Home

MP - Players killing themselves before you kill them...

Rogue74

cheat v intr To violate rules deliberately, as in a game:

Helpusobi1 yea it gives u god like abilities, which is agaisnt the game and reg laws of nature,

/kill - kill self, can do in rl and game life,

no cheating there

the challenge has been made, u accept and get owned, or sit and whine on the boards

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TK-Hamburglar

I think the response you are getting is becase you refuse to listen to reason....

Hahaha...sure. And this "reason" you're talking about sounds something like: "OMFGSFTUN00BUR0wnT!!STFUI'Ml337USUCKGONNApWNUSOBADNOOBFAGGOT!!", yes?

If your not scared of complete and utter humiliation, I pose this challenge to you.........

Put your money where your mouth is and lets end this discussion....

Here we go again... Clan-people wanting to "pwn" me...grreat. :D This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Okay:

1) You missed my point/-s entirely.

2) I prefer to play with nice people. Playing with a bunch of angry teenagers who get their kicks out of completely and utterly humiliating total strangers over the internet is not my kind of fun, sorry. Go ahead, call me picky if you like :rolleyes:

3) I don't give a rat's ass about the opinions of people just because they are considered Guru's in their own little community. I don't care how high up you or anyone else is on some ladder on the other side of the world. That simply tells me that you are winning games.

Being in a clan or winning games does not give you the right to use "STFU NOOB" as your sole argument. I don't see the why you people need to act like asses...?

I say exploits (= to make use of selfishly or unethically) are bad. You say they're great. This debate can not be decided by a game of CTF.

One thing; we wouldn't be here if you weren't flaming my clan. (BF) The only reason I came was to prove we aren' t this "dishonorable" clan or whatever.

Second,

yet you go around killing AFKs which do NOTHING for their team...which makes you LOSE 3-5 seconds...in which you state "it's only a few seconds, just getting them out of the way"

If it takes ANYONE 3-5 seconds to kill someone standing still, they have problems. You can run by someone and shoot them or drop a mine/det pack as you go by. No time lost at all.

BUT, I never chat kill or stuff like that in pubs. Only in games. And I'd bet that most everyone else here is the same way.

Hoby, if you read this bro, OMG relax =) He's not really like this ... never seen him so worked up before. =)

I believe that I responded to you in a clear and concise manner. Not once did I use the word 'n00b'(signature excluded) or 'own'. This entire discussion, at its core, revolves around a tactic. My challenge was to prove the validity of that tactic. Also note that is was not a clan-based challenge. It was in the form of grouping of people who use the tactic and people who do not use it into opposing teams. I might add, you were given the autonomy to select both the groups and maps. Now...are you open to this test or not? A simple yes or no would suffice.

Okay I left these forums many months ago cause it was filled with loser n00bs. I come back with a new name today, and still, I find n00bs, the same n00bs from months ago are still n00bs today.

People who are against /kill command in CTF are n00bs. They are the ones who worry about making it to the top of scoreboard even if their team loses. They camp their own base and grip and throw kill to get 20 pts for CHEAPLY knockin someone off.

We experts, also realize that, and we kill ourselves to prevent you donkeys from scoring points off us by being cheap.

Luc Solar, excuse me, but who was the one who made the first bash in this thread?

Oh yes "/kill is stupid" oooh yes, you're the same **** as we clanners are man/woman/it.

n00bs = You don't play for the fun of the game. You play for the pts. That's what all you bitchers are, you want pts, you camp next to your flag for max D pts, and hold your grip button someone comes, you grip em throw em to their doom and say "yipee I got 20 pts, I take the top of scorebaord."

*Imitating n00bs*

Ooo dat is not honorable! You killed yourself! *N00bs thinks to self: Now I can't get the top of scoreboard and be "cool"*

hehe I can just imagine this now.

Hitler's Officer: HEy you stupid American why did you take your cyanide pill?! Now we can't extract any information from you!

ROFLMAO LUC!!!

You want to play a nice peaceful game with butterflies flying around and the light shining from the heavens all over the place?

Heheehehehee

LEAVE JEDI KNIGHT

I hear Nickelodeon has some great peaceful non-flammable games for you to play online.

Alright this arguement is simple and easy to solve. Lets run down why /kill was put in games:

1.You get stuck somewhere in a map and canot leave, /kill will save you.

2.You are testing some sort of beta mod that isnt completely bug free and /kill is the only way to help test some bugs

3.You made a new map and are testing spawn locations.

