Home

Want to become a Jedi? Read this for Jedi questions.

Wraith 8

After reading this thread, you still want to become a Jedi?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. After reading this thread, you still want to become a Jedi?

• YES! Im not afraid! (you will be. You will be) :yoda:
    • I guess so. dont know. (See threw you we can) :syoda:
    • Nope. No way. (Afraid are you?) :rhett:
    • I wasnt planning on becoming a Jedi. (hmmmm. A wise choice.) :yodaball:

The path to becoming a Jedi is thinking like one. If your mind set is on being some power hunger jedi with a glowing saber you've already lost. People get the wrong idea of a jedi from the movies and the big fights. Think how often did those fights have to happen? Not very often. If you think like a true jedi , a jedi you will become.

"may the force be with you"

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really hate it how people like me for one are being called jedi wannabes like we've just found out about star wars and think jedi are really cool, i've known star wars for about 5 years (im only 16) and i dont like being treated as if im a n00b when i say i think bieng a jedi will be kinda neat, saying that i realise we get alot of newbies on this forum, but that dosnt mean everyone must be treated like that.

and you people say that having heaps of jedi on a server will ruin a game i dont see how its differnt from havinng 3 or 5 hundred bounty hunters on one server....

and gaalgoth you said that people wanna be jedi cause they see the fun stuff in movies which in some cases are true but in my case i wanna become a jedi so i cna do the the trials, i like the idea of being a padawan i like the idea of building a saber its what im really looking foward to on this game is gonna be the only reason im buying it.

every time i come on here now i see people ragging on how hard its gonna be to become a jedi and basicaly saying "your a moron if you think your gonna be a jedi" every time someone says they wanna try and personally im sick of it, its making this forum an unhappy place to be. To me it looks like theres two major groups, those who wanna be jedi and those who wanna be bounty hunters, you dont see all the people who wanna be jedi going "oh being a bounty hunter is stupid" every five minutes, yet you guys seem to be doing it all the time, we already know that force sensitvity is gonna be hard to get but please, stop putting those who wanna TRY down its their choice and when it comes down to it you cant do squat to change that cause if the person is really determind to try like i am he wont let a thing you say stop him

peace out the end :D

(i know its badly puntuated and spelt, but i suck at that stuff ^_^;)

So let me get this straight Wraith, you're here saying that only say, about 6000 Jedis are going to exist world wide. Well those are some very slim odds but I say that it shouldn't be THAT hard or THAT slim of odds. They'll probalby put out a scavenger hunt or something and your character develops a knowledge of the Force of the duration of the hunt... that sounds alot better than a 1 to 10000000000 odds, no doesn't it?

Who else agrees with me? Do you really think it will be THAT hard to become one of the elite Jedi? Either that or a bounty hunter would be cool!:fett: :jenga:

When I wrote my first post here I only read the first half of Wraith's post and now that I've read more I'd like to say that there WILL beNO MORE than 100 Jedi or maybe less. It may, oh... say, cause an inbalance in the Force in the server. But anyways those who might become Jedi out of us in this thread and are looking for some where to go, try checking out the thread under Jedi Masters and then go to Alliance City + Jedi Crew were just trying out some mock floor plans an maybe you can give us some ideas.

E-mail me at original_oscelot@msn.com

P.S. Please no spam.

6000 Jedis

Wow... Seems a bit much!

I heard 150 out of 3000 at first, then someone changed it to 15 out of 3000.

Depending on how many people are actually playing the game ;)

Judging by what these people are telling us (if you would pay attention to them) it's going to be near-impossible to become a Jedi.

Don't look at this game like it's based on Jedis, because most likely: its not. Being a Jedi is a profession, among the other 20 or so jobs.

I can't tell you how to be a jedi.......Your either one or your not. Personality wise. Choices you make. Skills you decide to have. The way you handle problems in game and battles. the attributes you've selected in game with the combination of skills. Many other things will effect it but its defintlly not random. Who ever told you that was definitly not jedi material. All who want to be a jedi should go for it. thats the point the true jedi's will bleed threw once the games out and the less dedicated ones will drop off. So whats the point in calling people wannabe's...be confident in your self and worry about only you.

"and may the force be with you"

I can't tell you how to be a jedi.......

yet...

