Home

MP - Players killing themselves before you kill them...

Rogue74

Originally posted by Xabien

hehe Hoby is complaining about us complaining on these n00b boards and he has taken up almost a whole page with the same crap every reply. Oh and btw. You said that you can counter speed+rage using pull.... this tells me that you havent played on maps such as Yavin and Imperial IE. No drop.

I play on a CTF Saber only server. Try stopping one of those guys then. it is a challenge... not just get flachete (sp) and hold fire down. lol. If there was a CTF Saber only ladder we would join it but there isnt. there are only Failed Quaker Laders. (As I like to call them) :)

I don't even know where to begin on this one....if you haven't figured out how to counter rage/speed on ALL maps (drop or not), then gl playing ctf, you'll need it

Ever wonder why no one has a CTF saber only ladder?

Go play on your servers and hf, but leave us alone on ours... we don't come into your servers and whine about how theres no "honorable jedi combat" (ps, its a movie folks) in your server, plz stop in ours... if you want to play saber only, goto a saber only server... if you don't like guns, don't come into a gun server... im not a fan of CTY, why would I go cry in their servers about how i dont like it?... whiners are everywhere here.

God help me for saying this, but the folk in DSBr (Darksaber clan) were right ... there are alot of whiny jedi nerds playing this game.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my. :rolleyes:

I'd really like to know what it is that makes tagged players behave like this. Is it a part of clan rules or something?

"All who disagree with Us are nooberz. Thou must despise all noob3rz. Thou must not enage in a civil argument with n00bs, they are not worthy. Arrogance is your ally."

Where does this contemptuous attitude come from? Why is it all about everyone else being "noobs" while they are "l337"?

99% of everything that has been said are insults. Everyone else should simply STFU period

Am I the only one who thinks this whole "I'm better than u N00B"-act is kinda ridiculous?

Thanks for the laughs, guys, but......please tell me you aren't being serious...?

It's easier to spell Silver then whoeveryouare Ronin so that is a good clue to your age right there. And since you haven't read any of my posts please find someone who can read and have them read them to you at least six times then maybe it will get through.

Now as to Hoby's comment to post this on TWL's site. Why? This is an argument for public play not clans. If in a clan match you think it does you good to kill yourself then do it. These are regular public server players making most of these complaints. Would you guys walk up to a wishing well and take all of the pennies in the water? Would you guys walk up to a tip jar and take the money inside? What were complaining about here is the honer system. Killing yourself when someone kills you is not being honest plain and simple. In clan matches I can suicide with the best of them (which Dsbr did not invent) but I do my best not to on a public server. And this, after all is the only complaint. We don't care what you suicide lovers do during a clan match but just don't do it when winning isn't what counts, but how much fun you have does.

[LsR] is a pretty honorable clan. I played on the [TEL] server too, and it seems like they purposely take down forceregen time - so that they can rocket you and call you a n00b because you couldn't keep pushing them back.

None of them ever accepted duels, and most clan servers I have been on are just full of power-tripped people who think they are better than everyone.

[LsR], on the other hand, has some pretty respectable people playing for them. I've had some pretty good duels with some of their members (and I almost never, ever lose duels) and got whipped a few times myself ^_^.

I've never seen one of their members commit suicide before but I have seen some padawans come running in, challenge you, then run off because they were losing.

Don't you dare call me a n00b in your server - I've been playing since before they even patched the game, and I know what a n00b looks like (read: scripts) as opposed to a good player.

There are so very few good players these days, and people seem to think that being in a clan makes you good. That's why I'm not in a clan. ^_^

Originally posted by Luc Solar

Oh my. :rolleyes:

I'd really like to know what it is that makes tagged players behave like this. Is it a part of clan rules or something?

I think the response you are getting is becase you refuse to listen to reason. The top clans play ctf against each other in pubs, scrims, and matches daily. We know what works and what doesn't. So, for you to sit here and tell us that we use stupid or dishonerable methods of play is very short-sided on your part. If I took your stance, I would expect my @ss to be handed to me repeatedly by people who compete at the highest level of CTF.

The one undeniable truth that reigns supreme when disscussing CTF is that strategy wins. PERIOD!

If your not scared of complete and utter humiliation, I pose this challenge to you. Get 5 or more of your friends who you consider good ctf players and select an equal number of players from ANY of the people/clan members who oppose you on this forum. Play best 2 out of 3 and you choose all 3 maps, but make sure to include at least 1 suspended and land-based map. I would be willing to bet that you would lose by an extremely large margin and you would fail to get a single cap using your antiquated tactics. Put your money where your mouth is and lets end this discussion....

