Home

Want to become a Jedi? Read this for Jedi questions.

Wraith 8

After reading this thread, you still want to become a Jedi?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. After reading this thread, you still want to become a Jedi?

• YES! Im not afraid! (you will be. You will be) :yoda:
    • I guess so. dont know. (See threw you we can) :syoda:
    • Nope. No way. (Afraid are you?) :rhett:
    • I wasnt planning on becoming a Jedi. (hmmmm. A wise choice.) :yodaball:

An interesting post for sure. I'm DEFINETLY glad the road to becoming a Jedi will not be easy.

I myself intend to try some other things, like smuggling, before I even attempt to become a Jedi Knight.

Plus, your right, that is a great reason to become a Jedi. A good example for us all, no?

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point is that EVERYBODY will have the chance to become a Jedi, Lucas wants us to create any character we want.

Its just everybody may not want to take their chance as, like you all say, it is indeed a hard life.

Being eternally hunted.... Not something one should enter into lightly.

Originally posted by Rith Kain

Perhaps you shall be the one whining, a jedi must be encouraged not pointed in the path of the dark side. Encourage them, do not discourage, as if you do...

"He may be the death of you"

Doh! You missed the point, the point I was making is that he shouldn't get his hopes up! Sure, he could do it as hard as he wants but he should be ready if he fails the trials and not come back, "This game sux, you can't be a Jedi..."

See what I mean, if not, just give the game a week or two after it's out. I'll be one of the few that will get to say, "Don't tell me, I told you so!!!"

Originally posted by JekRendar

Doh! You missed the point, the point I was making is that he shouldn't get his hopes up! Sure, he could do it as hard as he wants but he should be ready if he fails the trials and not come back, "This game sux, you can't be a Jedi..."

See what I mean, if not, just give the game a week or two after it's out. I'll be one of the few that will get to say, "Don't tell me, I told you so!!!"

That's what you think. I'm not one of those newbie wannabes that will buy the game just to become a Jedi. I'm going to be a Rebel all the way and if I become Force-sensitive then it is a great bonus. I don't have my hopes up so much that when I don't become Force-sensitive that I will have nothing else to do, and I will start the game as if I'm not going to become Force-sensitive, I will start as a Rebel, and then only time will tell if I become a Jedi or not, and if I fail the trials, then I will be a rebel again, simple as that.

I'm going to be a Rebel all the way

More specifically; what job?

Also I haven't read anything about choosing sides (Rebel/Imperial) but I did read the jobs, and under military it just has written the basic jobs.. Medic, Soldier, Pilot, etc. But it never mentioned how you choose your side.

And when you answer my question "what job?" I'm expecting something like a jack-of-all-trades..

"Oh, well, I'm going to be a rebel like from the movies."

:)

Originally posted by JediGhost[sITH]

More specifically; what job?

Also I haven't read anything about choosing sides (Rebel/Imperial) but I did read the jobs, and under military it just has written the basic jobs.. Medic, Soldier, Pilot, etc. But it never mentioned how you choose your side.

And when you answer my question "what job?" I'm expecting something like a jack-of-all-trades..

"Oh, well, I'm going to be a rebel like from the movies."

:)

Well, I'll start out as a soilder and then move on to being a pilot once the expansion is out. I will be a jack-of-all-trades but I'll be more mastered in being a pilot, then soilder, then medic, but I will be military.

I think I should point out you cannot be a soldier, not in the traditional sense. You may be able to under take some special missions for different factions, in which maybe you have to take some Stormtroopers and blow something up.

But you cannot be under direct employment as a soldier, or anything else for a matter of fact.

Like the FAQ says, if you were a Stormtrooper or Rebel Soldier you would be needed 24/7. They dont get any leave, and they sure as hell wouldnt be allowed to run around the galaxy on their own.

You would constantly be AWOL. Unless you want to devote your life to the Alliance or Empire, and have a particularly boring gaming experience, you should thank the devs. that you cant become a direct faction member.

please let this thread stay a discussion

is that what you call it?, to me its just all the people who think its impossible to be a jedi trying to run these other jedi hopefuls away too

besides this thread got old pages ago now its just people repeating the same ****

"im gonna be a jedi"

"dont bother, its impossible"

:monkey4:

Now before everyone flames me for asking a question, I'm fully aware of the insane level of difficulty in becoming a Jedi.

Will Force-sensitve be decided by a quest/series of quests?

I figured it would but I'm getting conflicting info on the site, many people say it will be random, many people say it won't. I assume it won't.

I'd also just like to ask everyone please to stop flaming everyone else about "stupid Jedi wannabes", "my bounty-hunter will kill you all", "newb", etc.

But basically I'd like some more clear info on the process of Jedi-ness. I know that this is mostly speculation but I'm curious. I would like to add that I think this forum is being run well, although many posters are being idiots.

Also remember that SWG will be an awesome game whether you're a Jedi or not and that's what matters. I'm sure everyone will have fun being tamers, dancers, barkeeps, mechanics, etc. That's the best part about this game.

I say, "Sit back and chill until more info comes. There are many really cool SW characters who aren't Jedi."

:lsduel:

I'd like some more clear info on the process of Jedi-ness

[sarcasm]Ahh yes, well, at the SWG Dev meeting I was at today we discussed this very issue.

I couldnt stay long, though, I had to go back to being head programmer for the game...[/sarcasm]

No one knows the process. It's "not the same for everyone" so you really can't say.

But if you ask me thats a load of ****, how can it be different for everyone!?

Either way, no one knows the process. You can't say "I WILL BE A JEDI!" because you don't know how! Unless your a programmer for the game.

Hell, there could be a little invisible spot on 1 planet out of the entire game. You stand on that and it says "Congratulations! Your now a jedi!".. Doing all your fake jedi mumbo-bumbo isn't going to get you to that spot.

Until someone tells me (us) how to become a Jedi, in other words you work at LucasArts, then you can't say your "going to be a Jedi" because no one knows.

Well put Ghost. But you know what I don't like are those people that call ppl like Ghost and me, who like to put down those Jedi hopefulls. However like Ghost so wonderfully stated, he don't know how to be one, so don't keep your hopes up!

Who know's maybe someone's Jedi Trail maybe to sleep with a Princess of Alderaan ;) !!!

Originally posted by Wraith 8

about the sides choosing.

somewhere i heard you can choose sides in game out of:

Hutt

Imperial

Rebel

Neutral

that is what i heard ... somewere... dont know where.

im gonna stay neutral.. at first that is.

I thought that was pretty official? Thats the sides they have been speaking about in the dev chats and so on, and I have never heard them mentioning another side.

if you can choose sides, instead of the game deciding for you based upon your actions that sounds...OK. But it might be better the other way. Because you could be neutral and go around hacking up Storm Troopers with your light saber and still be neutral even though you've just single handedly annihalated an entire brigade of Storm Troopers. :D

Hey... I dont really aggree to your post. I believe their shall be a way to become a jedi, first off think where Jedi's are !? ind the Rebellion or hiding. So put your heart in the right place and choose the path you feel is right... either join the rebellion or something. ! I dont think its that random who gets the chance to become a jedi. maybe its not easy, but i believe that choosing the right path increases the possibilities to become a jedi, or just have the chance !:yoda::angel: :lighsabre:

main char will be bounty hunter (hopefully a good one :)) and alt will try jedi path if it is presented, if not i'll prolly smuggle for a while till i have enough cash to buy a house like the one in one of the e3 movies :) (ya know, the big one :)) should be nice too :D

Archived