• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by D@rkness1

Hi...

hey,Korel,have u got the .wav file where Mace windu says:

This party is over!

??

I need it...so maybe you could give it to me(if you have it)...;)

That would be very nice!

Possibly, depends on what you need it for exactly... just out of curiosity? you sound kind of secretive about it all, and the clip wasn't easy to come by, I extracted and cleaned it up myself just to use in my Mace model. Could you wait for the Mace to be released and extract it from the pk3? In a way this would be like sending you the skin I made for mace or the model, although not as important, its still part of this model, so i'd need good reason (or reason at all) to send out key files that add to the coolness that is Windu. hope you understand where i'm coming from.

Also, me and ksk h2o are in talks about getting bones in this body so he can move around, maybe cut some stuff up a bit. So progress is being made.

On a side note, my computer is starting to suck... and I may have to fix it, risking the loss of some files, but dont worry, all the key files for this model are on more than just this computer so its not all too bad... stupid windows... I'm getting a new 80 gig soon, so all will be fixed.... excellent...

-Klorel

Is there a way to get this moved to the showcase models section... cause thats pretty much what this is, plus no one comes to modelling anymore... why they made a showcase forum I don't know... but it seems that that is where my thread should go now... just askin'

-Klorel

heh, I guess it was so far down the list when they were moving everything that it just slipped their minds :)

I'll shoot an message over to one of the mods just in case they've missed this thread recently.

Maby I should bug Eets to give me some mod powers over the editing sections. Perhaps a bribe would work ;)

Sweet. thanks for the move Toonces, by the way, I downloaded your mace 1.1, nice job.

Does anyone know if you can have a bot use a certain saber hilt with the JediMod 1.2? Cause i'd like my Mace bot to use the mace hilt that comes with that mod... just wanted to know if it could be done. And if anyone can find any SLJ soundclips it would be appreciated, and I mean ANY, interviews, whatever you can get your hands on, i'm gonna have some fun splicin' up stuff... it will be cool, plus he's been in over 100 movies so i'm sure theres something out there that fits the character. thats all for now

-Klorel

Originally posted by Klorel

Sweet. thanks for the move Toonces, by the way, I downloaded your mace 1.1, nice job.

Does anyone know if you can have a bot use a certain saber hilt with the JediMod 1.2? Cause i'd like my Mace bot to use the mace hilt that comes with that mod... just wanted to know if it could be done. And if anyone can find any SLJ soundclips it would be appreciated, and I mean ANY, interviews, whatever you can get your hands on, i'm gonna have some fun splicin' up stuff... it will be cool, plus he's been in over 100 movies so i'm sure theres something out there that fits the character. thats all for now

-Klorel

If you edit the "Bots.txt" file for and type hilt "windu" under mace`s info it should work. Hope this helps :D

Very nice work Toonces and Arco! It's great to be a BMF in-game. (Well, I was anyway.. hahah... but now with mo... SHUT YO MOUTH!)

Anyway, I have a few questions for you.. post-release, hind-sight is 20/20 type things. First of all, why wasn't the hilt command added to the bot files? In a base MP game, the hilt command would be ignored anyway... might as well add that to the botfile. Maybe something to consider for Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.

Another question is did you ever find a scaling value for Mace that looks more accurate? 1.0 looks a bit short to me, so I wondered if you had played with that while you were testing it before release. And what is the RGB of the saber used in the screenshots included with the pk3? You might want to put those things in the readmemace.txt, or any other readme's for other projects. Thanks Toonces and Arco!!

LOL, ok, first off wrong mace but its all good. I've done the math and the scaling on Mace should be exactly 1.05. cause he's 1.88 meters tall and kyle is 1.7876 meters tall so i've calculated using vader luke and chewie. And i'm planning on attaching the hilt for this Mace's bot. But good things to consider none the less, i'll take your 20/20 hindsight into account but i'd suggest you post it on Toonces thread. thanks for the input though :p

-Klorel

wrong mace... toonces thread is started by toonces, anyhoo:

heres a little something i've been working on while my model gets a skeleton and weights. Its a sith version of the skin i've made, i'm planning on making 2 other sith skins for the CTF of this one, I guess the one i've done will be the red team.. The other two sith mace's will look different from this one, allowing you guys to use your favorite looking sith... atleast thats the plan as it stands. My origional thought was to make the blue team for this skin normal, then the normal skin be a little more evil, then the red be the one in the pic, kind of a transition to evil, might make for a cool single player story. enough rambling, tell me what you think:

here

THIS ISN'T THE MAIN MODEL, JUST A DIFFERENT SKIN < so no-one freaks out about me changing the origional. Also, i plan to make the eyes glow in the dark with a shader when in game, it will look cool. just post any other sith ideas for this skin and i'll pick and choose the thoughts I think would work cool...

thats all for now

-Klorel

Quite frankly, ithink that looks superb...i can tell what it look slike but hey its ace...

yeah the eye effect is cool makes a different feeling to the game, all the stuff ive seen you do is excellent and always at a high standard in my eyes...

all ican say is hope it goes well mate and that everything goes smoothely with no problems, well good luck,

yours faithfully craig x

P.S : if people want to see the texturing of the model, you could perhaps post a picture with a white backgruond :) but im not complaining cause its excellent.

Sevled's Lair

Thanks for the praise everyone, and for those who wanted it brighter I altered the background, but as InsaneSith said, I did the dark backround to make the eyes stand out, so the background I changed to is still a little dark, but Not nearly as straight black, its kind of a cool, yet evil, effect. Hope you like it.

Scary

Also i'm still looking for more sith ideas for the default and blue versions of the sith skin, and more SLJ soundclips, i've checked the soundboards and all those seem a little inappropriate, but if you have any other soundclips it would be great, I'm thinking maybe sounds from interviews or something like that where I could extract a lot of words... just let me know if you find anything.

-Klorel

Klorel that sith version looks great!!, if you get a shader to work and make his eyes glow in-game as you said, it would be really cool, i'll love to see what you come up with for the blue version.

Originally posted by MysticSpade

alright Toonces i took the original mace outta my base folder and DL'd your 1.1 and he still has the lines on his head. any suggestions.

Klorer u should ask a mod to change the title of this thread to KLOREL's Mace Windu :p

sorry for the offtopic question but how do you get shots like that. where tiy have the whole body then the head in front of the background.

on topic: nice might wanna work on the lighting on the eyes it sorta looks like just paint put under his eys. try to make it curve up just a little.and fade out as you go up.

Archived