Home

Ask Me About Grim Fandango - Parts 1, 2 and 3

QueZTone

I was at the mall a couple of days ago and on the edge of a trsh can i found a pin. The pin said "Ask Me About Grim Fandengo!" it was in a dark blue color and it was about 2 inches round. The questiion i want to ask you guy's is "did Lucas Arts ever make those pins?" and i'm pritty sure that was a line guybrush used in MI3

It was just a throwback to the 'ask me about Loom' advert that was in The Secret of Monkey Island. Obviously, in The Curse of Monkey Island the advert wasn't so obvious as to have Manny talk to you about his game like Cobb did - Manny's dead.

yeah, i picked it up i'm going to keep it forever, i sent an email to Lucas Arts and asked them if they ever Maid or sold the pin. I have not reseaved a message yet. I was looking for the trademark symbol and i think i found it but it all the way at the edge of the pin and it's kind of rusted out

i hope that they did make the pin and maybe i could buy some from them but, i dought it

ok, my question for anybody is what is the email adress for lucasarts, all the other adress i find on the site are for technical perpose only and they would most likley discharge the email and not read it if i sent threw to them that way. (if you are wondering what the email was about then refer to the the thread "Ask Me About Grim Fandango"

thanx for the help

Well, what you are talking about is an unsolicited submission and LEC has a company policy not to accept this kinds of things.

Here is a quote from the Contact Us page on their site:

"Q: What exactly is an "unsolicited submission?"

A: An unsolicited submission is defined as the unrequested tendering of materials or ideas to LucasArts for consideration.

Q: What are some examples of unsolicited submissions?

Drawings and models of ships, vehicles, buildings, environments or characters for inclusion in a Star Wars game.

A script for a sequel to a LucasArts game.

A computer game you programmed.

Q: Is it possible to sign a waiver?

A: No. Unfortunately there are no "correct channels" through which you may submit an idea to LucasArts. For legal reasons we cannot solicit game ideas from outside the company and therefore do not accept unsolicited material which is sent to us.

Q: What will happen if I forward my ideas and material?

A: We request that you do not forward any materials to LucasArts. Any submissions will be returned to you unread and unviewed.

We hope you understand our need to consistently apply this policy.

Thank you. "

Just get Spaff or someone else who knows Tim Schafer (or e-mail Doublefine) to see if he knows. It was his game, if they made 'em he'll probably know. They could have been from E3 or something. Just a promotional item. But then what was it doing on the trash can? I dunno.

manny_c44, one might have said the same thing about Full Throttle, or Day of the Tentacle, or Monkey Island, or any other game Tim was involved with.

Though in some ways he's sidestepped the whole issue of whether any game can live up to Grim Fandango, by switching to an entirely different genre.

i finaly got a reply back form double fine and the e-mail i got back was totaly unexpectied, if i had somthing to reply and i had to say it in one word it would be "BASTERD."

this is the e-mail i got from them:

Unfortunately, you are lying. There is no such pin, and the real

question here is what would drive a young man like you, with everything in

the world to live for, to begin a life of lies and deceit? Our advice to

you is to REPENT and never again speak of this pin that did not exist.

At least, I've never heard of one.

But if you ever do find a real one, please mail it to us here at double

fine, because we want it!

Thanks, and good luck with the honesty effort,

Info Cow

Archived