Personality wise. Choices you make. Skills you decide to have. The way you handle problems in game and battles. the attributes you've selected in game with the combination of skills.

I thought you couldn't tell me how to become a Jedi? Well, that's a satisfying list.

If you KNOW you will/can become a Jedi, then specifically tell me what you must do.

What choices should I make? Whats my personality got to be like? What skills do I need to give to? How should I handle "problems" and battles? What attributes?

You know you will become a Jedi, and you pretend to know you can do it. Yet you can't tell me specifically how?

Don't tell me it's magic, either. And they did say it was different for every player.

It's a computer game, not real-life super mumbo-jumbo Jedi powers.

EDIT:

Also, it will have to be loads harder than what you say to make the ratio 15 out of 3,000! You make it seem like you must be dedicated, well, there are tons of Star Wars Geeks who are more dedicated than you! Way more than 15 I should say.

If it works the way you describe it, more than half the people will become Jedis.

Look if your intent is to warn us into thinking about another profession, don't worry I for one already am. Heck my friend is dying to play a wookie, and I wouldn't mind be a transport pilot or somehting like that so long as it's fun.

However, from the way your adamantly attacking jedi hopefuls, I need to ask: what do you have against the Jedi wanabe's? Honestly if I was a game DEV, i would make it so that anyone who wants to be a Jedi spend ten minutes talking with you... Why? Trying to debate over matters of opinion with you is a trial unto itself.

It's not going to be 15 out of 3000, true it might be more in line with the storyline of the games setting, but who are we kidding this is a GAME.

although 150 or so at most might seem slim, I would take that anyday over 15 for crying out loud.

Why would the DEV's go to the trouble of making a long series of complicated things if only 15 people will ever get to enjoy them to any real degree? It's illogical, and wasteful.

As for saying I will hate being a jedi because it will be boring. all I can say is, you know nothing about me, or a lot of the other Jedi hopefuls. don't you dare think that some of us don't do some things you might find boring.

Hell IN REAL LIFE I meditate for hours a day sometimes. To you this might seem like the equivalent of slitting your wrists. to me? well how can I explain it except to say... I enjoy it.

I highly doubt doing the required quests, and tedius study ETC to be a Jedi will be boring to me. the same can and should be said to a lot of others. i for one highly doubt as I said before you will spend all your time in a cave lifting rocks. It's rewarding as they say. In my experience when DEV's say a character class is rewarding they arn't just talking about thier ability to OWN JOO.

Usualy they mean it in all senses of the word.

To me you strike me as the kind of person who simply likes to debate things endlessly. I could be wrong here though, but from the tone and style of your posts, I would say this is an accurate impression.

My point? My point is I think have made your point. No need to keep bashing Jedi Hopefuls. Leave it alone. Let us live our lives.

I'm not gonna come crashing into your home and kick your dreams to dust. your point has been made. It hasn't changed much from the first time you posted. So now your really just beating a dead horse. Heck I think we all are to a point. i only came back to see if anyone found some new info or somehting. But sadly all I see is cross flaming:

Jedi will suck

Bounterhunters will kick Jedi butt.

Bountyhunters will suck.

Jedi will own joo...

Sheesh... anyway I'm bored now. Feel fre to flame the pants off me, or argue with these points till your blue in the face... I won't care. your entitled to your opinion and to defend your idea's.

just as the rest of us are more than in the right to say that we want to be jedi and will do whatever is within our power to give it the best shot we can give it.

I do agree however that those who want to be jedi just to be tough, or whatever... will be sad, and disapointed. Personaly I want to be one, not for the power, as much as for the experience.

Truly I can play JKII all I want to get some of that... but not the role playing side... not the interpersonal side...

I could own dueling servers, and FFA servers 10-0, 50-0 all night long (not that I do that very often mind you), and never feel as happy as I might feel being a Jedi, even a sucky one, in SWG.

thus I divide the Jedi folks into two camps:

Jedi wanabe's= usualy equal people who simply wanna be l37t jedi d00ds. these people will get frustrated early and poof... they will be out of our hair. they won't understand that to be a Jedi, even a dark one will require some role playing, if not in how you interact with other players, at least in the kinds of descisions you will make. They will go looking for the magic mob that makes you force sensitive. they will be doing the lame things... they will fail

Jedi Hopefuls= people who are going to play the game. they want to be a Jedi more than any other occupation. They may even start more than one character on multiple servers to try and reach that gaol through trial and error. however they already have some possible secondary occupations in mind.

