Home

Want to become a Jedi? Read this for Jedi questions.

Wraith 8

After reading this thread, you still want to become a Jedi?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. After reading this thread, you still want to become a Jedi?

• YES! Im not afraid! (you will be. You will be) :yoda:
    • I guess so. dont know. (See threw you we can) :syoda:
    • Nope. No way. (Afraid are you?) :rhett:
    • I wasnt planning on becoming a Jedi. (hmmmm. A wise choice.) :yodaball:

Hehe, nice thread. So basically "If you want to buy this game, please take into consideration the professions that you can, may be able to, cannot and may not be able to use." Actually that warning should come in big red letters on the package :D Neways, personally I get the point, it's a big chance to bet on if you are set on being a Jedi exclusively and the thing costs $50 from the start, and $15 afterwards each month. High chances are that you won't be a Jedi and therefore he who aimed on being a Jedi and nothing else, loses $65 plus however much he has to pay until he gets cancellation.

Well my heart is set on being a Jedi, I believe I would be able to "hack the cherry", although if I don't get it, I'll settle for being a farmer, botanist or a pet caretaker/breeder. It would all be interesting and non-associated with killing and violence, which I wouldn't want to be a part of even if I was a Jedi (except only when I really HAD to). And if I get bored I can go do about 10-20 other proffessions and overall learn more about Star Wars :)

Anyway, Jedi, no-Jedi, cool game non-the less.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well said Black Dove. I think we all, even if some of us don't admit it, have our hearts set on playing a Jedi. Even if just becaus eit is such an honor. What we all must realize, is that in this time frame, Jedi are rare. End of story. Some people, I fear, feel that they should be allowed a Jedi no matter what. These of course, are the people that will probably never be given the opportunity. Such people are not meant to play the pivotal role of the Jedi. They lack the basic personal character needed to even roleplay it well. I have been a part of SW RPGs for over a decade now, way back to WEG. It was then that I realized how hard it is to play a Jedi correctly. So many things to worry about. The code is near impossible to follow and more often than not, you find yourself teetering on the edge of the Dark Side. I spent most of my RP time trying to remove DS points. Anyway, I have babbled enough. I wish everyone the opportunity to RP a Jedi, but do so responsibly, after all it is a priviledge, not a right.

why dont people just play jk2 ill give yah a game just email me and ill kick your jedi ass with my lightsaber breeeeoooww shreooow wreoooow MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA GSGGGSGSGSGSG (force lightning)

sorry

but really if everyone wants it so much then buy that game its accually really fun

Not really comparable to being a Jedi in the SWGalaxies game is it? What with the obvious limitations and the new 1.04 patch which sucks a serious nut. Still JK2 is currently the main game that I play, CTF games are still somewhat fun, however being a Jedi in that game and being a Jedi in this game ain't gonna really be the same.

I'm not even gonna talk about how the effects of being a Jedi between the games are different, what with the interaction/buissness they have -example- JK2 = mauling everyone else, period, SWGlaxies - doing some smart work and NOT mauling everyone else because you'll be mauled by everyone else.

Black Dove, for a resident jackass you sure do throw out a lot of good points. ;)

There should be big difference. First person shooter vs. MMORPG. There really isn't even a comparison. I think we will find that many lackluster member of the Galaxies community will lose interest in being Jedi if they ever are. Far too strict an existence for such a casual RPGer.

I've been reading about it for three to four hours yesterday, and what sounds really great to me is to be a pet tamer/breeded. Havin pets as your guardians, and being able to sell them, growing them sounds like great fun to me. I just love the fact that this game doesn't revolve around fighting and that you can have fun if you just ARE in the game. I mean overall how many games do you know that are not about fighting? The only ones coming to mind for me are the Sim City/Sims games by Electronic Arts. And they get boring after 30 minutes because you either built a city that works, or in the case of Sims, you realise "Hey, I got my own life, why the hell am I leading theirs?"

Anyway, when I buy the game I'm definatly gonna be a pet breeder :)

oh and the resident jackass is connected to so many other things on the jk2 forums, although by nature I'm usually nice ;)

Let me know what you think. I recently posted this to the SWG Discussion board at

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/starwars_dev_boards.html

Here goes:

Okay, here are my general thoughts on the subject.

First of all, anyone even remotely sympathetic to the Empire, would most likely jump at the chance to collect on the standing Jedi reward. Ie. "Yes, Mr. ST, I saw a guy with a lightsaber at the cantina on Tattooine. What's the reward on that? Oh 50,000 credits, great. When will the Imperial Inquisitors be hear? No problem sir, I will lead them right to him.", says the low-life scum.

Now, perhaps your FS character might lose force sensitivity when cloned. Ie. the cloning machine cannot exactly duplicate a midichlorian count as such is created during the life giving process. Something which cannot possibly be understood by man, let alone by a machine created by a man.

In addition to this, if this count can not be controlled by the machine, perhaps said cloning process can in fact add force sensitivity. A valid theory. If during the cloning process a characters hidden midichlorian count can randomly go up or down, then it is possible for a character to gain force sensitivity via the cloning process. This of course would cause fluctuation, but could also decrease your chances of force sensitivity if repetetively lowered due to the process.

Force sensitivity could be determined by following the Jedi code as a non-force sensitive character. Then the local farmer who lives by a strict code of honor would be placed in a pool of such to be chosen by random the next time a force sensitive character is removed by whatever means.

In all honesty, such theories are all plausible, but what is the true point of speculation, as whatever the developers have chosen to make they are most likely already going to stay with. I feel that the developers have probably come up with a great system and we should stop speculating about such trivial items.

Better things to discuss:

1)Larger amounts of alien species:

Such is the way of Star Wars. Such species are imperative to the game. A near requirement for the feel. I, personally, would love to play a Devaronian, or even a Squib. Such limitted numbers should be expanded on as soon as possible. Also, such additions should be added via updates and not expansions. This will increase player enjoyment of the game. Also, species should be allowed to be changed with every addition, so players that wished to play something originally can switch when their first choice becomes available.

2)Cloning.

I personally feel this should be eliminated entirely. It removes a level of realism and lowers the value of character life and existence. Admittingly, I may be attached to my character, but the experience becomes better if I know there is the possibility I could be killed if I don't watch my step. What is stopping me from doing dumb things if I can not take retribution for such actions. It already appears that steps have been taken to lower the amount ov play vs. player conflict in the game, shouldn;'t that be enough?

Don't get me wrong, I am sure that I have missed posts on these boards that are pertinent to everything I have just said, but this is my first time to these boards. My apologies if my statements are redundant of anothers, but I feel that peoples concerns of playing Jedi are trivial. I have played on several MUSHes (Multiple User Shared Hallucination or a text based RPing environment) for several years now, and have only briefly ever played a Jedi. The importance of these characters is high, but this should only emphasize that the players of these characters should have to meet even higher standards. Such a character should be of the elite class of RPers. If you are a hack and slash, kill them all type player, that does not devote time to intreaction with other players and characters, then I feel you should NEVER be given this great opportunity. For thos ewho whine that they may never get the chance to RP a Jedi.....

YOU PROBABLY DON'T DESERVE THE CHANCE ANYWAY.

Now that I have offended or inspired most of you....

Let the onslaught begin!

i think the only attraction in being a jedi is building the lightsaber i dont really see anything else that could make me wanna be a jedi in this game because youd just have to hide everything if some was to become a jedi then they would wanna brag about it riiight or maybe not but still my jk2 challenge is still up for any jedi wannabes

Archived