Now i'll compare /kill in a normal FPS and JO

Chaseing the flag carrier

UT: You have guns, so being close isnt that important. Useing /kill will spawn you with full health but with no enhancements and only the Enforcer and impact hammer. You could use the hammer and your extra to Hammer jump to catch up, but there is no real point due to the health loss and the wek enforcer

JO:If you don't have enough force to use speed or rage, or if the flag carrier is useing absorb and you can't pull them, so /kill is an ovious choise. Unlike other FPS games, in JO you spawn with full force which is very usefull

Falling down a pit:

UT:The few seconds don't really matter as much, as being close to the opponent isnt really crutial, besides you would start with an enforcer and you would be of dubious use unless your fast to begin with.

JO: in Saberonly CTF games, being close is important, but falls were meant to be a punishment for falling off, so why not makes map from now on with lava instead?

Giving weapons to defenders:

UT:You have a weapon throw command and ammo is littered everywhere anyway

JO:No throw command for some reason (so people won't throw sabers away?) And ammo is hard to get

Here is the question: Was /kill meant to be a CTF strat? Neither games have an option to bind them regularly, and in order to bind you would have to know something about the binding system. In UT it isnt really essential, and it being abused is never a problem. In JO it was left in as a part of a normal FPS comand, now should it have been? Oviously the availability of ammo, the time it takes to fall down a pit and the handicap of haveint to fight someone with no force is there for a reason. /kill is an exploit and was never meant to be put in the game. What's the point of killing anybody in CTF? They would use up their force/life with lightniing, rage, speed and respawn anyway!

Anyway /kill makes the team have an advantage, almost an unfair advantage if the other team doesnt know how to use it and an advantage that was not supposed to be let in the game.

Why in the hell would you post that picture?

This is the possible results:

1.you get flamed

2.You get banned

3. Admins disable pictures

What satisfaction do you get from this? I could imagine you "Yes! i ruined other people's fun! Now to go to the mall and put water on the steps so maybe people will fall! Also i think i will let my dog starve for 2 days and then chase it around the yard with a stick on fire"

Originally posted by [JA] Silver

It's easier to spell Silver then whoeveryouare Ronin so that is a good clue to your age right there. And since you haven't read any of my posts please find someone who can read and have them read them to you at least six times then maybe it will get through.

Once again, PubMaster, winner of an imaginary 98 out of 100 maps, why does my age matter to you?.. and as to that, why, whenever anyone gets pissed off on here, do they automatically assume that they are dealing with a kid? Yes I have read your posts, yes I understand what you are stating, yes I think you are lying about the 98/100 maps, yes I understand sarcasm (ie finding someone who can read, similar to whoeveryouare) and yes I think you are a whiny crybaby who is more worried about your warm fuzzy feeling and points than teamplay... miss anything?

Now as to Hoby's comment to post this on TWL's site. Why? This is an argument for public play not clans. If in a clan match you think it does you good to kill yourself then do it. These are regular public server players making most of these complaints. Would you guys walk up to a wishing well and take all of the pennies in the water? Would you guys walk up to a tip jar and take the money inside? What were complaining about here is the honer system. Killing yourself when someone kills you is not being honest plain and simple. In clan matches I can suicide with the best of them (which Dsbr did not invent) but I do my best not to on a public server. And this, after all is the only complaint. We don't care what you suicide lovers do during a clan match but just don't do it when winning isn't what counts, but how much fun you have does. [/b]

Cry me a river and use an example of stealing money from a childrens wishing well... rofl... you and your "honer" (think you meant honor) system... ok, once again jediwannabee, we use /kill to get back quicker so as to help our team, which includes nonclan folk in a pub... How is it not honest? Because of the loss of points, or the loss of whatever warm feeling they get when they see their name?... for you and those folk, GET OVER IT ..I'm glad you have the /kill bind, good for you... use it when you want to, and I'll do the same... basically what you are trying to say is that you are the self appointed noob spokesman... standing up for all of the warm fuzzy feelings of the noobs who cry about /kill.... heres a news flash to folk who don't like /kill....if you don't like it, leave the server.. easy enough.. if all you wanna do is cry and bitch about something you obviously do not understand the value of yet, then go play elsewhere

Ok, back to you PubMaster.. you are still dodging challenging BF... still haven't given us your alias that you play under on the BF server (why not give it and then change it, if you are that worried)... and you still haven't told us which ladder your clan plays on.... plz, put up or shut up (again)

Originally posted by Ronin_Sith

6th plz don't give me the "im just a honest guy having a civil argument" crap... you decided to start flaming BF, who are a good clan made up of good folk, so suck it up, because it going to get a helluva lot worse soon PubMaster... I am actually one of the quieter folk who play... I do not flame on forum boards, and I haven't really flamed you... but I'm sure as soon as some of the "more outspoken" members of the clan community wake up and see your crap, this will pale in comparison

Originally posted by dev-logan

this is what i think of when i come to this forum to hear you newbies talk about jk2.

wasn't kidding was I....

