Home

ArtifeX's ProMod 1.0 Beta -- Released

ArtifeX

Actually, just placing your saber on the side of your body that you want to protect (by switching saber styles) will protect that side of your body better. The logic is there to make that happen. :D

Originally posted by Jah Warrior

...This may sound over complicated but in a real sword fight, I'm sure that the side that the sword is held on will be better defended. I hope that makes at least some sense.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I managed to hop on Arti's server earlier in the day. 2 other people there, roughed them up royally. I have got to say, this is an amazing mod. If you could perhaps just do one little thing and throw in admin commands, I'm probably going to give this to the clan I am looking into as a good recommendation.

I didnt clock this but when he mentioned it I knew what he meant...

When retreating the CSC grows in size and your defensive capability is diminished. If retreating surely your defensive capability (i like that word) should be maximized providing the crosshair is aligned.

Any thoughts Mr Artifex?

The mod is good, no doubts there - the trick is to unlearn what you have learned:

Avoid looking down in the ground or high up in the air when, this will place your cursor far more away from your opponent than if you were looking straight at him/her - horizontally.

Attack your enemy as if you were about to shoot him with a gun - precision is key. When doing the unavoidable "circle-battle", always remember that you have to pretend you're supposed to hit him with a gun.

Attacking from the side is possible, but keep in mind that you're supposed to be lookíng at your enemy. If he charges straight at you, he *does* have the advantage unless you're *also* looking straight at him - sounds simple yes.

When doing a lunge, if your enemy sidesteps it and you find you're only slightly glancing his side - you won't damage him and he will block very easily. The way people used to do lunges before (e.g. spamming without aim), doesn't work so well now. You have to be precise with the lunges now - of course you can still do spammage, but expect your enemy to block VERY easily.

Yeah lexx - *something* definately went wrong in hermes last night.... Look, okay - I really wanted a break aight? Damn exhausted of playing all the time.... LOL

I think what you're seeing is just the geometry at work. If you aim over someone's head and walk towards them, then eventually you'll be so close that your CSC will get pretty small. If you then move back without changing your view angle, then the CSC will begin to expand.

Remember, the CSC references the angle between your center of mass and that of your enemy. So don't aim at his head or his feet, aim just under his chest.

Originally posted by Jah Warrior

I didnt clock this but when he mentioned it I knew what he meant...

When retreating the CSC grows in size and your defensive capability is diminished. If retreating surely your defensive capability (i like that word) should be maximized providing the crosshair is aligned.

Any thoughts Mr Artifex?

Nice to hear from you Twins. I'll be interested to hear your old-schooler's opinion when you get a chance.

Originally posted by Twins of Doom

sounds interesting...i think i'll try it....been too long since i played jk2 anyways.....so i'm not expecting to be good at it...there we go, started the download at the start of the post and it's done now...i'll reply again when i've tried it

i tried it out...pretty good work there;)

i don't know if it's a bug or what...but when you call a vote to kick somebody often times it says "this client is not on the server"

i'll probably have to talk to all the JHQ members running the duel servers...see if they can get it running on them;)

i tried it out...pretty good work there;)

i don't know if it's a bug or what...but when you call a vote to kick somebody often times it says "this client is not on the server"

i'll probably have to talk to all the JHQ members running the duel servers...see if they can get it running on them;)

Glad you like it. Feel free to stop in sometime tonight--i'll try to be in there to say hi.

Haven't run into the callvote kick thing. There were no changes to any of that. I'll make sure to try it out and make sure there's not a problem.

Originally posted by ArtifeX

Glad you like it. Feel free to stop in sometime tonight--i'll try to be in there to say hi.

Haven't run into the callvote kick thing. There were no changes to any of that. I'll make sure to try it out and make sure there's not a problem.

i tried it twice, with two different people....it seemed as if you failed to kick them it would do that, there were two people on the server that were driving everybody nuts...hell....the JHQ were on the ASC server....amazing

i ended up asking a clan member to call the vote, and then it worked:confused:

whoa, that is weird. what was the syntax you were using to make the callvote?

i tried it twice, with two different people....it seemed as if you failed to kick them it would do that, there were two people on the server that were driving everybody nuts...hell....the JHQ were on the ASC server....amazing

i ended up asking a clan member to call the vote, and then it worked:confused:

I was surprised at people on ASC. I usually bow at start of fights, and was surprised that everyone i dueled bowed, or at least didnt attack me while bowing, which was cool :p

I love the mod, puts winning in the hands of player--no more randomness. I saw you on for a sec Artifex, but you were leaving as i came on. I play as [*HS*]Machine, or just Machine. Will look for you all tonight.

Look forward to seeing you in there. :]

Originally posted by Mallakai

I was surprised at people on ASC. I usually bow at start of fights, and was surprised that everyone i dueled bowed, or at least didnt attack me while bowing, which was cool :p

I love the mod, puts winning in the hands of player--no more randomness. I saw you on for a sec Artifex, but you were leaving as i came on. I play as [*HS*]Machine, or just Machine. Will look for you all tonight.

i ended up asking a clan member to call the vote, and then it worked

I've seen this error message a few weeks ago on the server i normally play on running Vulcanus admin mod. I have no idea what caused it, and i've never seen it again. Wouldnt let you kick certain players and came back with the error message you said. So it's definately no specific to this mod.

Originally posted by Rad Blackrose

You do know that the whole ASC stunt was a joke, aye...?

Ha :p I came to the jk2 world a little after those flame wars, but what i remember reading about them seemed pretty funny. Don't remember who's serious or who was joking. In my mind SC meant respecting your opponent, not trying for cheap shots. I thought Anti-SC would be the opposite :p

That's all im basing it on...but i was wrong.

I bow to people, and dont get pissed if you don't bow back--but if you try to attack me while i'm bowing, i'll kick-blue lunge spam ya! :D

Bah, you gotta do something about your server, i was playing and most people don't even realize what the mod does, or what "Beta" means.

Now i'm not one to complain about guns, i even defend gun users, but since there are so few servers that host this mod and with the current relase it makes NO changes to guns, i really dont see why people use guns. It is supposed to be about testing out the changes you made, not about geting the most kills.

If it was the final version and all the bugs were worked out, i wouldent mind as much, but it is really geting annoying when i'm trying to test how sabers interact and getsniped. I Could care less if it was another server,but this really trying my patence.

Also with lightning, it's way to easy to get kills in a FFA enviroment, i'd like to make some sugestions:

1.The longer lighting is pressed, the lower damage it does: This way you can still use it to finish people off while not useing it as your main strat

2.Narrowing the arc:This would actually put some skill into useing it, as you can not just blindly enter a room and get kills while dodgeing anything someone throws at you

3.Slightly shortening the length: This would allow the lightning user to be agressive, rather than passive and actually puting the user in danger

Originally posted by zerowingzero

1.The longer lighting is pressed, the lower damage it does: This way you can still use it to finish people off while not useing it as your main strat

2.Narrowing the arc:This would actually put some skill into useing it, as you can not just blindly enter a room and get kills while dodgeing anything someone throws at you

3.Slightly shortening the length: This would allow the lightning user to be agressive, rather than passive and actually puting the user in danger

good ideas, very good ideas indeed.... How about these too:

Since drain and lighning are kind of "projectile", how about it can be push back to a certain extent. This would be helpful for Dark side users. The push would only decrease the damage, it wouldn't block the damage.

Archived