Home

LucasArts Land

elTee

I've always wanted this place to exist. Let me tell you what I already know about it, and then you can add ideas of your own.

A LucasArts based theme park.

Like most theme parks, it is split up into different 'lands' within the park. In LucasArts Land, it could have 'The Land of the Dead' *(premier attraction, the number 9), 'The Caribbean' (premier attractions, the madly rotating bucanneer and LeChucks Rollercoaster of Death), The Edison Mansion (premier attraction, the chron-o-john), Cocytus (premier attraction, underwater shuttles), Corley Motors Experience (premier attraction, biker chase) etc etc. Oh, and of course, ALL THE MERCHANDISE!!!

If people think that people won't want to go because they know nothing about the theme of the theme park, then they're wrong. 9 out of 10 people go to theme parks because of the RIDES. And LucasArts Land would have plenty - and goodn's too. I mean, I've been to Disneyland, and the first time I went I didn't much like Disney. Now, I love 'em. Maybe the theme park would make enough people interested in the games that movies might be made.

Actually, I think that the Indy and Star Wars attractions are only at Disney because you can't open a theme park with two rides, and George Lucas needs all his money to make Star Wars so couldn't afford a whole theme park. I mean, its George Lucas - if he thought he could make a profit from it he'd have patented it before you could say 'chewbacca.' He'd really get pissed if Disney started taking handfuls of his profits. That said, the only game I know George Lucas came up with was the Phantom Menace one, and the less said about that the better. Maybe he thought up some others too, but probably not.

Here's my idea for LucasArts Land (modeled after Disneyland)

Main Gate/Ticket Booths: the giant monkey head, of course!

Main Street: For this, i imagine it would be Puerto Pollo featuring the special attraction, Great Moments With Mr. Lucas. Shops and little restaraunts aplenty (the Barbery Coast would be the main gift store)

Fronteirland/Adventureland: the name for this land would be Monkey Island. Attractions are as follows:

-Herman Toothrot's Monkey Treehouse

-Island Cruise (tour the island! Watch out for the Cannibals!)

-Pirates of the Tri-Island Area

-Guybrush Threepwood: Temple of the Forbidden Monkey

-First Church of LeChuck (Haunted Mansion)

-Dinky Island (Tom Sawyer's island)

Tomorrowland: this would be Cocytus and Star Wars of course, attractions:

-Journey to the Asteroid (Mission to Mars)

-Monorail system would be the transportation orbs

-Podracers (either Autopia or the stupid Rocket Rods)

-Different Star Tours places (Hoth, Naboo, Tatooine, etc)

Fantasyland: either El Marrow or Rubacava, attractions:

-Bonewagon through the Petrified Forest (Matterhorn)

-Manny in the Edge of the World (Alice in Wonderland)

-Glottis' Treepump Spin

-the train that circles the park would be the Number 9

-Bird's View of Rubacava (Storybook Land)

-Its A Four Year Journey (Small World)

Those are my ideas, now i really want them to build a park, LoL!

Your pal,

DOD

I think the Mystery Vortex would fit a lot better for the Alice in Wonderland Ride, or that old Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Autoban: Full Throttle Motorcycles (Throttle)

The Peter Pan Ride: Bernard's Chron-o-John (rides over main places in DOTT, etc.)

Outlaws would make a great replacement for the Hooptie Doo Review, in one way or another :rolleyes: .

I think having a guy dress up as Bobbin Threadbare and have this little island in the water, and do the fireworks show and him running around the small island playing music where stuff will happen (like go to the north side and when playing something flames rise, etc.)

Indy keeps his old stuff heh

Heh, and for the Presidents thing like they have at DWD, just have one animatronic Simon Jeffery.

I wonder if they'd push the boat out and have LeChuck's beard actually on fire. That'd be kinda wierd, but it'd be a helluva picture. I think it'd be great to see Glottis walking around the place as well.

I just want to see the studio tour. I can see it now animatronic programmers eternally punching in code drinking jolt and week old “grogg.” Weaving in and out of cubicles in that trolley car. Finally George Lucas lunges out of the water frightening all the kids.

Oh yes and free arcades for showing off classic and future games! Disney’s got it it’s called Disney quest (best 11 hours of my life).

:newbie:

wheres the damn george lucas smilie

its Disneyland Paris for over 5 years already or so. And i just recently got a magazine from them, they let me know Disney Studios was complete. It hasn't really anything special. I expected some cool Toy Story stuff or smth. It's only new rides/rollercoasters etc. Nothing special

Disneyland Paris is the best themepark ive been to tho, i love the atmosphere and didnt find it at all boring (been there twice). I bought my indy fedora there, yeeeehaw i love it! :D

i guess DP sucks compared to Disneyland Florida tho hehe =]

Since I live in America, I have been to Disneyland in California 2 times and Disney World in Flordia like a million times heh. So, two summers ago my family went to Disneyland Paris to try a new Disney. It was way more crowded than any Disney theme park I had been to (considering the small number of hotels) and I ate dinner outside the park at that little joint right next to Disneyland Paris, and we went to a place called "Billy Bob's Western Buffet" or something like that. Well, never eat any food from "Billy Bob" because my dad and I had the chicken, and when we left Disneyland and went to Paris, we got salmanella poisoning and we, let's say, occupied the bathroom most of the day. We didn't even get to see Paris at all :(. Oh well. And that's why I will never go to Disneyland Paris again. ;)

Originally posted by QueZTone

its Disneyland Paris for over 5 years already or so...

I think they renamed it because the name "EuroDisney" had become associated with badness. As I still associate the park with badness, I still call it by its old name. I'm a bit mad like that.

Disneyland Paris is the best themepark ive been to tho, i love the atmosphere and didnt find it at all boring (been there twice). I bought my indy fedora there, yeeeehaw i love it! :D

Hmm. I went there very soon after it opened. I remember a few things:

Star Tours was good. The rest of the park was rubbish.

Bottled water cost £1 (this is rather exorbitant).

You were not allowed to bring your own water onto the premises.

If you went into the toilets, all the sinks were taken up by people refilling their bottles of water.

I feel the water issue has a deep significance and proves once and for all that even Gulliver's World and Camelot are better than "Disneyland Paris".

Remember Euro Itchy and Scratchy Land? Stationment Itchy!!

Ahem.

Anyway, I've been to the florida Disneyland twice, and its great. I went to the Indy shop, and the fedoras were about $60. The leather jackets were about $250, so I didn't bother. Wish I had done now... they had whips too, but that'd never have got through customs.

Archived