Welcome to DSBr... at least now it will get interesting around here

If you'll notice Ronin you and profanity boy up there are the only ones flaming me. Get a grip dude im trying to talk about a subject that conserns alot of people and you keep wanting to insult me. Never started insulting Bf until Hoby came on here and insulted me first I was simply agreeing with the original post and using Bf as an example of alot of clan motivations and attitudes. So if it makes a little kid like you feel better to flame me behind your computer screen go ahead tough guy it won't hurt my feelings. If you can't believe i've won 98 matches then it seems to me your the type of kid who screams "script" everytime you get your 3rd grade butt handed to you. I'll be playing soon enough so stay off the servers starting sh@t or get into the argument and act like a grown up.

Originally posted by -Chrono_MOT-

[LsR] is a pretty honorable clan. I played on the [TEL] server too, and it seems like they purposely take down forceregen time - so that they can rocket you and call you a n00b because you couldn't keep pushing them back.

None of them ever accepted duels, and most clan servers I have been on are just full of power-tripped people who think they are better than everyone.

AHAHAH get it right you moron. this is CTF not DUEL. you wanna go duel GET THE HELL OFF A CTF SERVER YOU LAMER AND LEARN TO READ. SERIOUSLY YOU PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS. 'i was in a ctf server and was just trying to challenge you to honerble sabar batle but you are a l4m3r and wont accept my challenge.' you just summed up your idiocy in that one sentence.

in ctf time is the most valuable asset. you may think what you want but i have seen NUMEROUS games won or lost in less than a second. and example i was playing on bespin pipes. the score was 3-4 my team was losing with 20 seconds left. opposing team had flag and i had just been pushed into the chasm. i selfkill, get lucky with a respawn and run into their base and grab the flag (yes for us better players it takes way less than 20 seconds to go grab their flag and return it to our base), on the way out i encounter the flag runner and kill him with a flechette i picked up along the way. i made the last cap at exactly 19mins 59seconds. if i had taken the extra 5 seconds to fall, the opposing team would have won the game, but because i selfkilled the game was pushed into overtime where my team won. CTF is a battle of inches and seconds not yards or minutes. games are won or lost within 2 sometimes 1 second and you can ask anyone that plays CTF and they will tell you the validity of that statement. some of you people cry and say 'well why dont you just suck it up and take the fall' that's just like saying 'why dont you give the opposing flag carrier an extra 5 seconds to make it to his base.' in terms of bespin i or any other good speed/rager using strafejump can be more than halfway back to their base already.

seriously humans are the most ignorant creatures. we say we're the most easy to change and yet when a new and better idea comes along we refuse to acknowledge it. and JA N00b come to our server and win your imaginary 98 out of 100 games. i know you're lying because i play on that server almost constantly. and your name is NEVER on the top because either an HK, a member of TK, and old dE, another member of a well known clan like SofD or HEL, a few regulars like Entropy or TripleEEJ or one of our very own BF's is ALWAYS WITHOUT QUESTION the top scorer in the game and yes i am one of those idiots that actually check. so stop lying to yourself and trying to act like you're 'one of the l337' because you're obviously not to me and to anyone else that regularly plays on our server. jeez now i see why DSbr were such pricks to everyone... they were so much better than us just like we are so much better than u. your ignorance just brings me to new levels of frustration. if you dont wanna self kill fine, dont. i guarantee that you will lose almost everytime and will not help your team out in any way but hey at least you will have your 'JEDEYE HONAR.'

in closing i just want to say that i dont wholeheartedly disagree with you. i was once a n00b and thought that selfkill + rage/speed was the cheapest thing but instead of b!tch and whine about it i learned how to use it and now im a very effective player. you guys sound just like the old chinese people that got owned by their own invention (gunpowder) and yes i am chinese so i can say these things without being racist. either learn to adapt to new strategies, tricks, techniques or just get blown away by the rest of us who arent so set on the ways of old.

lol whatever kid, you're not tripleeej or entropy because both of them do not hesitate to selfkill and neither of them would have a problem with it. stop lying to yourself already and just acknowledge the fact that you suck, your clan sucks, and all these n00bs that post on this forum about how /kill is cheap and lame suck.

Originally posted by Aoshi

and your name is NEVER on the top because either an HK, a member of TK, and old dE, another member of a well known clan like SofD or HEL, a few regulars like Entropy or TripleEEJ or one of our very own BF's is ALWAYS WITHOUT QUESTION the top scorer in the game and yes i am one of those idiots that actually check.

hey sharp i gave ur clan props... learn to read better k?

Archived