Hell anyone who REALLy wants to be a Jedi in SWG, and thus RP a Jedi the way you probably will have to (keep it a secret ETC). will be basically planning to live a dual life anyway. thus they will need an income, and a way to support thier character before, durring and after becoming a jedi. So it's up to them to choose a job/lifestyle that will possibly land them thier coveted force sensitivity in the most direct manner.

Just my final 2 cents on this thread... unless some new news is posted, I probably won't be saying much more.

Well your absolultey right about it being different for each player. It will be , think of this game as life. The AI will test you in different ways and different situations but it will all relect into the same effect just different sub situations. Think like a jedi and you'll get your chance. its as easy as that. The hard part is gonna be getting threw your trials, and for most figuring how to live like a jedi so you become force sensitive. But any real jedi will figure it out so dont doubt your self. Just wait for your chance and you'll be fine =) trust in your self. Us jedi's will unite and take back what is ours.

yes true, point taken but as far as when they are real *in game* my theory will apply and there for whipping out your jedi arent real.....if you've done more then just watched the movies...prehaps read a little on the jedi as well as other great books you would have a nice view point on what they stand for and the way they think. which in turn would apply for the way you should think in game once your atempting to portray this char. art

Well the FAQ says it will be extremely difficult and Jedis will be very rare... So you can think that thinking like a Jedi will do it for you, and I'm sure thats part of it, but thinking like a Jedi won't make you a Jedi.

I'm sure aftet you become force sensitive (which is also a little bit of luck) there are grueling trials and tests to become a Jedi.

So now you can think and talk like one (so can I, so can all the Star Wars fans), but can you be one? Are you prepared to pass the "trials", whatever they may be?

For Jedis to be extremely rare it's got to be 100 times more than just saying "May the force be with you" and roleplaying a wise Jedi.

Demangel:

I'm not really talking to the jedi-hopefuls as a whole, mainly just to Jedi Wise Guy :)

Unlocking the secrets is the only difficult part. Anything positive comes with a negitive. But yes it will be very hard but trial and error will surpase any kind of hardships along the way. Thats part of being a jedi. Not being prepared for something and having to strougle threw it and learn each lession from each hardship you face after you face it. Thinking like a jedi only gets you force sensitive. The rest is up to your common sense area of your brain and how well you can handle your self. But if you can relate to a jedi and think that way, the rest will fall into place if your at all wise. Thats why it has been decided only few will obtain this status. Think how many of you live your life thinking of others first. being truely dedicated to something in your life. Most people are arrogant stuck up greedy thieves and when it takes up to months to acheive a playing style that you can't stay true to. thats when most will fail. You must read between the lines. The tasks arnt the hardship. Look within your self thats where the true task is. the reason in turn why not many people will make it they say is because there saying in this life many people are too corupt to play along that long judging by the percentage of good to bad in this world.

umm jedi not to make your posts meaningless or anything..go to the station ...you'll see some devs said that some people will become force sensitive by roleplaying but NOT for all......so what your saying is not exactly true for all if any...and um what do you mean when you say *think like a jedi* ???? hmmm

its random not how you think....or so they say...because they can..but are NOt monitoring what you say...its been said

I see 39 ppl have voted 'yes' to wanting to be Jedi. Using the 3-5% approximation that means 1-2 of you will become force sensitive.

Doing a little elementry math leaves 37 or 38 of you dissapointed and disillusioned. So much for 'I WILL be a Jedi. Nobody can stop me!' 10 points for conviction, if wishes were fishes nobody in the world would go hungry.

Aff heck its easy to be a jedi......here's how to do it.

Koffin's FAQ to becoming a jedi:

1. Well the game will randomly sellect players to become force sensitive, but it really helps if you can move things with your mind.

2. Pretty much guarenteed to walk the jedi path if you can hook a three movie contract with G Lucas.

3. Sit in your computer room for 72 days straight. Dont come out for food or water. Keep the room dark with all the lights off. Just sit there with your flash light, pretend its a light saber and breath like Darth Vader. At the end of 72 days, (if your family doesnt have you comitted), you will at last be a Jedi. Well at least in your own mind.

Archived