Home

Want to become a Jedi? Read this for Jedi questions.

Wraith 8

After reading this thread, you still want to become a Jedi?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. After reading this thread, you still want to become a Jedi?

• YES! Im not afraid! (you will be. You will be) :yoda:
    • I guess so. dont know. (See threw you we can) :syoda:
    • Nope. No way. (Afraid are you?) :rhett:
    • I wasnt planning on becoming a Jedi. (hmmmm. A wise choice.) :yodaball:

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

duh its not a n fps thats why i want to be a jedi because its a RPG, i don't mind the small chance and such its a good system i just want as much of a chance at becoming ajedi as the everyone else ppl seem to forget that, its not the hard work or wat not its equal chance that annotis me i don't want to be playing the game for ten years and never get a chance while some noob get s one 5m in after he logs on. also its if the jedi thing is going to be hard and such and u can loose ur sensitivity to the force, i want to be able to get it back its should be OOPS that was ur chance sry u don't get another one EVER. in the reall star wars world it would be i messed up once now i can't ever be a jedi again...take kyle katarn in JO look at that story

sure.. go ahead... try away.

but i think you'd be better of playing the jedi knight games

But i wont try and stop you on doing so... try away.

(dont say we didnt advice you)

was that towards me? anyway i didn't say i don't like the fact that its hard and such or that i won't play anything else in thej game untill im a jedi im just saying in general don't you think that everyone should have an equal chance at becomming jedi?

wraith you could be going a little harsh on people...i mean i dont tihnk its something u can try for anyway...i think it just hpapens...so you can't really tell people not to try to be one you know?...but what do i know i just have an iq higher than steven hawkings

Yes, people have a "Chance", but what you dont understand is that you have to probably spend countless hours trying to become a Jedi, no one knows. I have talked to most Jedi PA's and from what I understand, if/when one of them become a Jedi, they will all tell eachother how and then they all become Jedi once they get their chance with the force sensitivity thing.

Will it be different for the Sith lord. Is that even a option do be

a dark jedi so to speak.

Honestly, Im not one of those people that take a star wars name

and all that. I picked darth maul because I have a slightly unhealthy

obsession with his character. And after seeing the Zabrak race

in SWG I immediately fell in love with the game.

Now, seeing as you can customize your character, I can only

hope that I will be able to tatto sith marks on my Zabrak.

About the jedi thing. I think you guys did SCARE people away.

It sounds pretty damn heard to be a jedi and I would definately

try and probably fail.

But just imagine when people see you and your a jedi their like

holy ****, that guys bad ass or something. I just think that respect

should be hard to earn .

I think respect is deserved by those who've earned it (which in this case is becoming a jedi) and I believe im eating too much bagels, but any way I also believe it's kind of stupid going out and creating a PA that soul purpose is to get rid of jedi, not that im saying that its a bad thing to make a PA that soul purpose is to kill jedi that boast about being one, but for the reason of being able to go around and tell people that you've KILLED A JEDI and stole his mother ******* bad *** saber that they put so much hard time into making.

Well I hope this mass decrese of 'I wanna be a jedi' wont lead to 100,000,000 Bounty Hunters a 40 Jedis :D

Personaly Id like to start off as a Rebel Soldier or a Imp Soldier and maybe be a bounty hunter, or just a Uber L337 Rebel/Stormtrooper :p

I don't understand why they had to pick that particular era to have the game. I would have chosen something like the golden era of the Republic. Lots of Jedi, lots of other opportunities, and even some Sith running around. Maybe they'll do an expansion.

I, for one, want to be either a smuggler or a gunslinger.

Well, if your a Jedi, you are basically a outcast from what I have seen on sites and forums. Peopl want to kill Jedi for some idiotic reason.

Now, the most choosen(sp) race that people want to pick are bounty hunter, smuggler, or a Jedi of some sort. That is going to suck, yet be good because I am going to be a pilot and kick all the stupid bounty hunters ass with my missles. Anyway, I wish people would really think about what race and profession they want when they all are announced.

Myself, I am pretty glad they chose the GCW era. I find it more entertaining than the Old Republic era. It has a rawer, grittier, more 'living on the edge' flair than those clean places with jedi littering the place.

After all, conflict is the heart of all entertainment, and coflicts are more interesting when there's no jedi running around solving them all the time! :)

So yes, if I got to choose between playing in the old republic era, the GCW era, or the NJA era, it would be a simple choise. And that's NOT because I am going to play imperial! (which, at the moment, I don't plan on doing)

Uhm.... i never said to any one they should not try... i just said... dont prepare on being one... dont get your hopes up... dont settle your thoughts and efforts on this one thing.. try to have an open mind about the thing....

they said in almost ALL interviews... we want jedi to be RARE and MISTERIOUS.

But hey.. go ahead and try... im sure not going to stop you....

i even want to make a bet with all the people who want to be Jedi... but NONE have taken the bet..... pitty

-Wraith 8-

Everyone sees being a Jedi the most glamorus thing about this game, as it was with other SW games. I mean, you wont see people buying this game thinking "OMG, I CAN BE A HAIRDRESSER AND COLOUR MY HAIR RED!!1"

People overestimate the power of the force.. maybe a hairdresser could become as powerful as darth vader!... *ahem* wtf am I on about..? :p

I think we all should be told, in detail, about the other proffesions, and how beneficial they could be..rather than staying with what we know of.. the all powerful Jedi path.

</rant>

oooh! politics!

:amidala:

well you got my support...

play JKII if you want Jedi. than it wont be turn based :p

and BTW.... im in this game for the giant exsploration and things there are... to see whole planets of Star Wars... to travel threw the stars.. to do what i would like to do.... talk to people all over the world who think the same thing as me.

i did not get into this game for the hacking slashing blasting stuff.

for that i can buy all those other Star Wars games.

im in it for the smuggling profession.. or in my case trading....

Archived