Home

Max Payne Movie!

Boba Rhett

YES! YES! YES!

What more is there to say? :D Rejoice!

Remedy's Max Payne videogame, which has seen both critical praise as well as mass approval from gamers on both consoles and the PC, will soon be adapted into a major motion picture.

While that's old news, according to the Hollywood Reporter, Shawn Ryan will re-create the Max Payne property onto the screen for Dimension Films.

"Max Payne is an incredible character with a rabid fan base. As a writer and a gamer, I was ecstatic when (Dimension chief) Bob Weinstein offered me the opportunity to pen this potential franchise."

Said Ryan.

Weinstein said that Ryan has "shown a great, edgy new voice with his characters," adding that he looks forward to being a part of the project.

Ryan worked on the television show The Shield, was a producer on on Angel, and a co-producer on Nash Bridges. He also did work on Life With Louie.

On PS2, Xbox and PC, Max Payne has sold more than 1.8 million units worldwide since its release last fall.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/357/357745p1.html

...I've known about this for months. Read some PC Gaming Magazines people. THey're full of little info like one had a feature on games that were being made into movies. However they did miss a good game that was being made into a movie (well it was a book first...but still) Rainbow Six

Archived