Home

What kind of Internet connection do you have?

How do you connect to the Internet?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How do you connect to the Internet?

• Broadband: DSL:)
    • Broadband: Cable modem :)
    • Dail-up: 56K modem :(
    • other........

Cable here

My friend has a Pent II 300mhz, 8MB ram, 3 GB hard drive, integrated graphics, and a 28.8k modem. Plus his old hard drive blew up injuring part of his comp...like the sound card. The worst part is, his parents are thinking about getting another comp, but he can't put games on it. They say he can only put games on the old one...the one tha can barely run Star Craft...without sound...

compared to him...your lucky:)

(UPDATE) He is more screwed than I thought he was. Pent I 166mhz, but he does have 16mb RAM, 2GB hard drive, and you won't beleive this! A six speed CD-ROM which probably doesn't work up to optimum effeciency.

Originally posted by Clefo

I actually was gonna get it soon, but those Comcast people never contacted me when they said they would.. *grumbles*

Yeah, all cable companies are good for that :mad:

I hate when you schedule a hookup w/ the cable company and they respond by saying "will be there sometime between 10AM and 4PM". What is that?! I'm supposed to waste my day sitting around for them to show up?! :rolleyes:

I got comcast cable when it first started in my area, the cable guys who came to install it had probably a 3 hour training session for this...because this guy was a TOTAL idiot. Instead of running the cord through the wall he ran in around the wall into the comp room. So now in my room you can see this long thick black cable stapled to the wall all the way around my room.

Originally posted by darthfergie

Only problem is that they have "bess" the worst internet filter this world has ever seen. It filters out about 50-75% of my favorite sites:(

I hear ya man. We had that on our laptops at school and it is really bad. They won't let you go to anything.

Anyways, i have a finicky cable modem that has broken like 6 times but is pretty fast.

My [sarcasm] blazing fast, screaming along [/sarcasm] 56k. Any of you who I have chatted with have probably noticed how many times my modem kicks me off. That's because my modem has about the technology of the Ford Model-T. I have to crank it to get the processor moving at a sustainable speed. And sometimes in heavy loads it clogs up like a lawnmower and slips below threshold speed, and completely stops on me. Which means I have to restart it with a few more cranks. ;)

Great for arm strength though. :D

Originally posted by darthfergie

My parents are hardwired into the net...no load times on anysite except for the computer's job. Only problem is that they have "bess" the worst internet filter this world has ever seen. It filters out about 50-75% of my favorite sites:(

"Cybersitter" is better... If you have a slow connection, though, I've experienced a bug where it will only load a section of a site until you refresh like 30 times...

I'm on a amazingly fast 28.8 k/s modem. :D It might be slow but at least its reliable, never kicks me off and never disconnects, I get some lag on multiplayer though, I can't even play JK2 online and it can get pretty laggy on SOF2, usually its pretty good on SOF2 though.

Originally posted by xwing guy

I'm on a amazingly fast 28.8 k/s modem. :D It might be slow but at least its reliable, never kicks me off and never disconnects, I get some lag on multiplayer though, I can't even play JK2 online and it can get pretty laggy on SOF2, usually its pretty good on SOF2 though.

How long does it take to dial up though?

Archived