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

Looking at this debate in this thread...I have to say that the people against the /kill command are winning by far. Their reasons totally out-weigh the /kill-er's reasons.

In quantity of posts, but not through logic.

Hey, just thought of something. If you /kill-ers say it isn't about score, then why are you trying to fight against a "lose more points per kill" change?

We're not. We don't care about how many points you lose per kill. :-)

Of coarse, they'll say they are worried about the health change...but...then if it's not about score, why do you kill AFKs? Why people who chat?

Because they could have turned it on just so that you don't think they're watching, and so that they can atack you at the right moment.

Oops...somebody had better change their argument.

Oops... somebody needs to figure out what's being argued. ;)

Originally posted by [JA] Silver

And to your insult that I get owned on your site. I don't use my real name because you would ban me. If I get owned why have I won all but 2 games on your server in the past 2 weeks. Two loses out of at least 100 damn I do get owned.

You don't win. A team wins.

That's where your misunderstanding begins.

Originally posted by [JA] Silver

The funniest thing to do to these certain bad clanners who thinks their good because a better clan quit is to go on Bf Carnage and start going after the Bf boys. Once they start going into the negatives on scoring because of suicides it's fun to see how low they will let their score get before they leave. Sure Bf has some genuienly good players but let me tell you it's defenately not the one trying to keep his suicide so he can put good players down and pretend he's good. "Waaaah I'm going to kill myself because I can't compete, then claim that it helps me win when it does no such thing. Waaaaah." said Bf Hoby.

Thing about that is..............we in BF don't care about out personal scores. Let 'em hit -2879569856252. We'll keep playing. :)

Since most of you reading it arn't intelligent enough to understand it(talking about people crying about the post asking why I'm asking about AFK-ethics and crap...hey...I'm not READ THE POST)... My earlier post=

1. You say you kill yourself to give yourself full health/power

that's the problem

2. You say you kill yourself to save those precious 1-3 seconds....yet you take time to kill AFKs and chatters. Point there is, you gain nothing from killing them, but you lose 3-5 seconds. That there totally conflicts your argument(debate term) on why you kill yourself in the first place. My post wasn't about Anti-AFK killers and etc... it shows this....

You say

"We kill ourselves to save 1-3 seconds, precious important seconds"

yet you go around killing AFKs which do NOTHING for their team...which makes you LOSE 3-5 seconds...in which you state "it's only a few seconds, just getting them out of the way"

That's a conflict 1-3 seconds = precious, 3-5 seconds = nothing

You conflicted yourself, so you're entire argument is based on conflict. I'm on the debate team and if this was brought up in a debate, the people against the /kill command would most definetly win.

Have any of you played in a ladder CTF match? In any gaming ladder at all. The CTF games that we play are fast and furious, and speed is the key. I say you all get in your clans, joing TWL Gammng Ladder, OGL, or whatever, or just have a friendly pug, but if you want to back that your way is better than ours, be my guest, if not, then sit there, and quietly wait for SW: Galaxies, then u can rpg your jedi lives the way u want

Silver,

When I play CTF I can care less about seeing a message saying "You killed so-and-so" or trying to get the most points. I care to see that my team is on top when the game is over. I would think that most other CTF players think this way too, at least, thats how I would like them to think. If someone is on to rack up kills and basically eat s**t, then the hell with them. I don't want them there and neither does anyone else.

To the guy who started this thread, if you have a problem then why post here where none of us come? Why not post at the source of your pain - like on the BF or TEL website or on the league site TWL where these folks compete? At the minimum, go there and do some research before you start talking s**t.

Every time you whiners get into one of these "self-righteous" frenzies it brings the game one step closer to ruins.

"Here is a good quote from Jbone earlier in this thread: "Anyone unwilling to fully and legally utilize the tools available to them is going to lose bigtime.". yes that is correct. the self kill bind is part of the game, it was intentionally programmed in, and it is NOT cheating."

Helpusobi1 was intentionally programmed in to and that's cheating.

jrg158

I'm all for bringing 1.02 back. Ever try out MatrixCPA's server. One of the few ctf servers that tracks your stats on said server. Tracks kills, deaths, wins, loses etc. Now when someone kills themselves it doesn't show up on the stats as a kill you have earned. You may not care but the majority of JO players I would beat does. Need proof try logging onto MatrixCPA's server. It takes an average of about 15 minutes because it's always packed.

p.s. I'm not Matrix.

Archived