Home

Got Loom?

Casa Addams

Hi!

I just reseaved my won Loom from eBay...

It was a rip off! Just a damn diskett version (wich I already own) on a CD! ... hrm... at least it got the drama as audio track...

My question:

As it seems to be pretty impossible to get the original Loom CD (espessially in german) I want to ask you:

Does someone got Loom CD-Version (talkie) ... maybe even in german? I would love to get the english version though!

If so, could you like... hrm... message me? I mean it's #@"§! almost abandon ware! You cant buy it and I own the original diskette version!

Please.. for the sake of humanity! Answer..

Help me, your my only hope! :ben::r2d2:

Casa Addams

Hrm...

Alien.. you seem to be right... There was a german Loom CD! But it has english languaged voice as audio track! (pretty weak, huh?) Anyways. I HAVE a pirated copy of Loom Talkie english (just because I cant get an original CD.. I have the original disk version though) but it seems to not work right on my PC. The voice skip or just goes of from time to time making the gameplay pretty anoying...

Could anybody tell me if their original copies have the same problem? Or maybe how i could solve this problem? I tried almost everything... like bootdisks, slowmo and stuff

I would be verry glad!

Thanks

Casa

actually i have that problem with my original Loom cd version. The voice sporadically skips a bit. It was mostly in the beginning and once I progressed in the game it didn't happen anymore. But its because its all audio tracks and that doesn't work very well with all cdrom players i guess. Reckon our cd drives have gotten way too fast for it hehe. =]

• 3 weeks later...

I assume everybody has played Loom by now, anyway:

/// SPOILER ALERT /// SPOILER ALERT ///

Played my LoomCD the other day.

Looks nice and sounds quite nice, but I didn't remember it to be so un-LucasArtsy. You can go to the blacksmiths without knowing the reflection spell. Then after you re-played from the shepherds and changed to Rusty Nailbender you can go inside their castle and find out that you don't know the tune to unsharpen (blunten?) the sword. So you would have to load a savegame from the guild of glassmakers... aaaaarrrgh!

/// SPOILER ALERT /// SPOILER ALERT ///

Archived