Home

Klorel's Mace Windu in progress

Klorel

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what, this model started like 4 or 5 months ago. Bump the college excuse. I've been through college and took 26 credits my final semester. I still found time to do things that I wanted to do. That is the moral of this story. If he wanted to finish this model and get it out the door, he would have found time. Whether or not he finishes this model, I personally do not care. It's definitely not the end of the world. And Klorel can defend himself. It makes no sense to create possibilities and excuses for him. This is not the first time he disappeared for like a month. So theres a great possibility that besides the hypothetical crashed computer and such that this model is simply of no priority in his mind. Fair enough. I say though, finish what you have started. This thing could have been finished two months ago. Its been sitting around at the same progress level for about that long. And since he has nothing to post in this thread as far as updates or progress, and its turning essentially into a spam thread, then why should it not be closed?

Because you have no idea whats going on Keo.... something could have happened to him or a family member all you guys need to stop with your negative additudes.... for all we know he could be in the hospital and here you guys are saying "This Should have been finished already!" you guys need to back off ... I feel he will release it as soon as he can.......

Nobody is saying "it should have been finished already!" I think the point Keo was trying to make is that it is not likely that Klorel will come back. It's been quite some time with no word from him whatsoever. That's a fact. So I will say again - If Klorel comes back and releases it, that's fantastic. If he doesn't, there's another Mace model being worked on.

-Anakin

Because you have no idea whats going on Keo.... something could have happened to him or a family member all you guys need to stop with your negative additudes.... for all we know he could be in the hospital and here you guys are saying "This Should have been finished already!" you guys need to back off ... I feel he will release it as soon as he can.......

You can continue to hypothesize if you want. If he wants to finish the model, great. If not, great. I don't wan't to sound like I'm angry because I have no need to be. But all this maybe this happened maybe that happened talk is stupid. Maybe he just has other things on his mind.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to break this to you, but its not going to get finished. Im Klorel's brother. He is currently at college and he hasn't heard a single word from the guys that are 'puting the model in-game' for months now, so thats why no progress has been made. unless any of you can weight the bones, tags, or whatever needs to be done to get it in game, it wont be finished. if you can offer any help, just PM me and ill tell him.

BTW, he does have the skin almost finished, all that needs to be done is get it in game.

Hey, after seeing my brothers GIR in-game, it brought back hope to the Mace situation. Like he said, I haven't been in touch with the people who were going to help me in months, plus i've been real busy, and this is just a side hobby, which i do for fun. Any way, that said, is there anyone out there who can do all the skeleton and compiling stuff to get him in game? it would be very appreciated. Also its important that the face is linked properly too so facial animation will work... I didnt examin a whole lotta pics of S.L.J's teeth cause i thought he had a nice smile you know :p anyways, I'm not on here much, so if you have any questions address them to Altimira, he's kind of like the second in charge of this model, he'll keep me informed if anyone with prior experience can help... thats all.

thanks

Klorel

Isn't toonces doing his own mace right now? I wouldn't want to bug him with mine if he's doing his own, that might be kind of akward.

On a separate note, since (I believe) the Episode II dvd is out, there should be some quality Mace sound clips, so if anyone wants to send some that would be great. If i'm wrong, it still has been a while and i'm sure someone has a good bootleg copy, so maybe they can get the sounds from that... just need a bunch because with the JediMod you can have multiple taunts, that way theres no more arguing about the best taunt, i'll just have a few. Also feel free to send some clips from other SLJ movies that you think could fit the character. For those of you who don't like the idea of using other SLJ quotes don't worry, I may not, but it would be interesting to see what is out there, and maybe if I get enough good sound clips from Ep II and other movies I can splice a few together to make new sounds, could be cool, i'll of course post the new sounds here if i make them so you all can tell me what you think... anyhoo back to the model

I'm sure someone out there has the knowledge required to bone my Mace :p (had to say it) It needs to have facial animations as well, thats all I have to say right now.

-Klorel

heh, now this is a little awkward ;) I actually only started my version of Mace because nobody was able to get in touch with you for a good long while. I'm glad I did it now since I'm very happy with how he came out, but I struggled for a while because I figured we'd hear from you again. Well, welcome back :D

Anyway, It's a little awkward like you said, but I'd do it for you if I had the time. I'm acutally unwraping Jolts Obi-Wan even though I have an Obi-Wan model of my own so I really don't mind doing things like that. I've got way too much on the docket right now (life and models) but if you can't find anybody who can do it for you I'll rig him as soon as I have some spare time

It's good to see you around here again, I very much missed your Zoolander avatar :D

Yeah, i saw your mace, you did a good job. Glad to hear your willing to help anyways. I don't want to bog you down with others work when you've so generously contributed to the community, but If i can't find anyone else I think you'll be my only hope. Being on a waiting list as you may have guessed won't bothered me, I actually am touching up the skin a little bit at the moment anyways. I need facial animations to work as well... but i'm guessing you know how to do that.

If anyone else who isn't busy and has the experience would like to do it, just let me know, but its good to know that it will eventually get done now.

-Klorel

Also, everyone should download JediMod 1.2, its the coolest thing i've ever seen. While your at it get Altimiras GIR model(you can find it in the showcase forum i believe)... its awesome (but change the scale to .3, not .4 - its just better proportioned as compared to Zim and the normal adult models)

your model is in milkshape?

did you import the tags as when you imported the galak glm? if so you can remove them before you send me the file, I have all the tags weighed to a root skeleton allready.

I have just finished the painful stuff with my model and have the stuff down pretty cold... its boring but hey.

I could try to set up your model with the root skeleton and weigh the mesh to the bones, and get it into a glm format if you want.

But I'm a horrible skinner so i'd suggest you finish your uvw mapping before I get a glm from your model.

as for weighting the facial expressions... well... I cant promise that, my model did not have a face so the facial bones were skipped.

Also I'd suggest you send me three or four files of your model, so I can set up the LOD's correctly. they should be 3k polys, 2k polys, 1k poly and 500 poly meshes. (you can do away with the low 500 poly lod if its too much of a pain).

let me know if you want me do do this, cheers.

:D

Ok, well I'm not sure if the tags are still there, Its all in a 3ds max file right now- hasn't been in milkshape for a long time. But if you say you can do it i'll let you have a try at it, but its gotta have to have the facial animations so i guess you'll have to learn that. As for LODs, that may take a while but I'll def. do that, just reduce the polys then right?

As for finishing my UVW, the unwrapping is already done, all i have to do is touch the skin up. just let me know the details:

mirenner@vt.edu here

-Klorel

Archived