

Gordon.

EDIT: 70% of trailer uploaded :)

Hi Ps2, (sorry I didn't respond to your PM, as you can guess I have been a bit busy tonight!!)

I am using a small FTP program called RFTP. I discovered it a good few years ago for use of FTP on restricted systems (here at uni. on W2K need admin status to do proper installs etc.) It may not be the fastest (though some of the data drops appear to be due network traffic at both ends, but it is a nice small little FTP'er which doesn't crash or run a load of complicated side options.

Now sitting at 81Mb uploaded (has speeded up considerably in the last half hour)

Gordon.

Originally posted by Emon

LEC said there are no vehicles to drive. I wonder, is this really true? I doubt LEC would lie about their own game. I have a feeling YOU made that up. Anyone else that can back it up?

Well besides the fact that the guy from PCGamer came here himself and confirmed it... :rolleyes:

" 1. Yes, there is/are useable/driveable vehicles/turrets in the game - I don't think you'd want me to reveal the best one because it occurs quite late on in the game and is a great surpise. "

-Matt Pierce

Editor, PC GAMER UK

Archived