Home

The Matrix

leXX

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now a matrix mod for JK2 would be so much cooler than a DBZ mod. You could do some sweet stuff with the slowmo effects of the JK2 engine.

BTW I think the 3-5 month short gap between the two films is the best amount of time. It's short enough to survive thru a cliffhanger but long enough to let the movie sink in. AND hollywood still gets their money. The star wars movies and the LOTR are just taking too long. :p Episode III is going to kick some serious ass.

its for sure that the matrix is the greatest movie ever.

i saw it a lot, its the only movie i needed to have on dvd.

i cant wait for the matrix reloaded to come out!!!

"what good is a phonecall when your unable to speak?"

Ok peep this. At first I was pissed because The Matrix totally stole all of the thunder from The Phantom Menace when it was released, and I personnally hate Keanu Reeves(except for Bill and Ted Movies) so I was very sceptical about this movie. Then for no reason whatsover one of my realatives gave me the tape of The Matrix for Christmas. At first I thought it was just to spite me because I love Star Wars so much, but then I watched it and I have to say I was totally blown away. Since then I have seen it several times, I bought the DVD and I think this movie is a landmark to all Sci-Fi films. This movie is fun, intelligent, sexy and cool all at the same time. I thought Reeves was perfect in this film as Neo, there is not one thing I would ever change about this film. I look forward to sequals and also I love it when people and fans combine elements of The Matrix and Star Wars together to make wonderful Fan Films like "Sparring Program". Lexx I really hope you hear me on this one. I absolutely love the Matrix for many different reasons, but I just wanted express my opinion!

Originally posted by Darth Clem

the matrix cant have a sequel

it finished the story it doesnt need/want a sequel

No, the Matrix chronicles the war between humanity and the machines. The story's over when the war is.

Here's my own little quote...

Morpheus: "We are at war. What if I told you that tomorrow, the war could be over?"

I hear ya Darth Groovy ;)

I simply can't wait till Matrix Reloaded, the antisipation is killing me. I personally believe Reloaded and Revolutions will be the most succesful films of all time making the trilogy the best selling ever, even surpasing SW OT in gross sales figures! I don't think the merchandise will come close to SW though. I have seen a lot of storyboard images of the new characters, effects etc and it is looking very very very good indeed. :D

Another of my favourites quotes, some might remember it used to be in my signature:

"I think we can handle one little girl, I sent two units, they're bringing her down now."

"No lieutenant, you're men are already dead."

You're definitely right Lexx:) The Matrix generated so much publicity and media attention - it really was a modern film phenomonon, there hadn't ever been such and intricate use of story plotting and visual effects (Bullet time! Yeah!!!:D )

There has been so much hype building up ever since the rumour of a sequel was anounced. It really will be the biggest grossing film...ever.

There, that was quite dramatic wasn't it?:D

and there wasnt hype for TPM??

lol sure the matrix is a great film .... but if the sequel is flawed in any little way thats it ... all over

much as happened with TPM ... only the real star wars fans are left watching them now

and i still think the matrix should be a standalone film ... whatever happened to leaving the rest to ur imagination

neway i dunno y im arguing im sure ill like the new films

You are right Clem, but The Matrix really was amazing. TPM had to live up to the reputation of the original trilogy: the most amazing films ever created, and absolute classics in their own right.

The Matrix is very different. It is a modern film for modern Sci-fi and action film fans. There is not a specific group of Matrix fans, the film is for action fim fans. They can't do anything wrong with it really. The film is just too cool:D

the cool thing about the matrix is the hole idea. u know, what if it was true, that were nothing but a duracel battery?

also the kind of filming is new ( slowmo, changing angle,explosions,...) and that makes it so great.

by far the best movie and i can twait to see the sequels!!!

lets play a game:

state a quote and u tell where the quote in the movie was like:

=> "find them and destroy them" (easy1)

it wont be as popular as the original

cos it cant be as groundbreaking

and all the mystery is lost

that was 1 of my fave things about the film ... trying to get my head round it

all thats gone now

fave scene: Subway fight where he straightens his fingers :)

or the whole lobby scene is pretty good 2

Ahem.... If I may....

I just got back from england where I saw the trailer for those two new movies - Awesome!

Loadsa bullet-time baby! Yay!

I can't remember exactly (flame me if you must), but I think morpheus was wielding some sort of katana in the trailer - I may have been mistaken though.

I have to agree that it will take a mirracle from God to make this movie as much of a surprise as the first one for three reasons:

1. The big revelation to Neo about babies as batteries has been revealed and will not surprise us anymore.

2. The bullet time special effect has been gummed to death in every action movie that has come out since the original Matrix Film so they will have to come up with something entirely different if they want to blow us away this time.

3. Too much of a good thing can be harmfull. Sometimes sequals can almost kill the original idea that most movies lay, I agree it should be a stand alone, however I will be in the theater when it comes out because I love movies with lots of Martial arts in them!

Originally posted by cjais

Ahem.... If I may....

I just got back from england where I saw the trailer for those two new movies - Awesome!

Loadsa bullet-time baby! Yay!

I can't remember exactly (flame me if you must), but I think morpheus was wielding some sort of katana in the trailer - I may have been mistaken though.

Yes, Neo wields a Katana and that is one thing I am very much looking forward to seeing. ;)

Originally posted by lexx

Yes, Neo wields a Katana and that is one thing I am very much looking forward to seeing. ;)

Dangit! Ok ok ok... NEO wields the friggin' katana :))

Anyhoo - I'm looking forward to the new movies as much as lexx 'n zee others!

The surprise factor may have been lost by now, but they'll never take away that eternal style which is: bullet-time and shades!

Other movies may have shamelessly copied the bullet-time trademark (although Woo *was* the first I reckon), but when the new Matrices (heh) come out they'll mop the floor and kick away all contenders in style! Amen!

Archived